2014 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ladies! Everyone has been MIA. We need to catch up. What are your hair plans for the summer? Anyone recently relaxed or have any news they want to share.
Cattypus1,shortdub78, EnExitStageLeft, SunySydeofLyfe, lamaria211, soonergirl,
KiWiStyle, yoli184, 317537, nappytherapy,@ kukaberry

I'm 21 weeks post; will be exactly 5 months post on 6/3. My hair is doing well with this stretch. I want to get to 6 months post before I make a decision about whether or not I'm going to relax or continue to stretch. My pixie cut has grown out and I should be full NL by the end of summer.

Hey all! Ive been in lurk mode! ! I chopped from bsl to apl because one side was and the other wasnt! Lol. Dont know why but the cut feels so nice! I have to say I will be trimming more often. Did an overnight dry prepoo with coconut oil...now sitting under the dryer with a hot oil treatment to see if it does anything.

I tried that mizani therma heat...my hair hated it...never really responds to any mizani products...anyone else?

Hey all! Ive been in lurk mode! ! I chopped from bsl to apl because one side was and the other wasnt! Lol. Dont know why but the cut feels so nice! I have to say I will be trimming more often. Did an overnight dry prepoo with coconut oil...now sitting under the dryer with a hot oil treatment to see if it does anything. I tried that mizani therma heat...my hair hated it...never really responds to any mizani products...anyone else?

Hi lady! Do you have pics of your new cut?

I use the Mizani Thermasmooth Smoothguard serum and It's A Ten leave in w/keratin to blow dry my hair on a regular basis. I believe these two products are the keys to my successful stretch, thus far.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Hi ladies! Everyone has been MIA. We need to catch up. What are your hair plans for the summer? Anyone recently relaxed or have any news they want to share. Cattypus1,shortdub78, EnExitStageLeft, SunySydeofLyfe, lamaria211, soonergirl, KiWiStyle, yoli184, 317537, nappytherapy,@ kukaberry I'm 21 weeks post; will be exactly 5 months post on 6/3. My hair is doing well with this stretch. I want to get to 6 months post before I make a decision about whether or not I'm going to relax or continue to stretch. My pixie cut has grown out and I should be full NL by the end of summer.

Yeah, girl...I'm a lurker now. Fully natural with about 4-5 inches of kinky, curly hair that shrinks to about an inch when it dries. I'm still trying to figure it out. I want defined curls without the crunch or slime and I'm going to figure it out if it kills me. I am loving the fresh start...coming up on 1 month since my BC and 11 months since my last relaxer. Going heat free for now until...:)

Hi lady! Do you have pics of your new cut?

I use the Mizani Thermasmooth Smoothguard serum and It's A Ten leave in w/keratin to blow dry my hair on a regular basis. I believe these two products are the keys to my successful stretch, thus far.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

I don't have pictures! I will see if I can get dh to take one tomorrow if I comb my hair! The struggle is real! Im going to try your method. I have the regular its a 10.

I also found a bottle of the original mtg in my daughters closet...the nerve...i'm going to see what kind of growth I can get applying it the next few weeks..I want some box braids but dont want to sit for the process. ...need to do something...im six weeks post and we are planning on going to New Orleans father's day weekend...gots to do something!

I don't have pictures! I will see if I can get dh to take one tomorrow if I comb my hair! The struggle is real! Im going to try your method. I have the regular its a 10. I also found a bottle of the original mtg in my daughters closet...the nerve...i'm going to see what kind of growth I can get applying it the next few weeks..I want some box braids but dont want to sit for the process. ...need to do something...im six weeks post and we are planning on going to New Orleans father's day weekend...gots to do something!

Have fun in NO. That's my hometown:) Will be there for 4th of July. Let me know how you like the It's a 10 with the Mizani.

I'm getting two strand twists extensions next week. It's definitely worth the time. Watch movies and YT.

Have fun in NO. That's my hometown:) Will be there for 4th of July. Let me know how you like the It's a 10 with the Mizani.

I'm getting two strand twists extensions next week. It's definitely worth the time. Watch movies and YT.

Will do! Give me a few places to eat! Im thinking but my patience is low..lol..

I found megatek. We shall see!

I will be relaxing at 13 weeks this Friday. Anyone relaxing this week or next week?

I'm going to try to stretch to 15 weeks after this TU.

