2014 Challenge- CoWash, CoCleanse, Mud Wash, Honey Cleanse, & Others

KaramelDiva1978

Perfect timing! I'm getting back on track since getting married in November and adjusting. This is probably my first post in about 3 months. I'm pretty disappointed with my hair and I know its because of neglect--so I'm hitting hard at going back to basics.

MUST ANSWER THE FOLLOWING 10 QUESTIONS
1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.): Relaxed and considering transitioning
2) Current hair length: Kissing BSL
3) Ultimate hair length: Waist length and I want it badly!
4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc): I'd like to be a full healthy MBL and almost waist length

5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: Co-washing and ayurvedic pastes
6) Number of times per week you will do this: Once
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: Amla & Shikakai, Wen, Keracare cleansing clean and use up other cheapie conditioners in my collection
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc): ayurvedic pastes
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: every 3 weeks or so
10) List shampoo: Design or Keracare

Jace032000

Please sign me up---I need all the challenges I can get. 2014 is the "Year of MY Hair!" lol.

1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.): natural with Global Keratin Treatment
2) Current hair length: 13 inches
3) Ultimate hair length: reaching my waist
4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc): I want healthier, thicker hair. Continued moisture, strength and hopefully by 2014---to obtain MBL.
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: I actually like to do a Honey/Olive Oil Deep Conditioner.
6) Number of times per week you will do this: Once every 2 weeks.
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: I wear my hair flat ironed straight (I'm a straight natural lol). So, I have to watch what types of products I use to prevent reversion. I like to use Carol's Daughter Hair Milk leave in moisturizer and seal with raw coconut oil at least every other day.
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc): I go to the salon every two weeks to have my hair steamed-DC and flat ironed.
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: once every two week
10) List shampoo: Shea Moisture Retention Shampoo. I also put Rosemary oil on my hair baggy it for at least 30 mins then rinse. My hair is left incredibly soft and moisturized.

sisters248

Today, I decided to try something new! So I cowashed my hair with Silk Dreams whip my hair cleansing cream! My hair feels amazing! Just waiting for it to finish air dry so that I can moisturize and seal my hair! Woot! :lick:

Jace032000

Deep conditioned with honey and coconut oil today for two hours. Hair was ultra soft afterwards and my curls popped! I moisturized with Shea Moisture coconut hair milk and sealed with coconut oil. My hair is now in a damp bun.

Last edited:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
I just used As I Am Cleansing Pudding for the first time. I'm pleased with how cleaned my hair and scalp. Additionally, my hair was super soft, before I applied my DC. This is a definite repurchase.

m_wink

1) State of hair (relaxed, natural, etc.): Texturized
2) Current hair length: APL
3) Ultimate hair length: MBL
4) Year end hair goal (length, density, softness factor, ends maintenance etc): Approaching MBL with lush ends!
5) Method you will be using to cleanse your hair and scalp while retaining moisture: Co-washing
6) Number of times per week you will do this: 2x
7) Products and/or ingredients you will be using: Suave almond shea butter
8) Anything you will be doing just prior or after (deep conditioning, hot oil, ayurvedic treatment, oil rinsing etc): I may prepoo prior to cowashing for shine
9) Frequency of traditional shampoo use: usually once a week or once every 2 weeks
10) List shampoo: Aveno Nourishing Shampoo