2010 Hide Your Hair Challenge! (July 31st - Dec 31st)

^^^ I'm so silly. I didn't even consider that at all, yet I do this for shampooing and applying oil to my hair for prepoo, etc. Thx NikkiQ.

I need to wash my hair :) On Wednesday :) I am giving my hair the works it needs it. Hello Ladies miss you guys.

It feels nice to give my hair a break from the braids to be able to baby it for a bit. Get to really DC and moisturize ALL of my hair! I will be back in my individual braids aka my Color Purple braids that I do myself lol. Much easier to do and cheaper.

LOL @NikkiQ and the Celie braids, lol!!!

How's everyone else doing...Time is counting down quite fast!!!

^^^ Miss you too, JJ!

danigurl18...I don't think you can post unless this is your final reveal...Hold it for a few more weeks!!!

JJamiah...We miss you too!! Everything going good up north?

:grouphug:
@janet everything is going okay, just sewing up a storm, got a few request for some of my sewing items, :D yay. I still go to class every other saturday so I do some of the projects during the week as well as personal projects. Getting ready for the Holidays :D

So when is everyone thinking about doing their reveals? Christmas? New Year's? beyond...??

I will reveal whenever...just say the word. :spinning: At this point, I really don't foresee myself gaining much more length than what I've gained already.

@JJamiah -- wow, you can sew. I admire that. I wanted to learn but never did. Oh well.

I'm thinking I am going to reveal New Year's Day, I guess because I am simultaneously in the MBL Challenge as well, so I'm going to need every bit of December 31!

Ladies, I need help, long post --

I'm out of town and visited a Super Beauty Depot!!! OH MY GOODNESS. It's like being a kid in a candy store. I don't have any good BSS' in my home town so I'm enjoying myself. PM me if there are some 'must have' prods that I should consider. Unfortunately they didn't have any Nu-Gro or hair steamers.

I'm currently considering a few wigs (see below) -- I tried on Serena and Fuzzy Navel while at the Super Depot and both fit great. My dh liked both too. I just need to figure out which I prefer. I think @Njoy's Motown wig is fabulous and threw that one in the mix also. Which do you like better out of the 3? Feel free to make other wig suggestions if you have any. I will be visiting Super Depot again before returning home.

Lace Front Serena
Sensationnel Lace Wig Synthetic Hair - Serena

Model Model Fuzzy Navel
Model Model Cocktail Synthetic Wig - Fuzzy Navel

Motown Tresses -- LG-61
Motown Tress Synthetic 2in1 Halfwig & Ponytail LG-61

Lastly, Super Depot offered to cut the lace from the wig for $10. Is that worth it or rip off? I've NEVER worn a lace front before and don't know quite how to cut the lace but thought I could seek wisdom from you all or you tube. Let me know if I should just pay the $10 or do it myself (based on complexity of cutting lace). And should I buy the wig conditioning/detangling spray? I've worn wigs before but they were ones that I had no desire in keeping pretty and fresh so I've never purchased wig spray before.

Thx!

I'm out of town and visited a Super Beauty Depot!!! OH MY GOODNESS. It's like being a kid in a candy store. I don't have any good BSS' in my home town so I'm enjoying myself. PM me if there are some 'must have' prods that I should consider. Unfortunately they didn't have any Nu-Gro or hair steamers.

I'm currently considering a few wigs (see below) -- I tried on Serena and Fuzzy Navel while at the Super Depot and both fit great. My dh liked both too. I just need to figure out which I prefer. I think @Njoy's Motown wig is fabulous and threw that one in the mix also. Which do you like better out of the 3? Feel free to make other wig suggestions if you have any. I will be visiting Super Depot again before returning home.

Lace Front Serena

Model Model Fuzzy Navel

Motown Tresses -- LG-61

Lastly, Super Depot offered to cut the lace from the wig for $10. Is that worth it or rip off? I've NEVER worn a lace front before and don't know quite how to cut the lace but thought I could seek wisdom from you all or you tube. Let me know if I should just pay the $10 or do it myself (based on complexity of cutting lace). And should I buy the wig conditioning/detangling spray? I've worn wigs before but they were ones that I had no desire in keeping pretty and fresh so I've never purchased wig spray before.

Thx!

Honestly Congrats on being in a wonderful place at this time. LOL :lachen:
Second Nu-Gro is awesome Just order it. I hate paying shipping but I am glad I did. :)

Second I have never had anyone cut my lace for me. You need to learn and honestly it isn't hard. You keep right at the hairline. Personally I cut at the first hair line, so I do lose a little hair but it looks way better. :)

Yes get the conditioning spray , and WIG SHAMPOO. I love them both and they work well. :) The money you can save on cutting the lace should cover spray and shampoo. Most of all ENJOY!

