BSL 2012 Challenge!!!

coolsista-paris

Victorian said:
coolsista-paris
Personally I would wash again now. You might not want to mess up your style, but if you're already getting breakage and dryness, you don't want to let that go on for weeks before washing it again--it will only get worse.

Once a month is a decent protein schedule for most people -- but it depends on your hair and your regimen.

Victorian :i finally shampoo today and did à protein. I wish i.could have taken my time (i wash rushing to.help.hubby prépare the kids for tomorrow and cook dinner ).anyway its ok. I.lost some hair but its not alot .so normal id say. Next time ill take all my time and see the différence .

MzSwift

Well today is family hair day. Since I took care of the boys/men last Sunday, they only need to do a HOT -- they both have locs. My 4-legged boy is getting his water/TTO/Grapeseed oil spray and brush down today. He loves it.

I just convered my braidout puff into cornrows. I plan to keep them in (redoing them weekly) for the next month. My girl's birthday is at the end of April and I think I'm gonna wear my hair out then. It's getting warmer so short wigs will be out in full effect for me.

HHG, ladies! :)

MzSwift

OMG, I just took pix! I'm loving this! It's so true that patience/time is the best way to see progress. Check this out ladies-

12 Mar 10-

11 Mar 12-

12 Mar 10-

11 Mar 12-

Whohoo!
*does the Kid n Play w/the air*

OK, that's my last photo progress check in until June..I think. LoL

mami2010

MzSwift said:
OMG, I just took pix! I'm loving this! It's so true that patience/time is the best way to see progress. Check this out ladies-

12 Mar 10-

11 Mar 12-

12 Mar 10-

11 Mar 12-

Whohoo!
*does the Kid n Play w/the air*

OK, that's my last photo progress check in until June..I think. LoL

Great progress!

coolsista-paris

MzSwift :patience IS the key ...soemthing i didnt have for hair...but Im happy Im making progress too.at last!lol

Youve made great progress by the way.keep on youll be at bsl jn december .

Charla

What is your goal date for BSB?
BSB by December???

What brings you to this challenge/whats your length story?

This will be my first time ever being BSB!

Whats your current length?

SL Natural

Whats your reggie/What are you doing to make it to BSB?
Protective styling, vitamins, ultra low manipulation via C&G, super simple reggie

What do you plan to do once you make BSB?
Stay disciplined and focused on MBL...I'm a bore! I can't too excited until I hit MBL...but we'll see!:grin:

Just had to repost this for my own refocusing session! I've been so distracted lately by the huge variety of info on this board, that I feel like I lost track of my own goals! So this is the only board challenge I'm dedicated to here on out. Love all the other challenges, but just can't wrap my mind around them now. So, BSB 2012, here I come and you betta not fight me on this! :lol:
Can't remember when we we're supposed to check in but I'll find out and keep track.

coolsista-paris

Hi girls. I dont know if Im wrong showing this pic now instead of april but...do you think i could really hit bsl this year or should i change for bsb ? Ive learned better now to focus on those ends but sl to apl was forever !(over à year and more)!

Pic taken last week (happy i got more thickness and seems ive retained that little growth bit...as Im so scared of setbacks Im hesitating about that bsl)

ForumRunner_20120313_083055.jpg

naturalagain2

Hi girls. I dont know if Im wrong showing this pic now instead of april but...do you think i could really hit bsl this year or should i change for bsb ? Ive learned better now to focus on those ends but sl to apl was forever !(over à year and more)!

Pic taken last week (happy i got more thickness and seems ive retained that little growth bit...as Im so scared of setbacks Im hesitating about that bsl)

View attachment 141033

YES! I think you definitely will be able to hit bsl this year!!:yep:

coolsista-paris

naturalagain2 said:
YES! I think you definitely will be able to hit bsl this year!!:yep:

naturalagain2 : ohhhhh thank you for giving me hope . I.cross my fingers not to get any setbacks. Im on à very low manipulation regi . Wig with braids.under. I dont want to mess up. But i really.want to wear my on hair out in summer .

faithVA

View attachment 141033

Your pretty much already BSB and its just March so you should go for BSL.

coolsista-paris

faithVA said:
Your pretty much already BSB and its just March so you should go for BSL.

