Coffee,Tea,ACV,AVJ & Ayurvedic Challenge 2013

mshoneyfly

Massage and prepoo with brahmi oil on scalp and nubian heritage indian hemp & tamanu masque on length.

Clarify and moisturizing poo. Moringa, lavender and marshmallow root tea with shea moisture deep treatment masque for moisture. I mixed the SM with vo5 free me freesia

Im hoping to stop some of the shedding without causing protein overload. *fingers crossed*

ETA: I finished grinding the lavender flowers and made the tea bag but Im too sleepy to wash my hair :( I'll do it ...tomorrow

Last edited:

mshoneyfly

IDareT'sHair
Its really good stuff but you have to dc with heat on damp hair to get the best out of it. They recommend 45 minutes. I have dc'd with it and lately Ive been moisturizing with it too. I use it with the custard to balance protein and moisture during the week (it has keratin). A little goes a looong way.

Tonight after work Im following the above routine so I will be prepooing for the first time. The jar also recommends it as a leave-in, styling aid and hairdressing!

If you decide to get it I only found it in Walgreens in AA neighborhoods.

HHG!!

justhavingfun

I put tea (black & chamomile mix) then GVP conditioning balm mixed with vitamin e oil and coconut oil on dry hair. Deep conditioned for 2 hours w/o heat before washing out. Spritzed more tea as a leave-in and tried the kimmaytube leave-in for the first time and sealed with my oil mix (hemp seed, avocado, grapeseed, almond oils; fenugreek and marshmallow root extracts). My hair has air-dried and it feels like a cotton ball. :) I hope it is still this way in the morning.

Aggie

Cowashed again this morning with kalpi tone and Aussie Volume conditioner rinse mixture. I like how heavy my hair gets when I use kalpi tone, I really do. Too bad it doesn't last forever, but I like it nonetheless.

I have a few boxes of kalpi tone to finish up and I will be using them this way until they're all done. I need to find a replacement powder that work similarly without having to buy and use a ton of individual powders.

I wonder what would happen if I mix the powder with beer:scratchch

mshoneyfly

Cowashed again this morning with kalpi tone and Aussie Volume conditioner rinse mixture. I like how heavy my hair gets when I use kalpi tone, I really do. Too bad it doesn't last forever, but I like it nonetheless.

I have a few boxes of kalpi tone to finish up and I will be using them this way until they're all done. I need to find a replacement powder that work similarly without having to buy and use a ton of individual powders.

I wonder what would happen if I mix the powder with beer:scratchch

Aggie
If you dont mind ordering online you can get it from butters-n-bars and the indian food store. I checked and I see that the sukesh from henna sooq has pretty much the same ingredients as kalpi tone.

Also, I like the kupur mehendi powder. It also has pretty much the same ingredients. I bought mine from Amazon and it comes in 150 gram packs instead of 100.

Aggie

@Aggie
If you dont mind ordering online you can get it from butters-n-bars and the indian food store. I checked and I see that the sukesh from henna sooq has pretty much the same ingredients as kalpi tone.

Also, I like the kupur mehendi powder. It also has pretty much the same ingredients. I bought mine from Amazon and it comes in 150 gram packs instead of 100.

Girl.... @mshoneyfly, you would not believe what I have just been doing! I was surfing on the Indian Food Store site and found it there for a really great price so most likely I will get it there.

Also thanks for the other sites where I can find a similar product. I will give HennaSooq's site a good look-over as well. I shop on Amazon as well so I will be checking that one out too. Thanks again.

mshoneyfly

Girl.... @mshoneyfly, you would not believe what I have just been doing! I was surfing on the Indian Food Store site and found it there for a really great price so most likely I will get it there.

Also thanks for the other sites where I can find a similar product. I will give HennaSooq's site a good look-over as well. I shop on Amazon as well so I will be checking that one out too. Thanks again.

Aggie
Lol!! Im so glad I could help out :) Now that I know whats in that kalpi tone, I might try that one too. I aways wondered...and now I know. I love LHCF!!

~NanCeBoTwin~

I hope you ladies don't mind if I unofficially join your challenge. I use a mix of brahmi, amla, and maka powders. I steep this mixture and apply as a tea rinse 2 Times a week. I also use amla, brahmi, maka oil mix with AVJ as needed at a minimum of 3 times a week.

Aggie

@Aggie
Lol!! Im so glad I could help out :) Now that I know whats in that kalpi tone, I might try that one too. I aways wondered...and now I know. I love LHCF!!

Wow, after checking out that butters n bars site and comparing the prices to the indian food store prices, whew! they are expensive. I will stick with the indian food store because of the great prices. The shipping is not bad either, especially with free shipping on orders of $89 and above. I will easily order at least that anyway:yep:.

I will get my indigo from either Henna Sooq or mehndiskinart.com. I buy them wholesale on the latter site.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I used a LOT of gel for the first time in over a year. Will see if this experiment will clarify:

-prepoo in the morning with Vatika oil (1 hr)
-Add rhassoul clay to SM PM to see if it removes gel (30m)
-Ayuvedic scalp cleanse and gel removal: shikakai, holy basic and neem powders (15m)
-Tea and oil rinse: oolong, burdock, nettle w/sunflower and olive oils
-DC over the rinse: SM Deep Treatment (30m)
-ACV

I dont want to use a clarifying 'poo for another week or 2. My strands have had it. Hope this works.

Babygrowth

I tea rinsed under my DC on dry hair using Njoi herbal rinse, hibiscus and marshmallow root. My hair was soooo dry and this did the trick. Also used my hairveda acv rinse...

justhavingfun

Prepooed this morning by mixing marshmallow root and fenugreek extract with regular castor oil. Under the dryer now doing a protein treatment then will do dc'ing with black tea rinse underneath.

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Did a tea rinse for my scalp with black tea/neem/roobios. Made my marshmallow root/burdock root/irish moss/yucca root/blue malva tea to mix into my DC and to use as a leave in.

Aggie

I'm giving myself a much needed henna treatment right this minute and will be following it up with indigo and deep conditioning with something Keracare.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I brewed a strong Pot of Columbian Coffee for Tuesday. Will stick it in the Fridge once it cools down.

Not sure what Tea I will be steeping for Tuesday yet..

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Wanted to do a beer rinse today but felt my hair needed to stick with a tried and true regi - used a mixture of burdock, oolong, roobis, bamboo, marshmallow root & slippery elm.