Classic Length 2010 Challenge Part I

Lita

I have been very negligent with my hair lately, washing without thoroughly de-tangling, and I have had to sleep with it loose a few times due to severe migraines. I finally got around to properly de-tangling today and I lost so much hair; gathered up, it was the size of a baseball, maybe even larger. I think I have just officially joined the ranks of the thin-haired. Or maybe I am going bald. :ohwell:

yamilee21 No I don't think your going bald (maybe because you didn't de-tangle for a while,hairs that was going to shed any-way is now coming out) but if it continues get a complete blood work-up to rule out any thing......

SENDING YOU A HAIR HUG!

Happy Hair Growing!

jupitermoon

yamilee21, I agree with Lita. I would get a blood work up if things don't change. You could be anemic or have a thyroid disorder. Also, you mentioned that you didn't get all of the shed hairs during the past few washing. So it could be an accumulation of all of the old shed hair plus the new. Also, I've read that people tend to shed more during the fall.

Your hair didn't look thin at all in the last set of pictures you posted.

:bighug:

yamilee21

Eh, I'm not too worried... between the pregnancy hormones and the prenatal vitamins, I'm sure there will be a lot of new growth coming along. I was not shedding a lot during the summer at all, and I hadn't detangled thoroughly in a while, so I might have expected it. But thank you, Lita and CelinaStarr for the hair hugs. :D

Spring

:grouphug:

yamilee, I was going to agree with Lita and Celina, so thanks for your last comment! I'm hoping that it's just accumulated shed.

Candy828

Sorry I have been away... problems logging on yet again...:computer: Other than that, I have discovered something. I had been so disappointed in my hairs performance lately.:sad: But since my hair stayed braided all summer, I discovered I needed some extensive S&D. Now that I have cleared away the splits and bad ends. I am pleased. My hair has definitely been filling in the gaps, thickening, and it is pass mid-butt length. It seems like my hair is going through a transition faze.... It was looking wild and shorter, until I cleared away the bad hair. Now it looks wildly thicker with a touch of static and I have to get use to this new amount of hair. It needs to be tamed! I am going to do a deep condition again this weekend...

Lita

Just a little update...Took my braids/twist out...Flat ion

...Have some lead hairs..Lol (in the very center 3inch to be exact)

My hair is getting fuller..I like that!

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

Lita

37 days ago bang was 10 inch

Today 11.6 & the tip is at 12inch...Think a growth spurt

Will update the other 2 later today...

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita

Sorry I have been away... problems logging on yet again...:computer: Other than that, I have discovered something. I had been so disappointed in my hairs performance lately.:sad: But since my hair stayed braided all summer, I discovered I needed some extensive S&D. Now that I have cleared away the splits and bad ends. I am pleased. My hair has definitely been filling in the gaps, thickening, and it is pass mid-butt length. It seems like my hair is going through a transition faze.... It was looking wild and shorter, until I cleared away the bad hair. Now it looks wildly thicker with a touch of static and I have to get use to this new amount of hair. It needs to be tamed! I am going to do a deep condition again this weekend...

Thinks for the update....

Happy Hair Growing!

Candy828

Happy Hair Growing!

Princess Lita - You look to be sooooo close to Classic Length!:spinning: Maybe you make it to the finish line by the December date!:grin:

Lita

Candy828 Thanks! I don't think I'll make it to CL by Dec but,I'll take thicker/fuller hair..
When it grows out some more (will do a good trim) not too much..lol

(Just had a little growth SPURT)

Toy

Happy Hair Growing!

Beautiful Hair!!!!!

yamilee21

Lita Like Candy and CelinaStarr said, you are really getting close to classic length. :D Very nice. And I'm glad to see I am not alone in growing out bangs; I just hope I don't go and cut them again once they catch up to the rest of my hair, :lol:.

NJoy

Here I grow again!

Happy Hair Growing!

No words. Just...:thud:

Lita

Lita Like Candy and CelinaStarr said, you are really getting close to classic length. :D Very nice. And I'm glad to see I am not alone in growing out bangs; I just hope I don't go and cut them again once they catch up to the rest of my hair, :lol:.

yamilee21 Thanks! Just had a little growth spurt.. I think its going to start back growing at its regular slow pace...lol

My bangs (Knowing me I will cut it again)

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita

Lita
amazing your so close to CL I think you'll be there by Dec for sure.

Lucia Thanks! I don't think Ill make to CL by Dec...I have layers and all kinds of hair issues going on..lol
If I ever make it to CL just hope is full CL...

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita

CelinaStarr Thanks...You will make to CL before me & its going to be thick & full..Cant wait to see that..

Toy Thanks...Loving your progress Too! Are you full WL?

Happy Hair Growing!

BostonMaria

Lovin all these progress pictures!!!

My hair has been in a bun for weeks. I don't even want to look at it LOL

HHG!!!

Lita

Lovin all these progress pictures!!!

My hair has been in a bun for weeks. I don't even want to look at it LOL

HHG!!!

BostonMaria!..I understand..After this week back in braids,twists/buns for me..
(What I notice is when i don't pay attention to my hair that's when it grows)

Your hair looks so lush & silky/Very pretty.....

Happy Hair Growing!

Candy828

I just finished another deep condition treatment. I had to give myself a small trim too:ohwell:. I'll wait for December to post a pic, since it is only two months away. Time has flown by. Unfortunately the curve of my butt is big:lachen: Every time I length check it seems I still need 3 or 4 inches to get to the bottom of the curve. But if I just pull my hair straight, I think I need about 2 inches, since I have trimmed my hair twice now... I needed those trims though.:look: My hair was looking wild from all the new growth.:grin:

Candy828

Ok. Yall know I am not a fan of cutting or trimming hair much.... But when you got crunchy and wild bent ends, there is no saving them!:nono: My hair is tame again.:lol:.... much better!:grin:

Dragon_Of_Vaeros

Hi everybody!!! :)

Mz.MoMo's sub expired and she hasnt gotten around to renewing it yet. But in her absence she wanted me to post her Nov updates so that she'll still be active in the challenges while on her hiatus So, here're the pics!