2017 Hair Growth And Weight Loss Challenge (jan-dec)

IronButterfly

OK. Still plugging away at this stuff. I go to the gym when I can and concentrate on lifting heavy, but not so heavy I hurt myself. Recently cut my hair due to experimenting with heat (can you say HOLY-DAMAGE in Negan's voice?)--from APL to collarbone-ish--but I'm not mad. Taught myself how to do the deva cut and my curls have never looked...well...like curls! lol And it's really moist for a change. I guess those ends really needed to go.

Aggie

Just completed a full body Les Mills workout a few minutes ago and about to have a cup of protein shake to replenish my muscles:

I really need to order some casein protein to take before bed instead of whey. It stays in the muscles longer while I sleep to do the repair they need.

Last edited:

Aggie

My body is craving a little rest now so I will take a rest day tomorrow from exercise but hit it again on Friday.

I had some baked chicken with mixed veggies, lightly seasoned for lunch today and for my evening snack, I ate a handful of strawberries and blueberries with 2 tbs pumpkin seed. I drank a cup of protein shake and now I'm getting ready for bed. Sooooo tired right now.

faithVA

I rode my bike on the trainer for 1 hour and 20 minutes this morning. I was dripping sweat and a little burned out. I had my swim lesson this evening. I'm hoping something kicks in during the next week and I see some noticeable improvement. But the good news is after two intense workouts and this being my 5th workout of the week I feel really good and most of my pain and soreness is gone. I also weighed in tonight the same as I weighed this morning. That is definitely a good sign. So far I have dropped 3 lbs this week.

I bought a 10 visit pass to the swim club up the street. Tomorrow I will jog in the morning and then do another swim in the evening so I can have Friday as a rest day.

I finally washed my hair tonight since I didn't wash after I did my swim on Monday. I shampooed and conditioned and put it in 5 flat twist. I'm able to twist in about 15 minutes which is a good time. My parts are crazy though. But since I'm swimming tomorrow as well I will need to do it again tomorrow.

I'm going to sleep good tonight.

Hair and weight loss update. Yesterday was a poor eating day for me. But instead of giving up my new motto is "Just keep swimming" ( lol, I liked Finding Nemo). Just gonna pick up and do better today. Also my hair is in big trouble. I used my normal just for me texturizer ( 7/11) and now I have breakage and it feels like hard spaghetti. I'm going to get an olaplex treatment so that I can maintain the hair I have until it can be trimmed to health.I just can't bare another big chop. I'm a lot heavier than I'm comfortable being and I need to be "feelin' myself' a'la Queen Bey to rock a short cut. And I'm not. But I will be!:boxing:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I had one of my wisdom teeth pulled today, so I'll be on a liquid diet for a few days. Hopefully I drop some weight in the process.

Hair update: I did a bkt last week. I washed and straightened my hair again last night. Today I did a search and destroy since it is a beneficial lengthening day. I got 2 new bottles of Yes to Carrots shampoo. I hope my hair responds well to it. When I was relaxed all the Yes To products worked great.

faithVA

I had one of my wisdom teeth pulled today, so I'll be on a liquid diet for a few days. Hopefully I drop some weight in the process.

Hair update: I did a bkt last week. I washed and straightened my hair again last night. Today I did a search and destroy since it is a beneficial lengthening day. I got 2 new bottles of Yes to Carrots shampoo. I hope my hair responds well to it. When I was relaxed all the Yes To products worked great.

:lol: I went to McDonalds right after I got two of my wisdom teeth taken out. Yeah I'm a greedy somebody.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
:lol: I went to McDonalds right after I got two of my wisdom teeth taken out. Yeah I'm a greedy somebody.
oh wow! I ate immediately after I got my tongue pierced, but that was different. Adrenaline was involved. This time my throat is sore and the whole right side of my mouth feels like I got sucker punched. I had mashed potatoes for lunch. That's all I have eaten today. I might make a smoothie later with cashew milk and some fresh fruit.

faithVA

oh wow! I ate immediately after I got my tongue pierced, but that was different. Adrenaline was involved. This time my throat is sore and the whole right side of my mouth feels like I got sucker punched. I had mashed potatoes for lunch. That's all I have eaten today. I might make a smoothie later with cashew milk and some fresh fruit.
:bighug: Feel better soon!

I've never tried their product line. I'll have to pick it up. Are you doing ok with the pain? I've had it done before and it sucked!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I've never tried their product line. I'll have to pick it up. Are you doing ok with the pain? I've had it done before and it sucked!
The pain was the worst yesterday, but after my sis brought my prescriptions it went away. I have a little soreness in my throat, but that's pretty much it. I'm still afraid to eat solid food though.

The pain was the worst yesterday, but after my sis brought my prescriptions it went away. I have a little soreness in my throat, but that's pretty much it. I'm still afraid to eat solid food though.

Do you like ice cream? I saw from the previous post that you drink cashew milk. So Delicious makes a really good cashew milk ice cream. Especially if you like chocolate!

