2012 DC Challenge Part III (July 1st- Sept 30th)

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
tiffers, I've tried Vanilla Silk, but not alone. I should have done that. Right now, it's in a bundle to go on the Hair Exchange. I may take it out and try it again.

Onhergrind09

I am DCing on dry hair with ORS Hair Mayo, this is my first time using it in a few years, I'll see how my hair likes it. After applying the DC, I will saran my head then sit under my soft bonnet for 20 min. I usually steam my DC's but I left my steamer at school and my hair seems to like this modification so far.

LightEyedMami

Yep, im in again!...I will deep condition tomorrow after the gym (most likely with AOHSR and few drops of grapeseed oil) :yep:

shortt29

After my Brahmi and Amla treatment, I DC'ed last night with Miss Key 10en1 mixed with Mixed Chicks Deep Conditioner and Vatika Coconut oil

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
My husband is a genius. I couldn't figure out what to steam with between SD Vanilla Silk and Chocolate Bliss, so I asked his opinion and he answered "Steam with Vanilla Silk AND Chocolate Bliss."

Now why didn't I think of that? :lick:

So I did the predeepoo method and coated my hair with HQS Coconut Lime Oil. Then I mixed up Chocolate Bliss AND Vanilla Silk, honey and Claudie's Vere Oil. :reddancer:

tiffers

Arian What did you mix it with? Vanilla Silk is great alone or with oil(s).

Lately, I've been in looooove with the predeepoo method, which is coating your hair in coconut oil and applying a mix of conditioner, honey and your choice of oil. Using VS this way completely rocked my world :lick:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Did a Mega-Tek under my Wig w/2 Plastic Caps (while at work) and came home and Steamed with Darcy's Botanicals Deep Moisturizing Conditioning Mask.

Bublin

Now, i really want to DC twice a week but I don't see how this is possible for me.

I have to set my hair into twists and then it will still be wet in the morning. Hood driers make my hair feel rough so I'm strictly No Heat.

I can't pull my wet hair into a bun as the front is short and my hair dries really rough, frizzy and tangled unless it is set in braids and twists.

I'm gonna have to figure this one out because my hair needs more DCing.

Any suggestions ladies?

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
sckri23 some typical DC key words: deep, deeply moisturizing, hydrating, penetrating, replenishing, restorative, treatment, things like that. Typically, the instructions will say to leave them on for at least 5 mins.

Check out some popular DCs here.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Simply dry DC with hibiscus and marshmallow root tea and AOIN (anyone looking for a big moisture boost...incorporate tea into your regimen) since doing so I've had to seriously up my protein usage.

Blairx0

Hi Ladies.

I have 16 oz of Silk Dreams and while I like it I want to love it. Any suggestions on what I can mix in it to get that wow factor?

tiffers

Arian Oh no, VS doesn't need aaaaany other conditioner mixed in! You should def try it by itself or with just oils or honey or something. :yep:

Blairx0 Have you heard of the predeepoo method? I've been incorporating on dc days and my hair is LOVING me. It takes Vanilla Silk to a whole nother level... A whole nother PLANET! :lick:

claud-uk

halee_J - I'd like to join this too please, you have some great challenges going on!

Today I'll be DC'ing with Queen Helene Cholesterol after a co wash.

Blairx0

Blairx0 Have you heard of the predeepoo method? I've been incorporating on dc days and my hair is LOVING me. It takes Vanilla Silk to a whole nother level... A whole nother PLANET! :lick:[/QUOTE]

I occasionally pre popo with an oil, bit it just takes so long. Considering I dc for about 5 hours as is. What do you prepoo with/

lamaria211

Blairx0 said:
Blairx0 Have you heard of the predeepoo method? I've been incorporating on dc days and my hair is LOVING me. It takes Vanilla Silk to a whole nother level... A whole nother PLANET! :lick:

I occasionally pre popo with an oil, bit it just takes so long. Considering I dc for about 5 hours as is. What do you prepoo with/[/QUOTE]

Predeepoo method consist of first coating your hair in coconut oil(sometimes I use vatika oil)
Then using a mixture of (your choice of) a moisturizing condish, hair oil, honey and mayo if you need protein. Sitting with this on dry hair for a period of time (overnight is extrodinary!) Then washing with a moisturizing cleanser poo, bar soap, cleansing condish or whatever:) hth

Brownie518

I sprayed on IPN TeaLightful Hair Quencher spritz and then covered it with BV Smoothie. Let that sit for almost 2 hours. Perfect!!!

MsDes

I'm in. I will be dc'ing at least 1x weekly after shampooing. Currently using and loving Silicon Mix.

Hyacinthe

MsDes said:
I'm in. I will be dc'ing at least 1x weekly after shampooing. Currently using and loving Silicon Mix.

I also just purchased silicon mix and now I'm like how did I manage without it. It's my new favorite conditioner. My hair felt so strong afterwards but soft & my NG was so manageable.

KaramelDiva1978

My deep conditioning session was AMAZING :yep::yep:!!! I conditioned after a co-wash and Aphogee 2 min reconstructor treatment. My hair loved the honey, vatika & olive oil and Suave Almond & Shea Butter conditioner. I conditioned with a plastic cap for about 40 mins, then moisturized with ORS Intense HaiRepair (this stuff smells amazing :lick:) and sealed with Vatika for a silky shiny rollerset this morning. I am in hair heaven! This predeepoo is the business for my hair!!