BSL 2012 Challenge!!!

Will anybody claim BSB instead of BSl at all? just asking, because I wear my bra really low and It will be more MBLish:grin:.
I will be claiming BSB and will move to MBL challenge, my next length check will be end of april!

I'm definitely going to claim bsb instead of bsl because I wear my bra all different ways lol. At least ur shoulder blades is a definite marker.

According to my last "pull" test my longest layers is past BSB. I will claim it and keep moving on till I hit MBL which looks like 2" away.

Will anybody claim BSB instead of BSl at all? just asking, because I wear my bra really low and It will be more MBLish:grin:.
I will be claiming BSB and will move to MBL challenge, my next length check will be end of april!
I'm also going for BSB cuz I have a long torso which means my bras are way too low for my liking and it would take me forever for my hair to reach BSL :lol:.

Yes. In my regimen post I stated that I'm aiming for BSB because I wear my bra at what most people would consider MBL.

I'm definitely going to claim bsb instead of bsl because I wear my bra all different ways lol. At least ur shoulder blades is a definite marker.

I'm also going for BSB cuz I have a long torso which means my bras are way too low for my liking and it would take me forever for my hair to reach BSL :lol:.

Thanks, I am not alone with an BSl=MBL:drunk:

Trimmed my ends. Currently in twists and bun. I plan to keep it that way and buns until the weather gets really warm. I also rinsed my hair black after having color in for months. I love it jet black and I intend on keeping it this way,lol.

i will be claiming BSB. i would be MBL if i wait to hit BSL.

Hey, everyone is doing so great!!!! :grin:

I got an email saying my subscription had elasped so I hadn't tried to log on in a couple wks bc I figured it wouldn't be a quick thing to resub (I've been preoccupied so I usually get on and off really quick to read posts and update any new joiners) But, I'm on here now so I guess it hasn't :perplexed

Welcome to all the new joiners :drunk:, no its definitely not too late to join, many more months left in the year to reach BSL (or BSB). I will update the list shortly and also notate the many GRADUATES!:grin:

As for me, I'm still battling some splits and dry ends. I think I may need to wash and DC weekly as opposed to every other week, especially prob should have been doing it for the wintertime. Also, I'm pretty sure I'm APL:grin: but I won't know for sure until I get my hair professionally straightened next month. Counting down the days, the anxiety is killing me. Not necessarily whether or not I make it (even tho I'd LOVE to make APL for the FIRST TIME EVER IN MY LIFE!) but more concerned that my ends may be extra jacked.

:wave: quick update:
I'm still in my twists and just realized....my last relaxer touch-up was November 19th! This is the longest stretch I've done in my adult life :yay:

Imani said:

I got an email saying my subscription had elasped so I hadn't tried to log on in a couple wks bc I figured it wouldn't be a quick thing to resub (I've been preoccupied so I usually get on and off really quick to read posts and update any new joiners) But, I'm on here now so I guess it hasn't :perplexed

Welcome to all the new joiners :drunk:, no its definitely not too late to join, many more months left in the year to reach BSL (or BSB). I will update the list shortly and also notate the many GRADUATES!:grin:

As for me, I'm still battling some splits and dry ends. I think I may need to wash and DC weekly as opposed to every other week, especially prob should have been doing it for the wintertime. Also, I'm pretty sure I'm APL:grin: but I won't know for sure until I get my hair professionally straightened next month. Counting down the days, the anxiety is killing me. Not necessarily whether or not I make it (even tho I'd LOVE to make APL for the FIRST TIME EVER IN MY LIFE!) but more concerned that my ends may be extra jacked.

Imani you've been missed! Girl take care of those ends in the meantime chica! Have you been wearing your hair out a lot lately or is it just the weather?

Can't wait to see your hair Imani. It's always so pretty.

I feel you on the ends though. I have tried to baby them this year but they don't seem to want to accept my lovin :nono: Just hoping for the best at the end of March. Maybe they just feel worse than they are.

you guysssss, did anyone realize that its getting closer to reveal date?? less then 30 days. i CANNOT wait!!! havent done a length check in 2 months. i doubt i'm a be bsl but i cannot wait to see my hair growth!!!