Aggie

Finally getting my wash on today:

Prepooing
with my CPGO (Curly Proverbz Growth Oil) on my scalp and aloe vera juice and grapeseed oil on my strands
Shampooing with Bask & Bloom Gentle Herbal Shampoo
Deep Conditioning with Alikay Naturals Honey and Sage Deep Conditioner
Leave-in Bekura Honey Late

faithVA

Most of my soreness is gone today. :yay: I'm also back on my eating plan. Carbs only for breakfast on my workout days and then fruits, vegetables and protein for the rest of the day. I am hopping to drop another 2 lbs this week. You would think after that hard workout yesterday I would drop some but no dice.

I took down my twist and moisturized with the Mane Choice spray. That should hold me until I wash on Thursday. Nothing else going on with my hair.

NCHairDiva

WAIST LENGTH 2019
I'm on it this week. I will be starting with walking for the next 2 weeks then getting more intense. I will do plain oatmeal for breakfast, a green smoothie for lunch and a very small dinner or salad. I see that I have a lot of back fat going on... My breast have gotten bigger over the last 6mths and my stomach is bigger...SMH I don't know how this happened. I started to work out a few weeks ago and my stomach was hurting a lot daily... I went to the doctor and he said that the muscles in my stomach were ripped and separated after my 8 pregnancies and he believes that's whats causing the pain (Diastasis Recti) This is not uncommon however mines looks to be extreme... He's talking about surgery so that as I get older it wont cause issues. So now I thinking about that seriously...
But until then I want to loose this weight because if I do have the surgery I wont be able to workout for a while and I may gain more weight during recovery... IM GETTING MARRIED NEXT YEAR!!!!! I CANT GO THROUGH THIS RIGHT NOW. So while I can I will be walking and eating better to loose this weight..
If anyone has any suggestions I am so open to hearing it...

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Wow! Great work, everyone. VERY inspiring.

Weight/Fitness:
Little Man went through a lot of changes with some illness and eating habits. He also started a new school schedule. And I started a new work project. All of this has combined to totally threw off my schedule in general, and particular for eating and exercising.

I tried overlapping looking after the 7-year old with exercising (since he's off for the summer), and that resulted in watered down and inconsistent exercising for me.

I don't yet have a plan on how to turn this around, but I have a marathon to run in October, and so I'm going to figure this out. :smile: I'm not discouraged, but the weight gain and lack of exercise is NEW and a setback. I will turn this around, I'm confident. :smile: In the meanwhile, family has been so encouraging and supportive and positive and complimentary. I feel blessed and encouraged.​

Hair:
Hair-wise, I'm gravy:​
  1. I'm moving in the direction of products containing ayurvedic ingredients.
  2. Detangling is now taking ONLY about 35 minutes (versus HOURS and HOURS)!!! So grateful to God!
  3. I like my twist-outs!
  4. I've found a collection of products both my hair and I are loving!
  5. Lastly, I am soooooooo excited about the upcoming things I have on my list to try, such as:
    1. broccoli seed oil (supposedly can act similarly to silicone),
    2. a new styling technique,
    3. a few new-to-me products,
    4. a couple of new tools,
    5. a hair growth supplement,
    6. DIY hair clip ins,
    7. etc.

faithVA

After swimming I was too tired to cook so I hit the grocery store. I bought a few bags of veggies and threw a beef pattie in the pan. Hopefully I will get home earlier tomorrow and cook some greens. Then I will just buy a rotisserie chicken to make it through the week.

I think swimming is more tiring than running or cycling :lol:

Aggie

My 7 day detox that was supposed to start yesterday was an epic fail but it did cut back drastically on what I ate so I don't feel too bad, :lol:. I do plan to cut back again some more today. I don't have exercise planned but I might do something when I get off work later this evening.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I invited dh to the gym last night and he decided to get a membership. Now we can each bring a guest!! No excuses and unlimited gym buddies.

I started an itworks cleanse today too. I can't wait to weigh in on Friday.

I'm thinking about making tacos today and fruit bowls with chile and lime.

Aggie

I did some really heavy gardening after work yesterday and this morning I did an XFA FITNESS YouTube workout called RIPPED ISM. It was just awesome. Loved the burn so much.

ETA:

Came back to post up the workout I did this morning:

Last edited:

faithVA

This morning I did 30 minutes in the pool and a 30 minute run. I'm tired :zzz: I still need to wash my hair and get this chlorine out of it. I need to swim tomorrow as well to get my 3 days of swim in. I will cycle in the morning and swim in the evening. Then Friday I am off :yay:

I ate simply today. I had oatmeal before I worked out and then had turkey bacon and a banana on my way to work. I had rotisserie chicken, spinach and broccoli from Arby's for lunch. I had Steak Seasoned Green Beans and rotisserie chicken for dinner. I need to cook for tomorrow but I'm not feeling it. Maybe I will throw something together in the morning.

I'm ready for this triathlon to be over just so I can work out a little less. I am grateful though that it jump started my working out and I'm much stronger than I was when I started.

Alma Petra

I don't have any exciting updates. I have stopped working out about a month ago. I only walk now, about 40 minutes a day, to and from work, with some additional walking at work. I don't watch what I eat and so I'm still in the same old spot fluctuating between 48 and 49 kg, with of course no aesthetic improvements whatsoever. The funny thing is that I don't even know when I'm going to get back on track lol