Hi ladies! :)

I texlaxed my virgin hair on 4/1 and I don't plan to texlax again until August. I feel like I've been making mistakes in my relaxed state already. I don't wash and DC weekly. I also feel like I'm doing too much manipulation braiding my hair at night for braidouts. When I tried doing braidout sets, my hair has too much shrinkage. I'll try to figure something out though.

I have been using my Infusium to do the braidouts though. I'm hoping the extra protein will help in the long run.

I think I'm about 12 weeks going on 13. I'm planning on relaxing week after next, then trimming and half wigging for the summer.

Last edited:
Due to a setback brought on by excessive protein use, I had to cut my hair. I'm wearing a partial sew in while I grow it out. I have to relax more often due to an unruly section of hair in my nape. So instead of my 12-16 week stretches, which as my hair grew longer caused breakage. I'll be getting relaxers every 8 - 10 weeks. In fact I got one today.

I will wash my hair in 2 weeks. And then go to the salon 2 weeks later. Hopefully with a few summer trims and babying my hair i can stop the partial sew ins by Fall.

I need a relaxed hair buddy! Lol

Hi ladies! :)

I texlaxed my virgin hair on 4/1 and I don't plan to texlax again until August. I feel like I've been making mistakes in my relaxed state already. I don't wash and DC weekly. I also feel like I'm doing too much manipulation braiding my hair at night for braidouts. When I tried doing braidout sets, my hair has too much shrinkage. I'll try to figure something out though.

I have been using my Infusium to do the braidouts though. I'm hoping the extra protein will help in the long run.

@JessieLeleB @MzSwift, hey ladies, you can be my buddy. I don't know where my other 2 partners are @honeybee @Morrighan ladies what happening on your side? @MzSwift, i relax again in August at which time i'll be about 18-20 weeks post. I'll be 8 weeks post on Saturday. @JessieLeleB what are your hair plans and how many weeks post are you?

Last edited:
Hi ladies! Everyone has been MIA. We need to catch up. What are your hair plans for the summer? Anyone recently relaxed or have any news they want to share.
Cattypus1,shortdub78, EnExitStageLeft, SunySydeofLyfe, lamaria211, soonergirl,
KiWiStyle, yoli184, 317537, nappytherapy,@ kukaberry

I'm 21 weeks post; will be exactly 5 months post on 6/3. My hair is doing well with this stretch. I want to get to 6 months post before I make a decision about whether or not I'm going to relax or continue to stretch. My pixie cut has grown out and I should be full NL by the end of summer.

Hey ladies! Been lurking and on the other boards. My hair has been doing nicely so far. It is growing out of that crappy haircut, so I should be back to full SL by the end of the year. I have been using a lot of heat and using a comb! But I wash and dc every few days, and I use leave ins and heat protectant. I have been using no lye relaxer too.

amazing hair...im so jelouse:drunk:
Yoli84, what are you jealous of dear? My mind is telling me my siggy pic, but thats not me dear; it's just were i aspire to be whilst on this hair journey thing. I have about 2 years to accomplish all that, that's if i ever will.

MzSwift, too much manipulation can cause issues. Maybe look for another signature style that doesn't require so much manipulation. Careful with the protein. I don't want you to overdue it.

back2relaxed, sorry about the setback.I'm sure you'll bounce back in no time.

divachyk

Thanks lady! That's what I'm afraid of.
I think I'll rock wigs for the summer starting this weekend - after I wash out this flat iron. That's what got me where I am. I'll take a pass the weekend of the 4th. I'm going to the beach and I don't want to rock a wig there.

I dunno why I'm slacking, I definitely know better. smh *goes to the corner*

MzSwift, flexi rods are my new bff. Have you ever tried those?

Honestly, I wouldn't want to rock anything other than a wig, a bun or some pinned up style while at the beach. Flexis & roller sets wouldn't be on my beach hair list whatsoever unless of course you're not actually planning to walk along the beach and/or get in the water.

They're on my list of things to try. I'll have to keep an eye on your posts to see some of your styles.

No ma'am, I'm going to beach to sunbathe and look pretty. I want my hair to blow in the breeze (I've PS'D for 4 years, straight) so my milkshake can bring all the boys to yard. LoL

I'm going back to the wig afterwards.

I need a buddy. :yep:

How many weeks post are you right now?
6 weeks

How long are you stretching?
12? But it depends on how my hair feels.

Any other info?
The bottom portion of my hair is underprocessed (for me).

Buds, I'm tired of all this newgrowth. If I can find the time, I'm relaxing this Friday instead of waiting until 4th of July weekend.

Think I'll be 18 weeks post. Good enough for me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using LHCF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back