Silly as i am i dont get where bsb IS exactly .Im gonna check tonight by zooming the picture :)

Last edited:

faithVA

[USER=103105 said:
coolsista-paris[/USER];15478151]Silly as i am i dont get where bsb IS exactly .Im gonna check tonight by zooming the picture :)

Look at your picture, and look at your right side. The bone that is sticking out is your shoulder blade. BSB (below shoulder blade) is at the very bottom of that. You can take your hand and run it down your back to feel where your shoulder blade ends.

manter26

I trimmed my hair again. Once I start, it's hard to stop. I thought about just chopping the back, but I was able to put the scissors down. :look: I watch YTers like fushionofcultures who are able to cut a lot, often and still see a lot of growth... I am not one of those people so I need to cool it.

coolsista-paris

manter26 said:
I trimmed my hair again. Once I start, it's hard to stop. I thought about just chopping the back, but I was able to put the scissors down. :look: I watch YTers like fushionofcultures who are able to cut a lot, often and still see a lot of growth... I am not one of those people so I need to cool it.

manter26 :put those scissors down ! Away from you until the next official trim !lol

CurlsBazillion

Hey ladies checking in, I'm taking a few days off from my wigs. May not go back to them until the fall so I'm bunning right now. I think during the summer I wll baggie under a phony pony.

Trini_Chutney

Peeing in my shower
@Trini_Chutney - OK, I'm going to need your regimen spelled out to a 'T'! That is AMAZING growth retention!!

Thanks @TruMe...honestly I was kinda shocked myself :lol:. Here's my regimen.

Wash- 1x per week with sulfate free shampoo, currently CON argan oil.

DC- 1-2x per week over night with moisturizing conditioner. I do it on dry hair, place a shower cap and then my bonnet. Currently rotating Suave coconut with honey added, organicals deep conditioner, and Kbb luscious locks mask. In the morning I rinse it out and do a WNG or Bun.

Detangle - 1x per week with a wide tooth seamless comb that I got on ebay. When I DC overnight I detangle with my fingers.

Style- WNG/wet but/braidout. Okay so the main thing I've changed is a do a lot more WNG and wet buns. I was doing twistouts all the time before and was having breakage from constant manipulation (I would retwist at night or it would become tangled). I've realized my hair is dense, but my strands are medium, and can't handle all the manipulation I was putting it through. I also do braidouts using products that have some hold, and I get a lot less tangling.

Protein- I've done 3 light treatments over the past two monts with Aphogee 2 min, and Curl Junkie repair me.

Supplements- I take a prenatal with iron every day. I took biotin for about 3 weeks, but I have PCOS and I don't need any extra hair growing on my face! (If you are not a hairy person though it's worth a try).

I also want to add that if you're doing twistouts/braidouts etc. and you notice your hair gets really tangled after the first day, or loses alot of definition...examine what you're using to set your style. When I used products that were oil/butter based my style had no hold which allowed my hair to expand and tangle on itself. Once I started using things like hairveda whipped gelly to set my styles I noticed a huge difference.

And, drink lots of water!!

HTH

Last edited:

SincerelyBeautiful

Checking in!!! This morning I washed, protein treatment, followed by deep conditioning. I also did a length check and found out that Im now APL:grin::grin::grin:. I made my APL goal before its due date in September which means im retaining more than losing which is good. My hair right now is silky and smells delicious:lick:. I think i have about four inches to go to reach BSL which i have until Dec 2012 to reach that goal. Back to PSing and avoiding that thing called HEAT!!!!

iamtan

Even though I dislike protective styles, I decided to do my hair in mini braids which have been in my hair for 4 days now. My hair is super fine and super frizzy but I can't help it. I am 9" in the nape hoping to be at least 10" by the end of April. Dusted my hair at the end of February.

belletropjolie

Apologies, I had try to post pics earlier but seems my computer was acting up

I would appreciate some feedback as to how close to BSL I am. How many inches does it look like I'd need? TIA

Attachments

• IMG_1157.jpg
    IMG_1157.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1169.jpg
    IMG_1169.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 80

Charla

You ladies got some good growth going on up in this thread! Can't wait to see this kind of progress!

Trini_Chutney

Peeing in my shower
Apologies, I had try to post pics earlier but seems my computer was acting up

I would appreciate some feedback as to how close to BSL I am. How many inches does it look like I'd need? TIA

I have never been good guessing at length, but I would say you need about 2 inches? Iono, I suck at that :lachen:. Anyway, point is belletropjolie you look like you'll make it this year with no problem. Your hair looks good :yep: