2016 Hair Growth & Weight Loss (july-dec)

Beany

I have not been working out as I should. Work is/has been draining me. I am sticking to the diet though. I know I would get better results if I could work out more though.

Aggie

This afternoon I used Netwurks 21 on my scalp, moisturized and sealed with DB Sweet Cocoa Beans Hair Whip. Tonight to inverted for 5 minutes, no massage, no oil.

Aggie

Already sprayed Netwurks 21 on my scalp and Inversion completed for today - Day 6 complete.

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
Hey, Ladies. I know I've been MIA in this thread but it's because the weight loss part is not going well. I'm holding steady at 220 :cry3:because of ongoing medical problems (and I'm tired of calorie counting!) I'm down, but not out, though! My hair is thriving. I went to a salon for my touch up for texlaxing. She got it straighter than I wanted, but it's still all good. I'm actually enjoying the ease. I go again tomorrow for a much needed trim and rollerset. After that, I'll be rollersetting myself at home and keeping it pinned up in cute buns.
I hope you ladies are doing well!:circle:

Aggie

Hey, Ladies. I know I've been MIA in this thread but it's because the weight loss part is not going well. I'm holding steady at 220 :cry3:because of ongoing medical problems (and I'm tired of calorie counting!) I'm down, but not out, though! My hair is thriving. I went to a salon for my touch up for texlaxing. She got it straighter than I wanted, but it's still all good. I'm actually enjoying the ease. I go again tomorrow for a much needed trim and rollerset. After that, I'll be rollersetting myself at home and keeping it pinned up in cute buns.
I hope you ladies are doing well!:circle:
Keep holding on the best you can and that's all that matters. Good to see you again @HappyAtLast

Aggie

This morning I:

Covered my previously texlaxed hair with a mixture of Affirm Preservo and Chi Silk Infusion

Based my scalp with Blue Magic Castor Oil Grease

Texlaxed with a mixture of Afirm Fiberguard Mild Lye relaxer, Keracare Restorative Mask and Sunflower Oil

Mid-Protein treat with a mixture of Affirm Sustenance and Neutral Silk Protein for 5 minutes

Neutralized with Affirm Neutralizing Shampoo followed by 1 minute of French Stabilizer Plus to further bring down pH - my hair is usually very hard after using the French Stabilizer and I don't know why but it makes my hair feel pretty strong so I keep using it.

Deep Conditioning with a combination of Bekura Cocoa Bark and YAM Nectar for 30 minutes.

Oil Rinsing in the shower with hot Pumpkin Seed Butter (melted)

Detangling with Terrene Fusions Moisturizing Detangling Cream

Leave-In with APB Leave In Conditioner.

BellaRose

Good morning all!
Ok so just weighed myself this morning with no clothes or added hair to add to weight. Home scale (Smart Scale is the brand) is saying 68.7 kg which is converted to 151.45 lbs. I don't use that measurement though. It always measures me lighter. Will see what the pharmacy scale says to confirm.
UPDATE: So I weighed myself this same day at the pharmacy. It said 155.2 lbs- a drop of 0.8lbs

Beany

Today I wore a shirt I have not been able to wear since before I had DS2. I'm supposed to be starting cycle 2 of the 17 day diet, but I think I'm gonna do one more bout of cycle 1 (this will make 3). Hopefully work will slow down so I can workout more. I need to push through the exhaustion and get at least a daily 20 minute HIIT workout in. November I want to start yoga or pilates to tone. Right now though, this FAT gotta go.

I have an appointment with Reniece and Co on friday. She's gonna blow dry and trim these raggedy ends. I ordered more head wraps for the upcoming seasons :cold: I plan to keep my hair roller set and under a wrap for most of fall and winter.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I did a 3 mile walk with dh and the kids yesterday. We walked to the bank and then we did laps at the park. Towards the ends we let the kids play at the splash pad while we cooled down.

Aggie

Overnight last night I Deep Conditioned on dry hair with 4 Bella Naturale' Cocoavonana mixed with Terrene Fusions Ultra Rich Mango Deep Conditioner.

Today I :

Added a pre poo oil on top of my DC and allow it to sit for 20 minutes before detangling and washing it out
Shampooed with Jason Naturals Thin to Thick Shampoo
Quick rinse out with the remainder of the TF URM Deep Conditioner
Leave-in with Bel Nouvo Avocado & Shea Hair Milk.

I also did a demi color on my hair as well, followed with a quick oil rinse to soften, leave-in and bun for the day.:look:

trclemons

Last week was that time of the month, so my week was horrible. I didn't exercise and I ate out a lot, but remained consistent with my ACV, lemon & honey drink each morning.

Aggie

I just completed the first day of my inversions for the month of October using Netwurks 21 on my scalp with a 2 minute massage before inverting.