HHG :):)

you guysssss, did anyone realize that its getting closer to reveal date?? less then 30 days. i CANNOT wait!!! havent done a length check in 2 months. i doubt i'm a be bsl but i cannot wait to see my hair growth!!!

HHG :):)

I am anxious too. I am just trying to reach APL but still anxious. I don't expect to reach APL until June, but I am hoping that I can at least see some progress between January and March.

Let the count down begin.

Got these poetic justice braids put in my head. Live them! (even though I may have lost half the hair on my head in the process).

Pic later.

Hello everyone!

I've been gone for a while and my subscription expiration prompted me to rejoin. I've been going to a stylist and keeping my hair just below APL, so I probably won't make the MBL challenge, so I'm moving in here at the BSL challenge. I think I'll make it if I don't have the post-partum shedding I hear happens to women (pregnant with my first baby! :grin: ). I guess this is an unofficial join since pictures were supposed to be added in January. Here's the required info:

What is your goal date for BSL?
December 2012

What brings you to this challenge/whats your length story? I've always wanted to be BSL since learning about LHCF back in 2007.

Whats your current length?
Just below APL
Relaxed/Natural/Texlaxed/Transitioning?
Relaxed

Whats your reggie/What are you doing to make it to BSL?
Monthly shampoo, blow dry and straighten once per month, KISS, no relaxer until after baby birth (approximately 20 weeks post right now and 32 weeks pregnant), prenatal vitamins, Paul Mitchell Super Skinny line exclusively (with a small amount of Cantu Shea Butter conditioner added). Last trim was my last relaxer. I usually go to a stylist for a relaxer, but I'll be trying again on my own to avoid peer pressure trims from stylist. Hoping to trim once I'm slightly past BSL.

What do you plan to do once you make BSL?
Keep up my regular routine and hopefully move to MBL (though my final goal is BSL and I'll be happy with that). I will possibly transition to natural at that point. That will be something new for me.

Last edited:
I thought the reveal month was march and I was so excited to see it was April. I dont reveal scare me for some reason! lol

I have been lurking in this thread for a while and decided to throw my hat in. I lurked in the APL thread all last year but didin't jump in because I was a hesistant that I would reach my goal. I just took out my weave and was overjoyed to see I am mostly APL. I have attached a couple pictures and I was hoping I could get some feedback on what my current length is i.e. does it look full APL?? Also, how many inches would I need to hit BSL. TIA and HHG Ladies!

July 2012 (a bit of a stretch goal but I'm hoping to at least graze BSL by July)

What brings you to this challenge/whats your length story?
I had a few setbacks last year so still trying to grow out the sections that broke off

APL

Texlaxed

I plan on using sew ins to get to BSL. Wash my braids weekly or biweekly and moisturize and my braids and leave out daily

Swang it:grin: oh and pursue MBL

Okay, here's a starting picture from an unofficial challenge member. I took this yesterday This is my blowdried hair at about 20 weeks post relaxer so I pulled it because of the shrinkage. I'm only a couple inches from BSL.

Attachments

• March 2012 hair.jpg
    March 2012 hair.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 73
belletropjolie said:
I have been lurking in this thread for a while and decided to throw my hat in. I lurked in the APL thread all last year but didin't jump in because I was a hesistant that I would reach my goal. I just took out my weave and was overjoyed to see I am mostly APL. I have attached a couple pictures and I was hoping I could get some feedback on what my current length is i.e. does it look full APL?? Also, how many inches would I need to hit BSL. TIA and HHG Ladies!

July 2012 (a bit of a stretch goal but I'm hoping to at least graze BSL by July)

What brings you to this challenge/whats your length story?
I had a few setbacks last year so still trying to grow out the sections that broke off

APL

Texlaxed

I plan on using sew ins to get to BSL. Wash my braids weekly or biweekly and moisturize and my braids and leave out daily

Swang it:grin: oh and pursue MBL

Can't see any pics....
Or is it attached to ur siggy? If so I'll have to wait to c them on my PC...can't see siggies on my phone. :(

I planned to trim on 20 March, but couldn't wait and cut about a cm all over last night. I'm planning to get back to wigs soon, but for now I'm wearing wng's and braid outs.

I also detangled with a brush or comb for the 2nd time since October. It was sooooo much faster than finger detangling, but I wanted to make sure all my hair was stretched before I trimmed. I had about a quarter size ball of hair in the brush...not bad for 2 months.

