2015 Coffee,Tea,ACV,AVJ,Ayurvedic, Powders/Clay, Challenge

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Thanks for the bamboo remind! Steeping some now. I find it extremely relaxing. I will also brew some with rosemary for my weekly rinse.

Prepoo now with ssi lemongrass tonic. Will clarify tomorrow then follow with the above tea rinse and a mixed paste of ssi okra recon mixed with indigo. Leaving on at least 30 min.

felic1

I bought some of that reformulated SM purification mask that looks like a jar of whipped coconut oil. It has the clay in it but not to my eye. I mixed up some rhassoul with ACV and mixed it into my hair with the SM mask and went under the dryer for a treatment. I am about to comb and braid it for work tomorrow.

Holla4mom

First time posting in this challenge:) I did a clay wash today. My mixture was bentonite, slippery elm, sage, and milk powder. As always, it helps my curl definition so much and makes my hair feel strong. I plan to grind some horsetail, nettle and burdock root to add to it next time.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
First time posting in this challenge:) I did a clay wash today. My mixture was bentonite, slippery elm, sage, and milk powder. As always, it helps my curl definition so much and makes my hair feel strong. I plan to grind some horsetail, nettle and burdock root to add to it next time.

@Holla4mom

I take this as you are joining us for the remainder of 2015?

If so, welcome.:welcome:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Pulled out my last Tea Blend for Saturday's Wash Day.

Should brew something? Lemme see.

Maybe Pure Green and some Hibiscus? Or..... Green, Slippery Elm & Marshmallow? Or Green & Moringa?

I love using Moringa Tea in the Summa':sunshine:

GGsKin

My clay wash today consisted of water, coconut milk (haven't used in my clay mix in a while and had some left over), rhassoul, calcium bentonite, ACV and silk amino acids.

I've left the SSAs out of my last few washes (initally I used protein and didn't want to chance an overload) but I think I was being too careful. I am happy to be adding them again:yep:.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
My clay wash today consisted of water, coconut milk (haven't used in my clay mix in a while and had some left over), rhassoul, calcium bentonite, ACV and silk amino acids.

I've left the SSAs out of my last few washes (initally I used protein and didn't want to chance an overload) but I think I was being too careful. I am happy to be adding them again:yep:.

@AbsyBlvd
This sounds really good!:lick:

GGsKin

@AbsyBlvd
I'll hafta' pick up a can or two of Coconut Milk. I tried Coconut Water a couple times as a Rinse.

How did you find it? I always end up drinking it all before I am tempted to try a rinse or something.

In my mind, the coconut milk is like my lazy 'protein' stop gap (I couldn't be bothered to use conditioner today) but it's also super moisturising for my hair.

ms.blue

I used ayurnatural cassia treatment (old) today and my hair felt fantastic. I'm truly sad that the company is now defunct. I remembered that I preferred using this over the regular cassia obovata treatment. Is there a company that sells a similar treatment (with the added powder along with cassia obovata )?

jbwphoto1

Rinsed out my nupur henna this morning after sleeping in it. I mixed about 1/2 cup of Bobeam Stimulate Condish and wash out was almost effortless. The mix of the two left my hair very soft. I haven't been caring for the Bobeam condish much, so this may be where I use it up.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Rinsed out my nupur henna this morning after sleeping in it. I mixed about 1/2 cup of Bobeam Stimulate Condish and wash out was almost effortless. The mix of the two left my hair very soft. I haven't been caring for the Bobeam condish much, so this may be where I use it up.

@jbwphoto1

Good Plan!:yep:

Interesting because this DC'er usually gets 'rave' reviews.

I bought the one 'Stimulate' (Peppermint), but ended up swapping (or selling it), because at the time Peppermint was irritating my scalp.

I have BoBeam's Coconut (Limited Edition) DC'er

Leo24Rule

jbwphoto1

So I'm trying to get all of my teas so I can have different kinds of hair rinses like found on this article:
http://relaxedhairhealth.blogspot.com/2012/07/how-tea-rinses-stimulate-growth-nourish.html

I just need:
Burdock
Marshmallow Root
Saw Palmento
Rosehip
Catnip
Fennel

I wish I could find at a health food store. I have yet to look at Sprouts/Whole Foods. I really don't want to purchase online, but if I do where are ya'll ordering from?

@Leo24Rule, check Vitacost for your teas. They have a large selection and once you sign up for their emails, you get a lot of discounts.

CodeRed

Add aloe vera juice and dulse to my clay face mask (calcium bentonite clay, amla and tumeric powders with lemon juice and apple cider vinegar) and made a liquidy mask. Poured it over my head and I'm waiting for it to dry now.

Last edited:

CodeRed

Add aloe vera juice and dulse to my clay face mask (calcium bentonite clay, amla and tumeric powders with lemon juice and apple cider vinegar) and made a liquidy mask. Poured it over my head and I'm waiting for it to dry now.

I really liked this. I made it a lot thinner this time and it took 3 hours instead of 7 to dry on my scalp (hair didn't completely dry but that was fine). I rinsed in the shower and it got most of it out and I only had to do 1 co-washing and it was mostly clean also... The one temple where I keep thinking I'm getting thin looks filled in. Odd. Maybe the hair shafts are just finer in that area and this is a good volumizer. Or maybe I'm just crazy and not actually losing hair :lol:

Now that I got it to dry faster I plan on getting back to doing this once a month. I started in December and was going to do it once a month but didn't want to wait the 7 hours.

CodeRed

I really liked this. I made it a lot thinner this time and it took 3 hours instead of 7 to dry on my scalp (hair didn't completely dry but that was fine). I rinsed in the shower and it got most of it out and I only had to do 1 co-washing and it was mostly clean also... The one temple where I keep thinking I'm getting thin looks filled in. Odd. Maybe the hair shafts are just finer in that area and this is a good volumizer. Or maybe I'm just crazy and not actually losing hair :lol:

Now that I got it to dry faster I plan on getting back to doing this once a month. I started in December and was going to do it once a month but didn't want to wait the 7 hours.

Ok... changing again :lol: My hair is really, really dry... I'll probably only do this every few months with a relaxer to help clarify everything. I do repeat deep conditioning after relaxers anyway so it shouldn't be a problem.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Pure Green & Moringa Tea Mix

Will also use ST'icals Kink Drink (that has a lot of Herbs, Teas & Flowers)

Will use: Koils By Nature ACV Rinse (Spritz) as a Final Rinse

Last edited:

imaginary

Finally got around to doing my hair after way too long. Forgot to do my coffee rinse so I mixed some coffee oil into my overnight DC and then did my cold water acv rinse at the end as usual.