2014 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobwright

PrettyinPink001 divachyk, Luprisi, baddison, DominicanBrazilian82, Nix08, Cherry89, Jobwright, Saludable84, pre_medicalrulz I haven't checked in for a minute but I am still here. I am at 5 weeks post now. Question: when you wash/cowash, do you detangle all the way to the root, wet, damp or dry, and with what? I am in a pickle trying to decide if I will texlax or keep going bone straight when I relax again in August...but I gotta figure out how to tame this new growth if I am even gonna make it to August. Revelation...I had wore a braid out over the holiday and my son said my hair looked thin. NOT what I wanted to hear! I think it is either because of the bone straight relaxers making my already fine hair appear finer, the JBCO making my hair ultra oily and appear finer (but it makes my hair soooooo soft), or bad ends that I don't want to cut off. Lost... But anyway, back to the question, what to do about the new growth not getting dry and tangled?

sunnieb

Jobwright glad to see you are back! When I wash/cowash, I detangle down to the roots. That's the only time I can get through my newgrowth to detangle that deep.

divachyk I'm almost contemplating cutting back to straight BSL just to have that perfect hemline. :look: But bunning is keeping that temptation at bay. My ends aren't horribly uneven, but they aren't perfect like I want. :ohwell:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Jobwright glad to see you are back! When I wash/cowash, I detangle down to the roots. That's the only time I can get through my newgrowth to detangle that deep. divachyk I'm almost contemplating cutting back to straight BSL just to have that perfect hemline. :look: But bunning is keeping that temptation at bay. My ends aren't horribly uneven, but they aren't perfect like I want. :ohwell:

I need to learn how to French braid though. Buns are the enemy :lol:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Saludable84, my hair gains moisture when it's braided. It doesn't do that when it's bunned. I guess the hairs intertwined together is magical is some crazy way.

SunySydeofLyfe

I need to learn how to French braid though. Buns are the enemy :lol:

How I learned...make your part for the entire length of the braid. .then section off a small piece where you want the braid to start...start plaiting/three strand twisting that section after plaiting twice begin picking up small sections of hair into each three piece section. Hope that makes sense! Good luck! !

cassie712

Hi buddies I just took Braid's out. I will relax this weekend,I want to do a roller set what's best to use ? Last set was dry and frizzy!! I need products with no alcohol

cassie712

Hi buddies I didn't relaxed just washed/conditions \ORS shampoo/condition then I mixed ORS moisture/lotion with wrap mousse then roller set under dryer came out perfectly best roller set ever

Sent from my Nexus 7 using LHCF

Rozlewis

cassie712
emada

Hey Buddies. How have you been? What's happening with that mane? I am 14 weeks post and the struggle is real for real. I am stretching till 18 weeks which is my longest stretch ever. I am learning how to handle this head of mine.

How many weeks post are you? When do you plan to relax? How are you maintaining and styling your hair? Any tips for me?

cassie712

cassie712
emada

Hey Buddies. How have you been? What's happening with that mane? I am 14 weeks post and the struggle is real for real. I am stretching till 18 weeks which is my longest stretch ever. I am learning how to handle this head of mine.

How many weeks post are you? When do you plan to relax? How are you maintaining and styling your hair? Any tips for me?

My last relaxer was may the tenth/I have a lot of new growth/ I have cut a lot too/the protein I did in march was too much for my hair/been breaking sense/I wash/condi then braided it until the weekend/wash/condi/cut then roller set

emada

Hey Rozlewis and cassie712

I'm about 3, going on 4 weeks post and I already got new growth in my crown! My last stretch was about 14 weeks and I usually try to keep around that so I'm aiming for the end of September. I trimmed my hair into a bob so it took off some length but I'm really liking the style. My ends feel great and I can wear it out if I want.

I've never gone as long as 18 weeks but from the looks of your hair, you're doing a great job! I know for me moisturizing and low manipulation is key. I'm excited to try Annabelle's perfect blends, it seems like it's doing a great job keeping your new growth moisturized :yep:

Rozlewis

My last relaxer was may the tenth/I have a lot of new growth/ I have cut a lot too/the protein I did in march was too much for my hair/been breaking sense/I wash/condi then braided it until the weekend/wash/condi/cut then roller set

I'm about 3, going on 4 weeks post and I already got new growth in my crown! My last stretch was about 14 weeks and I usually try to keep around that so I'm aiming for the end of September. I trimmed my hair into a bob so it took off some length but I'm really liking the style. My ends feel great and I can wear it out if I want.

I've never gone as long as 18 weeks but from the looks of your hair, you're doing a great job! I know for me moisturizing and low manipulation is key. I'm excited to try Annabelle's perfect blends, it seems like it's doing a great job keeping your new growth moisturized :yep:

cassie712

What type of protein treatment did you do in March? Was it your first time using that protein? What have you tried to control the breakage?

emada

14 weeks is a good stretch. I am stretching till 18 weeks because I only want to get 3 relaxers per year and I want my last relaxer to be right before Christmas. We'll see how this stretch goes. You have topmost some pics of your bob. I would love to see it. You have to tell me how you like APB. It is super duper moisturizing.