Lace Front Serena

Model Model Fuzzy Navel

Motown Tresses -- LG-61

Thx!

Adding

LOL

I'd have to see your face/head shape to recommend a wig to you.

Youtube to see someone cut their lace :)

Enjoy, enjoy enjoy!

So when is everyone thinking about doing their reveals? Christmas? New Year's? beyond...??

December 31st

It'll be here before we know it.:yep:

@Janet', isn't the MBL reveal on the 31st as well? I need to hop over there and check in myself.

Last edited:
@danigurl18 you can text me your pics :look: LOL :lachen: I am all for a good hair pic. Mscoco doesn't want to see it but I DO. LOLOLOl

Nah we have 6 more weeks to go, I have used 1 pass tis far (and the crowd cheers)

GUESS WHO KINDA got weave checked. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

My Niece so unkindly in front of people at the baby shower goes I know that is a weave an all but why do you wear them when your hair is long. I am like you haven't seen my hair in over 4 years, HMMMMMM, I said this is my hair, I have a clip in bang but the length is mine. She touched my hair going your hair is longer than my weave, I am like :D I didn't really know what to say to that. I did send her the LHCF link the next day if she wanted to try her hand at healthy hair. :) :D

@danigurl18, don't listen to JJ! DO NOT TEXT HER ANY PIX!

@JJamiah, with all of that gorgeous hair it's no wonder you got weave checked.:grin: Good move forwarding her the link.

Hey Ladies, I haven't posted in a while, but I washed, conditioned and set my hair on perm rods earlier in the week.

I like it. I am going to get some bigger rollers and probably do this once a week. Hope everyone is doing well and I can't wait until all the reveals :)

Hey Ladies, I haven't posted in a while, but I washed, conditioned and set my hair on perm rods earlier in the week.

I like it. I am going to get some bigger rollers and probably do this once a week. Hope everyone is doing well and I can't wait until all the reveals :)

OOOOO! I would love to see pix! I can't do a successful rollerset to save my life. My hair won't cooperate.:nono:

December 31st

It'll be here before we know it.:yep:

@Janet', isn't the MBL reveal on the 31st as well? I need to hop over there and check in myself.

Yep, it is! People have already started revealing over there as well. I am no where near ready...I need this last 6 weeks!:lachen::lachen:

@NikkiQ, enjoy access to your hair. I love braids but I get tired of them after a while but refuse to take them down because of the money spent.

@JJamiah, I'll PM you a pick for wig ideas and thanks for the other tips. Your hair is gorgeous and your niece hasn't seen it in over 4 years? No wonder she was confused. Good thinking on your feet. I'm not quick on my feet like that.

@MsCoCo_37, the forum downgraded back to the original format.

@BrownEyez22, I love rollersetting but it takes way too long so I typically don't do it, I simply air dry...but nothing beats a freshly rollerset head.

Janet', good luck in your MBL challenge.

Hey ladies I haven't checked in here in a while. I'm still braided under my wigs, which has helped me a great deal. I have 5 weeks left of grad school and if I had to deal with my hair on a regular basis I would just go nuts.

I will reveal whenever...just say the word. :spinning: At this point, I really don't foresee myself gaining much more length than what I've gained already.

@JJamiah -- wow, you can sew. I admire that. I wanted to learn but never did. Oh well.

@divachyk I learned to sew March 2009 and I have been taking class ever since, I have one family member right now I need to Surpass in skill because I beat the rest out, learning from fashionistas and Old heads that sew. I knew I was way behind in skill but them laughing at me, NOW I sew better than them :lachen: and now they are asking me can you show me how to do a collar and a blind hem, Why Sure, but weren't all of you laughing at me. :yep:

I love my family though, they are the best, with out them upsetting me I wouldn't have even lifted a finger.

Honestly ladies before my classes I didn't even know how to hand sew, now I am dying to get into Haute Couture sewing so badly because I want to master my hand sewing. :)

I started sewing based on my kids into boy Scouting and Mom needed to put the badges on, girl those things were first killing my finger, second, Busted looking, I had kept poking my finger.

SO if you want to learn it, LEARN it is so FUN! and my gifts are unique and appreciated :) right now I feel crazy doing all these beginner projects, so I still work on my Vogue patterns as well as my simple stuff :)

Back