April 2017: Hits & Missess

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I still can't figure out what it smells like. I do know that the scent in the jar has faded quite a bit.

Thanks for checking again. They sent me an email to say they are modifying the scent from the original one. I was just curious if that had occurred yet. It seems like a unique product. I'm not going to trial it at $12 for the 2 ounce sample. But I'm glad it did your hair good!

HaveSomeWine

Hit:

1. Reformulated Silicon Mix

- It has a very strong, almost overpowering baby powder scent. I mean the smell was so strong that it completely overpowered my perfume despite me practically bathing myself in the perfume. The scent is still in my hair two days later lol. It is very creamy and instantly detangked my hair. I have never tried the original formulation of silicon mix which seems to be well liked on here, but this version worked well for me.

2. Herbal Essences Shine Conditioner

- It smells good and you need very little to condition your hair.

Miss:

1. Coconut oil

- It smells like vomit and other oils simply work better in my hair. I will not buy this again after my 54 oz. jar runs out.

Last edited:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
HITS
Hairveda's Moist 24/7
Hairveda's Moist PRO
Oyin's Juices & Berries
Jakeala's Sweet Thang Conditioner
Jakeala's Flax Mallow Conditioner
Sarenzo's Quinoa & Bamboo Deep Conditioner
Simplfying my routine

MISS
Jakeala's High Hops Beer Conditioner-completely dried my hair out

ON THE FENCE
Silk Dreams Wheat Germ Conditioner-this has been all over the place for me. I have one more bottle to help me make my decision

vevster

HIT: Design Essentials Curl Enhancing Mousse..... layered over the Almond and Avocado Leave it left me with a really pretty wash and go considering I desperately need a haircut.

Alikay's Sage and Honey deep conditioner is great too. I smooth it on brittle ends and see the change immediately..... if only it didn't smell like..... cloves....

HaveSomeWine

Hit:

1. OGX Lavender Luminescent Platinum Penetrating Oil

I just bought this today at Target and used it as a leave in for my wash and go. I applied it on wet hair, shook my curls, and let my hair air dry throughout the day. I love this. For some reason, serums work so much better on my hair than any other product. I don't know why I try to stray from my beloved silicones. I shampooed with Suave shampoo and conditioned with Silicon Mix for references. My hair just really adores silicones and hates everything else.

ladybee1922

Bentonite clay + water on my hair and scalp for detox last night.

I wanted to start the new month with a detox and decided to try out the bentonite (since its already in my stash for skin care).
It was a little drying, but nothing too serious. I plan on purchasing rhassoul clay with my amazon points since I hear its a softening version that still has the detox properties.

After many years of henna and cassia (from 2009-before my 2014 bc) I decided all the "natural" powders are just not for me. Too messy. Too time consuming.

...But this was simple and a win. I'm glad I gave it a try.
I think you will like the rhassoul clay, I mix it with aloe and my hair always comes out soft, clean and conditioned. To cut down on time I wear it on the go or overnight, that way I rinse and keep it moving! I really hope you like it :)

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I think you will like the rhassoul clay, I mix it with aloe and my hair always comes out soft, clean and conditioned. To cut down on time I wear it on the go or overnight, that way I rinse and keep it moving! I really hope you like it :)

Thanks!
Its on the way!!!! Can't wait.

The Kaolin made my hair soooooo soft. I was actually kind of nervous that it was tooooo soft and almost mushy...and a dull white cast was left behind.

The VERY next day I did a mask with bentonite + kaolin and the stiffness (which was needed) evened things out and no white cast.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Hits:
-APB blueberry cheesecake deep conditioner
-3 row comb from Sally's
- HE honey I'm strong conditioner
- last night's perm rod set

This was the second conditioner I used from her line way back. It was meh to me but another poster loved it, which is why I bought it. I got it in the sub box with it listing Avocado oil really high up. I wish I'd known this before I gave it away, you could have taken it all the way away.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
This was the second conditioner I used from her line way back. It was meh to me but another poster loved it, which is why I bought it. I got it in the sub box with it listing Avocado oil really high up. I wish I'd known this before I gave it away, you could have taken it all the way away.
Dang. I would've happily taken it off of your hands. I just used it for the first time last night. I wish I would've tried it sooner. My hair loves avocado oil. How did your NurCreations dupe come out?

Chromia

Miss: Naturalicious Moroccan Rhassoul 5-in-1 Clay Treatment. :ohwell: It didn't get my hair and scalp clean. Also, it really should be packaged in a jar instead of a bottle. I had to cut the bottle open to get the last 3-4 oz out because I could not squeeze it or shake it out.

Sarenzo Clay Wash was much better. Not the Peppermint & Tea Tree Clay Wash that they're selling now. A couple of years ago they had a plain Clay Wash that was great.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Dang. I would've happily taken it off of your hands. I just used it for the first time last night. I wish I would've tried it sooner. My hair loves avocado oil. How did your NurCreations dupe come out?
Very. Nice.

It probably needs a higher percentage of aloe, but since I'm LoPo, I'm going to keep it where it's at. I tried it on two sections and they were the only areas that did not need Detangling.