April Styles Challenge 2017

Anaisin

I did double mini buns today with a side braid

So cute. I did double buns today too.
IMG_0075.JPG

Next week I'm going to try something like this

YvetteWithJoy

On break
The crimper curlers I ordered arrived today. I took down a small section of my 5-day old puff, water rinsed it, added some old foam I had, and clamped one of the crimpers on it.

Wouldn't stay closed at the top without a band. Dried fast!!!

Crimper was too short for the section, so I placed it close to the bottom since that made it easier to close. Result equals nice definition but puffiness at the top.

I only bought 24 crimper curlers. I'm not so sure that will cover my whole head. Debating whether to try a full set tonight or tomorrow.

I wonder what setting product I should use? I have the CRN style setting stuff and didn't like it for a wash-and-go. Maybe it would work with these crimper curlers? My old foam doesn't seem to be making a strong hold/set.

CrimperCurlerTestSmaller.png

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
The crimper curlers I ordered arrived today. I took down a small section of my 5-day old puff, water rinsed it, added some old foam I had, and clamped one of the crimpers on it.

Crimper was too short for the section, so I placed it close to the bottom since that made it easier to close. Result equals nice definition but puffiness at the top.

I only bought 24 crimper curlers. I'm not so sure that will cover my whole head. Debating whether to try a full set tonight or tomorrow.

I wonder what setting product I should use? I have the CRN style setting stuff and didn't like it for a wash-and-go. Maybe it would work with these crimper curlers? My old foam doesn't seem to be making a strong hold/set.

View attachment 393215
Pretty!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Tomorrow is the last day to submit a style for week 1. You can do more than 1 style a week btw.

Happy styling!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I'm still here! DS2 started a new autism therapy program, and my schedule has been crazy since returning to Dallas.

I'm going to try to do my crimper set today and post by 7 PM tonight, but if I can't, I'll try for next week.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I'm still here! DS2 started a new autism therapy program, and my schedule has been crazy since returning to Dallas.

I'm going to try to do my crimper set today and post by 7 PM tonight, but if I can't, I'll try for next week.
I'm sure it'll be lovely. We are looking forward to it

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
It's wash day for me. I did an overnight coconut oil treatment and I'll do a Therapiste prepoo as well. I gotta strengthen these strands if I'm going to be wearing my hair out more.

I think I will go back to hiding my hair next month... I like to be surprised by my length checks.

Last edited:

Pygmy_puff

View attachment 393215

Did you ever try doing your whole head? I love the way that small section looks, I bet a whole head would be gorgeous on you!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I fiiiiiiiiially attempted the full crimper curler set. I used a spray bottle of water and the new Eden Bodyworks Mousse I purchased (I'm worried it's not going to be effective due to 1 bad review I found after purchasing) and used bands to keep them on.

They are in my head now and too uncomfortable to sleep in. I'll sit for another few hours and hope it dries. If not, I'll have to see if I can get my dryer bonnet over it.

I'll take a photo tomorrow, no matter how it turns out, and submit it as my style for week #2.

2017April08My1stCrimperCurlerSet.jpg

Alma Petra

I fiiiiiiiiially attempted the full crimper curler set. I used a spray bottle of water and the new Eden Bodyworks Mousse I purchased (I'm worried it's not going to be effective due to 1 bad review I found after purchasing) and used bands to keep them on.

They are in my head now and too uncomfortable to sleep in. I'll sit for another few hours and hope it dries. If not, I'll have to see if I can get my dryer bonnet over it.

I'll take a photo tomorrow, no matter how it turns out, and submit it as my style for week #2.

View attachment 394073
Oh hello, beautiful! This is the first time I see a photo of your face. I hope that the style will turn out great!

This challenge is exciting. If I get to do the wng/twist out on Monday, I'll participate me too.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Oh hello, beautiful! This is the first time I see a photo of your face. I hope that the style will turn out great!

This challenge is exciting. If I get to do the wng/twist out on Monday, I'll participate me too.

Aw, thanks, sis! It's not looking too good. :lol: But I just think I need to practice with it and make a few changes. For one, I need to clamp the crimper curlers at the ends of my hair instead of at the roots. Second, it was impossible to get my hooded dryer over them: So in the future I need to apply this early in the morning on damp and not wet hair. Or invest in a standing dryer.

Please do join! This really IS fun. Trying the crimper curlers has me wanting to try my deep wave curlformers! I'm finally getting use out of all the stuff I paid for that otherwise would just be sitting around. :smile: