2010 Hide Your Hair Challenge! (July 31st - Dec 31st)

JJamiah, chile I need your energy. Do you drink red bull? And quilting sounds so fun to me but I can't quilt a piece of lint.

Ms_CoCo37, have you tried getting a phony pony? You might have read my thread that I posted but I stretched for 16 weeks - that's good for me - and lost some length because the stylist didn't patiently go through my hair while applying relaxer. Overall though, I gained 2" from Aug -Oct but I actually started stretching from July but didn't length check until Aug. I just massage scalp a few times per week and comb every 2 days to keep tangles down.

19 weeks post relaxer today. Wigging it to the end (Dec: 26 wks).
ETA: I wear about 8-10 braids under my wigs. I almost always braid them in the same spot and they are getting longer and fuller :yep:. The ends are also getting thicker. HHG

Last edited:
I'm officially 6 months post today ladies!!! I'm so excited, but since I'm hiding my hair I won't get the full affect of it until I take my braids out in 2 weeks. I can't wait to see what I'm workin with!!! :woot:

so it worth me ordering online and paying $5 for the product and $8 shipping. i hate paying shipping with a passion but i can't find it in the stores anywhere local.

Well...I really do like it. But, I'm funny about paying shipping, especially when it's MORE than the product. (looking for a long slow eye roll emoticon) Let's just say, I waited until I ran across it at my local bss. I wasn't even looking for it when I found it either. Um, would I pay double shipping? Girl, there are princiPALities, smokey! I'm gonna have to defer to JJ on this one. I might ask my local bss if they carried it or would be willing to order it. *shrugs* Otherwise I'm sure you could find something comparable at the bss. But again, I do like it. :ohwell:

19 weeks post relaxer today. Wigging it to the end (Dec: 26 wks).
ETA: I wear about 8-10 braids under my wigs. I almost always braid them in the same spot and they are getting longer and fuller :yep:. The ends are also getting thicker. HHG

Nice! I think I'm gonna follow suit. :yep:

I'm officially 6 months post today ladies!!! I'm so excited, but since I'm hiding my hair I won't get the full affect of it until I take my braids out in 2 weeks. I can't wait to see what I'm workin with!!! :woot:

Wow!!! Congrats! I'm looking forward to seeing too. :clapping:

WOW..... Your progress is amazing :) :)

divachyk, I'm having hella problems with the site. I'm surprised my last message even posted. I tried to post it 4x before giving up. My last couple of time I included a rant about how frustrating it is posting. I really think Nikko should have worked on a production version behind the scenes, making sure he could get everything working right before going live with the new updated site. Ugh!! And is seems like some javascripts are slowing things down. I haven't had a site move this slowly since dial up. I can't handle it. Oh, and I'm totally unable to access the site from my phone because it's tooooooo friggen slow! (That is all. Rant over. Please resume the hair talk) *Not counting on this posting, really. Whatever. Heading back over to FB.

I went to the website, nugroproducts.com (google it) and ordered from their website, I did order two sprays and one professional Grease *I love the grease. I know people are anti grease but with my hair in braids I grease my scalp once a week, spray once a week with the spray and I am good. :yep:

It is worth it to me. I'd get it again in a heart beat. :)

MORNing Ladies :)
I am cold. LOL
I have a load of laundry to do today :D
I will be lurking today I am looking to BKT anyone have any experience with this or a link with some good read. :) ?

Hey ladies! I'm still under my homemade half wig until Saturday when I'm getting a sew in. Things are still looking good!

I hate looking at my hair these days from where it broke during my recent touch up...the stylist didn't take her time going through the ng and well, you can figure the rest -- she ripped right through it. I'm still mourning over that and it's been about a week now.

I was cleaning up my storage closet and found a bunch of packs of yaki braiding hair but have no creativity to do anything with them. Suggestions?

No suggestions but, I'm sorry about the bonehead stylist incident. I hope it wasn't too bad.

JJamiah -- she's definitely nixed. One part of me wants to tell her a piece of my mind but the other part, the professional part, just says...the damage is done, just go away quietly and NEVER return. Do you touch up your own hair?

Ladies, I'm going out of town this weekend to a hbcu sporting event. Think I will bun for the event since it's gonna be hot out. I'm sure I'll see a bunch of neat hairstyles -- some a hair do and some a hair don't. I'm gonna search for some BSS' while there -- making a list and checking it twice!

Oh and I'm gonna break out my new phony pony next week after my weekly DC session. For the last week I've been rocking the heck out of my flexi 8. There is this one lady at work that keeps begging to see my length. WHY are ppl so worried about you and yours? *shrug*

divachyk I don't; I have mine professionally done. She has hand of GOLD, unfortunately her health at the moment is not to well, so I looked into BKT for a while.

The damage is done, and all you can do is baby your hair tremendously right now. :yep:

No one is worried about me and mine Divachyk LOL LOL, I get lots of compliments on my Lace Fronts, I just really don't have time to do my hair daily, so the Lace fronts are convenient more than anything :)

OT: NJoy, your growth is amazing...don't know how I've missed it all this time...do tell your secrets!

Thanks, divachyk. I have no secrets. My reggie is in my blog and pretty much the same except I stopped taking biotin awhile ago because of the acne breakouts. The breakouts have stopped since I stopped taking it and the growth remains the same so, it just wasn't worth it. Also, since I'm 13 wks post, I'm only cowashing weekly to keep manipulation down. I've started using the the NuGro spray that JJ recommended to moisturized followed by hot six oil and HELTR LI. I'm going back and forth with the order of the last two. Chicoro suggests oil before an emulsified so, I'm trying that.

I'm basically protecting my ends like crazy and just letting my hair do what it does. Again, my blog has more info. HTH.

NJoy: "I've started using the the NuGro spray that JJ recommended to moisturized followed by hot six oil and HELTR LI. I'm going back and forth with the order of the last two. Chicoro suggests oil before an emulsified so, I'm trying that. [/QUOTE]

Njoy, do you use the NuGro with oil or without oil? I saw that they have it at my local BSS and would like to try it. How do you like it? Thanks IA. Also, where do people get the LTR Leave In? I have had no success finding it. TIA.

I am getting braids tomorrow as my PS til reveal time in Dec. Taking a break from wigs.

Last edited:
Morning Ladies!

I have some major catching up to do! I haven't been doing anything special with my hair. I've been in a bun since last week. I feel so unmotivated.

so it worth me ordering online and paying $5 for the product and $8 shipping. i hate paying shipping with a passion but i can't find it in the stores anywhere local.

Had I read this sooner I could have picked up a bottle for you and sent it. That's what I get for being away for a couple of days.

Here is a pic of my hair during the wedding...although I did have to straighten it, she wanted us to wear it up, and I had no problem with that!

Attachments

• Family Dinner Amiyah's Wedding 240.jpg
    Family Dinner Amiyah's Wedding 240.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 22
Morning Ladies!

Janet', simply GORGEOUS!

Nothing new and exciting to report here. I'm sporting a low pony tail. I got a little heavy handed with my CFC Gold and NuGrow spray, so I'm walking around here like I have an all out Jheri:

I'm so bored with myself right now.:look:

Attachments

• puff 1.jpg
    puff 1.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 15
  • puff 2.jpg
    puff 2.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 12
Back