Beany

I'm going to do a transition day (3 protein shakes), then restart cycle one of the 17 day diet on Monday. I'm loving the results!

eta: I got my hair done on Friday. I got a much needed trim. I'll take this updo down in a week or two.

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
I ordered The Netwurks growth aid and waiting for delivery. I have never used Surge, so this is a new adventure for me.
On fitness, my exercise is limited because of surgery, but I'm still trying to get on track. I've been wanting the Ninja blender for a while and finally got it. I used to make green smoothies until my blender broke over a year ago. I made my first one with the Ninja yesterday. I'm picking up some protein powder to add to them.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I had a great week. I am down 3lbs this week, so that puts me at 165. I intend to lose 3 more lbs next week and I'll be back to my start weight. After that I plan to lose a steady 1.5-2lbs per week until I am at my goal of 135.

trclemons

I haven't exercised in 2 weeks, but I will get back on track next week. The only thing that has been consistent is my daily ACV drink, my weekly weigh ins and my weight. I would like to lose 10 lbs. before Thanksgiving. Lord, help me to help myself!

Beany

I haven't exercised not one day this month. I just can't make the time. My professional like is showing NO signs of slowing down this year and next year will be even busier. I'm gonna have to start working out while I'm at work since I'm here ALL THE DANG TIME it seems (I work at a NPO).

On a happier note, I was able to fit in my old Squeem this weekend. I wanted to wear it for 16 hours while at work (where else would I really be), but I tapped out after 5 hours lol. I wasn't discouraged though. The fact that I can actually fit again is a win for me.

My hair is holding up pretty well in this flat twist up do I got done on 9/30. I wanted to take it down after 2 weeks, but if it still looks good I might keep it in for 3 weeks :look: These are the kind of styles I like, cute and long lasting without me having to wear a wig/weave. I wish I wasn't so style challenged :(

BellaRose

I am taking a break from gym to focus on school. Now i have to be using my exercise videos at home to make up my sessions. I'm really challenging myself to cook everyday. Buying food is expensive and enlarges the waistline. :eat:
Was wearing my hair in large twists then twist out now i rolled it up to protect the ends.

trclemons

This week, I was able to get back on track with my exercise and I worked out 3 days. I have remained consistent with my morning ACV, lemon & honey mix. I saw a YouTube video that said a dash of cayenne pepper helps with weight loss, so I will add cayenne pepper next week and see how it goes.

trclemons

This week, I was able to get back on track with my exercise and I worked out 3 days. I have remained consistent with my morning ACV, lemon & honey mix. I saw a YouTube video that said a dash of cayenne pepper helps with weight loss, so I will add cayenne pepper next week and see how it goes.
I worked out 4 times this week. Also, I added cayenne pepper to my morning drink and I really like it, so I will continue using it. I put on some old jeans and was once again motivated to keep up my weight loss journey.

W04andia

I've fallen off again, but I'm getting back up.
Working out, eating right, keeping my hair put away.
My birthday is looming and I dont wanna look like this anymore.
leggo!

Beany

Still chugging along with the 17 day diet. I had a cheat day this weekend though (tacos).

Took my updo down yesterday and I'm currently DCing under a wrap.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm down another 3lbs! I had a cheat meal earlier (loaded boneless wings from Chili's). I split it with a friend so it was only 700 calories.

I only allow myself one treat/cheat meal per week and it's usually on Sunday if I eat clean Monday through Saturday.

BellaRose

Diet- I'm getting into the grove of cooking daily-2 weeks straight so far. Just need to add vegetables to my diet now.

Exercise- I am using both P90x and FitnessBlender for my workouts. Did FB upper body tabata last Tuesday, P90x lower body and abs on Wednesday and P90x Chest back and Triceps on Friday. Did FB cardio this morning. I also walk to school which is a 25-30 minute walk.

Hair- I realise my attention is not so much on my hair. I washed it and put twists in but I forget to moisturize and seal during the week.

W04andia

Been doing well this week, hoping to carry this progress on through the holidays.
I want to break the pattern of emerging through the other side of the festivities having gained weight. If i can maintain or lose, I will be very happy :)

Aggie

Prepooing this morning with a mixture of HQS The Slip Conditioner mixed with Banyan Botanicals Healthy Hair Oil and AVJ
Shampooing with Redken Color Extend Manetics Shampoo
Protein Treating with a mixture of some leftover Keracare Super Reconstructor and Neutral Protein Filler
Moisture DCing with my small jar APB Ultra Conditioning Souffle...finally :happydance:
Moisturizing with Bel Nouvo Avo & Shea Hair Milk
Plaiting my hair down for my wig. I will be wigging it out for a couple weeks.