Black Friday / Cyber Monday Sales - Good, Bad, and Ugly Buying Experiences

BEAUTYU2U

Got mine from Oyin Handmade.

It is set to be delivered tomorrow. :yep:

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
@uofmpanther, are you pleased with Curlkit? OT a bit, I'm not so pleased with my Essence box. They had the nerve to send Suave body lotion in this month's box.
I don't order the actual subscription anymore because the samples are not big enough for my hair. I do like the curlkit shop though. Whenever she has a sale, I can try something I saw in a YouTube video or stock up on staples like oyin hair Dew and camille rose for deep discount. Day before black Friday, she did 40% off, then she did 45% off on black Friday. That's on top of whatever discount price she was already selling the products for.

Only time I regretted not having the subscription is when they did the shea moisture jbco takeover box.

BEAUTYU2U

It is set to be delivered tomorrow. :yep:

Received :bdance:

That shipping so fast. Everything looks high quality ... I'm thinking of ordering my little cousin some Burnt Sugar Pomade for Christmas. I have to wash my hair tonight, don't let these products mess around and be excellent. I'll be a lifetimer.

naturalyogini

@naturalyogini

When I escalated my PayPal Dispute, (after ignoring numerous emails), they sent the products and when they arrived I listed them on the Exchange Forum and they sold right away (like in minutes from listing them).

However, in the middle of all of this, PayPal refunded my money in the process.
Paypal escalated the claim on their own, after I sent another e-mail to the seller.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
The good:
I actually decided to participate in Black Friday shopping for hair products. Had 2 companies on my radar: Bee Mine & Shescentit.

The Bad:
Woke up too late to catch the 40% off sale from Bee Mine...think it was like a 2 hour window doorbuster or something like that. Oh well....I surely did want to snatch 1...or 3 :look: of these yummy deep conditioners.

I did order some Shescentit stuff.

The UGLY:
My discount was like $18 with shipping almost $8. :eek: My hair betta be doing back flips when I put these products on. :lachen:

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
The Good: I didn't go in the deep end and buy too much stuff. *Pats back*

The Bad: I could not order from Hattache due to error messages I kept receiving. Komaza only having a 20% off purchases but with a $50 minimum :rolleyes: I really wanted to re-up on the protein strengthener but oh well.

The Ugly: Some of these vendors I had to skip due to their high arse shipping. Like charging $11.25 for only one item smh, come on now.

Nina_deF

I FINALLY decided to try Camille Rose. Since the only place to get it in Europe is a UK store that does not deliver outside of the UK I went to the Camille Rose online shop.

I ordered 1 milk and 1 curl maker. With the discount it came to $28. Which is good.

But after filling out an account and getting my credit card ready to shop, I glance down to see that the shipping is $50!!!!!!!!!!

After I screamed, fainted, ripped my hair out and burned my bra I am still seething. Sssssoooo unfAIR!

sikora

I ordered from My Honey Child on Friday morning and got a shipping notification today. It shipped priority so it should arrive in 2-3 days.

jamaica68

The Good - Bee Mine 40% off sale from 6:00 - 8:00 yesterday.
The Bad - The cost of shipping was almost more than the darn discount.
The Ugly - Although I was in desperate need of her DC's I had the willpower to hold off and I did not pull the trigger on the purchase. I almost broke out in a ugly cry.

@Rozlewis Hattache sells Bee Mine products and have a 20% off cyber monday sale

Rozlewis

@lulu97

I was stalking that Bee Mine website like a true junkie and had my cart locked and loaded to hit that payment button at 6:00 sharp. However, the darn shipping was like $15.00 which ate up the 40% discount. I backed out but I was so disappointed. The total price for 4 products without the discount was $94.00. The discount took it down to $57.00 (winning). After adding shipping the price went back up to $73.00 (losing).

Can somebody tell me why her shipping is so darn high?

PJaye

@lulu97

I was stalking that Bee Mine website like a true junkie and had my cart locked and loaded to hit that payment button at 6:00 sharp. However, the darn shipping was like $15.00 which ate up the 40% discount. I backed out but I was so disappointed. The total price for 4 products without the discount was $94.00. The discount took it down to $57.00 (winning). After adding shipping the price went back up to $73.00 (losing).

Can somebody tell me why her shipping is so darn high?

Good grief! I had a similar experience with Bee Mine - added 4 products to my cart when I learned about the sale promotion, regularly checked the time like a thirsty crackhead and checked out at 6:02pm. However, the shipping for my cart was only $8. I wonder how she's calculating the rates.

blackeyes31626

The Good
being able to use coupons on already marked down products(thanks Oyin, Henna Sooq, Coco Curls)
free shipping on all my orders except CRN and it was only 6 dollars

The Bad
My hair is low porosity and I think I bought too many thick creams.

The Ugly

I am so tired and lazy, all these products and I probably still won't do my hair. *sigh*

Last edited:

Rozlewis

Ladies, my shipping was only $8.99 for three 16 oz products, during the 40% off time window. Please note that I'm in Denver, so I'm thinking it would be less expensive, for the ladies on the East Coast.
@flyygirlll2 @Rozlewis @lulu97

@MileHighDiva

I am in Pittsburgh so I am not sure why the shipping was so high. This is not the first time that this has happened. I have not tried to contact the vendor because I have heard others complain of the same thing. I am not sure why the shipping for me is so high. I had 4 x 16 oz. products in my cart.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
@MileHighDiva

I am in Pittsburgh so I am not sure why the shipping was so high. This is not the first time that this has happened. I have not tried to contact the vendor because I have heard others complain of the same thing. I am not sure why the shipping for me is so high. I had 4 x 16 oz. products in my cart.

I wonder if her shipping calculator/software has a glitch?

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Hattache always gives me a free gift with my orders...a nice, usable free gift. Last time, I received a 4oz sample of the BRB Rhassoul DC; this time I was sent a 4oz jar of APB Butta. I'm pleased.

@PJaye This was the first time I ordered through them and I'm very pleased. Got my order today from BF. Love my freebie - Naturalista Cosmetics Moisturizer. It's a vendor I'm not quite familiar with but that's cool by me. I like learning about new vendors.