Last edited:
Oh my I can't believe I am heading into week 6 with the same braid install, I have redone a few here and there, but I am hanging in there untill the end of the month. I keep telling myself I don't have time to do anything until the 31st. Lies but so far I believe it!

I gave myself a necessary trim. About 1/2" from all my ends. My avatar is the length after I cut it. Im about 3" from BSL so I have high hopes for December.

I thought the reveal month was march and I was so excited to see it was April. I dont reveal scare me for some reason! lol

Me too! That's the only reason I was going to flat iron my hair. Yay, I have more time :lol:. It's a good thing too because I'm seriously lazy these days. I think I'll still do an unofficial check by pulling my hair.

I did a pull test the other day when I blowdried my hair for a dry twistout and it looked the exact same length as my starting pic :ohwell:

It seems like my hair just wants to hang out at an inch or two past BSB and not budge (it was about this length in September '11 too). So I have a theory that BSL/MBL natural might be the relaxed girl's APL. Since I wear my hair down all the time, my natural hair falls right at shoulder level and fall/winter jackets/scarves etc have taken their toll. I trimmed about 2" off my twists mid week, my 1st trim since my BC almost 2 years ago :look:

I'm trying out a new regimen where I'll be doing some serious protective styling for a change and wearing my hair up in a bun or flat twisted under a wig, I'm new to wigs but they're my new obsession. I've transferred all my PJness into new wigs and haven't cared for a product sale in a minute :giggle:

We'll see if I can get past this BSB hump this way :yep:

Hi to all of you.

Im having à little issue : my hair issue not as.strong as last month in my braids under wig .when i touch my conrows to moisturize i have small hairs in my hand. And ithe moistuture goes away faster . WHAT IS GOING ON?
This IS What i changed at This month shampoo: i didnt do proteine treatment,i added leave in..then heat serum.and blow dried (i.lost more hair than last blow dry too) . I then moisturized with.scurl.gel and did not add that tiny amount of shea ... Do you think.its too much i did.with product such as leave in...or my.hair.just.loves protein which i didnt do?

I prepoo'd yesterday with EVOO for a few hours, then I shampooed with Aveda Dry Remedy Shampoo. I DC'd with ORS Replenishing conditioner while I worked out. I rinsed that out, moisturized with Oyin Honey Dew and sealed concentrating on my ends with Oyin Burnt Sugar. I air dried in braids. A few hours later I did twisted bantu knots so I can wear a knot out later today. My hair feels good. I think the back of my hair reached APL finally but I don't know how long that will last when I get my ends dusted the end of this month just in time for the reveal.

Hi to all of you.

Im having à little issue : my hair issue not as.strong as last month in my braids under wig .when i touch my conrows to moisturize i have small hairs in my hand. And ithe moistuture goes away faster . WHAT IS GOING ON?
This IS What i changed at This month shampoo: i didnt do proteine treatment,i added leave in..then heat serum.and blow dried (i.lost more hair than last blow dry too) . I then moisturized with.scurl.gel and did not add that tiny amount of shea ... Do you think.its too much i did.with product such as leave in...or my.hair.just.loves protein which i didnt do?

You probably needed the protein. If that's what you normally do, and that's the only thing you did differently this time, then I'm not sure what else it would be. Especially when you say it doesn't seem to stay moisturized even though you keep moisturizing like usual -- that's usually a protein issue.

Victorian said:
You probably needed the protein. If that's what you normally do, and that's the only thing you did differently this time, then I'm not sure what else it would be. Especially when you say it doesn't seem to stay moisturized even though you keep moisturizing like usual -- that's usually a protein issue.

Thanks so much Victorian. I thought it would be too much once à month but ill do that. As i washed last week should i start everything again This week adding protein or will it ok for me to wait till end if the month for shampoo as Im conrows.under.wig.

coolsista-paris
Personally I would wash again now. You might not want to mess up your style, but if you're already getting breakage and dryness, you don't want to let that go on for weeks before washing it again--it will only get worse.

Once a month is a decent protein schedule for most people -- but it depends on your hair and your regimen.

Straightened my hair over the weekend. I am touching APL right now. With no major setbacks I believe I should make it to BSL by the end of the year. Hopefully sooner.

Back