BSL 2012 Challenge!!!

KurlyNinja

You all are freaking me out. Lol. People with longer hair then me are worried about not making it. Makes me wonder if I will =/

Imani

Imani you've been missed! Girl take care of those ends in the meantime chica! Have you been wearing your hair out a lot lately or is it just the weather?

Yes, I have been wearing my hair out a lot. "Out" being like a twisted out ponytail/puff or something.

But my hair was breaking last summer and I was in plaits under a wig the entire time:ohwell: Sooo, idk:ohwell: I don't think the breakage is that bad since I seem to keep making (slow but steady) progress. So I'm just trying to work on keeping it moisturized and will be DCing more often and playing around w/some different products. I possibly also need to trim/dust more often.

Imani

Can't wait to see your hair Imani. It's always so pretty.

I feel you on the ends though. I have tried to baby them this year but they don't seem to want to accept my lovin :nono: Just hoping for the best at the end of March. Maybe they just feel worse than they are.

If I'm completely honest w/myself I haven't really been babying mine very much:look: My big goal right now is trying to meet in the middle; find ways to wear my hair that I feel are cute/becoming while also maintaining health. When I was grinding for SL, I didn't really care what my hair looked like, I wanted to get there "by any means necessary" no matter how much of a hot mess I looked :lol: But now, I want to enjoy it as well. I've been slacking on the health part tho somewhat so I need to get back focused.

They probably do feel worse than they are. I think being on boards/youtube makes us have these unrealistic expectations for our hair sometimes. You'll get there! Can't wait to see your next length check! I feel like I haven't seen a pic of your hair in ages! Or did I miss an update in the APL challenge??

faithVA

If I'm completely honest w/myself I haven't really been babying mine very much:look: My big goal right now is trying to meet in the middle; find ways to wear my hair that I feel are cute/becoming while also maintaining health. When I was grinding for SL, I didn't really care what my hair looked like, I wanted to get there "by any means necessary" no matter how much of a hot mess I looked :lol: But now, I want to enjoy it as well. I've been slacking on the health part tho somewhat so I need to get back focused.

They probably do feel worse than they are. I think being on boards/youtube makes us have these unrealistic expectations for our hair sometimes. You'll get there! Can't wait to see your next length check! I feel like I haven't seen a pic of your hair in ages! Or did I miss an update in the APL challenge??

I don't take too many pics of my hair out. I don't think I am APL yet. I just hit SL in September. So I am giving myself until June to hit APL. I do wish I had some of the growth rates of some of these ladies :yep:

Because I struggle so much with my ends and dust regularly I am giving myself extra time. I won't straighten my hair until June. I really measure my hair by what I can do with it. And I do anything extra with it yet. I am not feeling very optimistic :lol:

The first round of checks should be quite exciting. :yep:

hair4romheaven

I'm thinking about taking my braids out. On the other hand I want to wait 2 more weeks. Its going to be 12 weeks on sat. I want to post pics but I'm in the hyh challenge. Lol

MsKikiStar

I'm re-twisting the perimeter of my hair tonight. Umm...I really didn't realize how much my roots grew out in the past 5-6 weeks, otherwise I would have done this 2 weeks ago :look:. Not sure when I last applied any color (maybe early November?). Either way I need 2 touch-ups...soon!

Attachments

• IMG_0860.JPG
    IMG_0860.JPG
    216.2 KB · Views: 52

KurlyNinja

I wore a braid out today just to step into humidity. My hair shrunk up something fierce. It looked like I BCd all over again. I think this is why I think my hair is so short. I swear my hair looked two steps away from a fade. Shrinkage is a bi-otch.

winona

^^ I am sooo with you. I did a loose wet bun yesterday and took it down this afternoon to reposition and my hair seemed sooo short but it is only 3 1/2 inches from BSL.

KurlyNinja

winona

From the looks of your avi we look to be about the same length. I don't know how recent your avi is. But how much hang time do you usually get? I know on a good day my hair can look full NL which usually makes me happy. Never thought id be happy about the day my hair looked full NL. :lachen:

winona

KurlyNinja that was my January 2012 starting pic. My hair is about 1/2 shorter because of my scissor happy ways (I have cut 2- 2 1/2in since then). On a good day my hair shrinks to just below ear length if I don't manipulate it. If I manipulate it (twists, wet bun, ect) I might can get a neck length LMBO. The crazy part is the last 5-6inches of my hair has been BKTed. I will admit though I used way less heat and passes than was prescribe but DANG it. I will have to get to MBL just to have shoulder length curly hair:/

ImanAdero

Don't remember if I posted my style.

They aren't so fresh after a week, especially since I've been swimming. But they're still nice enough.

Attachments

• image-320940445.jpg
    image-320940445.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 59

GIJane

Don't remember if I posted my style.

They aren't so fresh after a week, especially since I've been swimming. But they're still nice enough.

ImanAdero Your poetic justice braids look nice. I am still in my box braids (celie style). I am wearing a wig today because they don't look so great. :lol: Anyway good luck ladies!

winona

I snipped my ends while curlformer setting my hair :/ manter26 I believe we have a problem:O No more snipping until official trim in June. I am in love with how fresh cut ends feel.

newbeginnings2010

Had a family member put box plaits in. I'm at the very least 22 weeks post, 33 weeks pregnant and I'm going to try and hold out on relaxing and coloring until I give birth. Then again, with a new baby, who knows when I'll get to that?

Imani

Its really starting to hit me that BSL is ALOT of hair.

Its like a standard/average length on here. But in real life I don't really personally know many black women with BSL hair and my one co worker who does have BSL hair has ALOT of hair, it looks super long (her hair is also very thick).

I feel like I have a good amt of hair right now and I'm barely APL (with layers) and I'm short. I can't even imagine what it would be like to have BSL or MBL hair.

belletropjolie

getting a new weave put in today :) my last weave was kinky straight and a litttle too bulky because i didnt split the weft. really hoping it makes a difference this time

KurlyNinja

Its really starting to hit me that BSL is ALOT of hair.

Its like a standard/average length on here. But in real life I don't really personally know many black women with BSL hair and my one co worker who does have BSL hair has ALOT of hair, it looks super long (her hair is also very thick).

I feel like I have a good amt of hair right now and I'm barely APL (with layers) and I'm short. I can't even imagine what it would be like to have BSL or MBL hair.

I know! I can't wait! *jumps up and down like a little kid* I feel like BSL is when you start entering long hair territory. I can't wait to whip it. I can't wait to flat iron it so I can complain about how long it took. I can't wait for long hair problems. I want it all.

RENIBELL

LADIES!!!!! I MADE BSL!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!
thought i would never get there.its achievable !!! so dont give up

Attachments

• lhcfbsl.JPG
    lhcfbsl.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 109

faithVA

LADIES!!!!! I MADE BSL!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!
thought i would never get there.its achievable !!! so dont give up

Congratulations. That is a lot of hair. Is BSL the same as MBL on you? It also doesn't look like you have far to go to WL.

RENIBELL

Congratulations. That is a lot of hair. Is BSL the same as MBL on you? It also doesn't look like you have far to go to WL.

faithVA
Thank You, it looks like it is, as my Bra is very very Low,probably cause i am breastfeeding right now :perplexed.
I will definately end my hair journey at waist, If i get there.