Evolving78

maybe the week before that?:look:

i don' think i will make it to Aug. maybe Aug 1st. that is really pushing it. i am not trying to cause any breakage that i can avoid. i am going to wash it this evening if i get a chance. if not, i will wash it tomorrow. i don't like getting to the point where i have to comb and detangle my hair in sections and it takes more than 10 mins to detangle.

cassie712

ORS mayo and yes it was my first time and I didn't condition good after my hair was hard dry and brittle/my hair did not like it at all/plus Shea butter had protein in it so that didn't help

xu93texas

i don' think i will make it to Aug. maybe Aug 1st. that is really pushing it. i am not trying to cause any breakage that i can avoid. i am going to wash it this evening if i get a chance. if not, i will wash it tomorrow. i don't like getting to the point where i have to comb and detangle my hair in sections and it takes more than 10 mins to detangle.

How many weeks post are you currently? I just relaxed on 7/6.

naija24

Ending this stretch/transition at 22 weeks tomorrow. I miss cowashing my hair how and when I want. I miss free strands. And it's cheaper than weave. I also don't think I want heat damage.

I'm gonna get a protein treatment post touch up and buy some Vaseline to heavy seal my ends.

baddison

natural for good
@Jobwright, @PrettyinPink001 @Luprisi, @baddison, @DominicanBrazilian82, @Nix08, @Cherry89, @Jobwright, @Saludable84, @pre_medicalrulz Hi buds, how are y'all hanging? I'm 1 week post and all is well. I sent my strands in for Komaza analysis earlier this week. I'm sure results will take up to a month but keep y'all posted.

divachyk - still here hanging with y'all and enjoying all your beautiful heads of hair. I'm 7months post an going strong in this transition. Gonna hide it up in braids for a few weeks. That's what I always resort to, when I'm tired doing my hair daily.:yep::yep:

emada

cassie712

What type of protein treatment did you do in March? Was it your first time using that protein? What have you tried to control the breakage?

emada

14 weeks is a good stretch. I am stretching till 18 weeks because I only want to get 3 relaxers per year and I want my last relaxer to be right before Christmas. We'll see how this stretch goes. You have topmost some pics of your bob. I would love to see it. You have to tell me how you like APB. It is super duper moisturizing.

Yes yes! I'm trying to get a good pic I'm satisfied with :lol:

I'm excited for APB, my order is scheduled to arrive today.

Jobwright

Jobwright, PrettyinPink001 Luprisi, baddison, DominicanBrazilian82, Nix08, Cherry89, Jobwright, Saludable84, pre_medicalrulz Hi buds, how are y'all hanging? I'm 1 week post and all is well. I sent my strands in for Komaza analysis earlier this week. I'm sure results will take up to a month but keep y'all posted.
At 7 weeks. This is when it starts getting tricky. Gotta get some super duper non sticky moisturizing going ASAP! Headed to Sally's now. Any suggestions before I blow a paycheck?

Jobwright

Didn't make it to Sally's. Decided to oil my scalp and new growth, put a baggy and scarf on. Hopefully this will make my wash tomorrow a little more tolerable. We shall see.

sunnieb

@Jobwright, @PrettyinPink001 @Luprisi, @baddison, @DominicanBrazilian82, @Nix08, @Cherry89, @Jobwright, @Saludable84, @pre_medicalrulz Hi buds, how are y'all hanging? I'm 1 week post and all is well. I sent my strands in for Komaza analysis earlier this week. I'm sure results will take up to a month but keep y'all posted.

divachyk I'm light weight offended that you forgot me!!! :lachen:

I've been meaning to come in here and check in so thanks for the bump.

I'm getting hair lazy again and I'm trying to fight it. I didn't dc at all last week, and I've been leaning heavily on WEN cowashes to get me through. I'm going to be traveling on and off for work so I've GOT to buckle down and dc with Motions CPR this week. Also need to clarify from all the cowashing.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
divachyk I'm light weight offended that you forgot me!!! :lachen:

I've been meaning to come in here and check in so thanks for the bump.

I'm getting hair lazy again and I'm trying to fight it. I didn't dc at all last week, and I've been leaning heavily on WEN cowashes to get me through. I'm going to be traveling on and off for work so I've GOT to buckle down and dc with Motions CPR this week. Also need to clarify from all the cowashing.

Dang, busted sunnieb. I cheat...so, I take whoever's post I can find that has quoted all of our names and re-quote everyone's name from there in my post. I somehow much have missed you. I sawwy. Never intentional. :kiss:

KhandiB

I am relaxing this weekend … Even though I’m not sure I should

I don’t like the state of my hair, I feel like I over processed it last year when I tried to color it.

Ive noticed some breakage, and when my hair dries, if I don’t L.O.C. it, it dries in like 10 minutes (except the roots)

My last relaxer didn’t take, AT ALL and that was at 8 weeks, I cant even remember how long ago that was, life has been hectic.

I believe I am about 16 weeks .. My New Growth is ridiculous right now, I will take pics later, I have been cowashing with Organics Hair Mayo, been working great.

sunnieb

divachyk - fighting hair laziness - again!

I cowashed twice this week and NO dc! :( My schedule has been crazy, but that's no excuse. I gotta do better.

What 'cha up to?

Status
Not open for further replies.