COWASH CHALLENGE 2012 (January 1- March 31, 2012)

Ogoma

Co-washed with Hugo Naturals Coconut Conditioner on Wednesdays, KBN Shealoe Creamy Conditioner on Thursday, and GVP Conditioning Balm on Friday. I will be water rinsing and conditioning with these three conditioners every weekday until they run out.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Cocleansed with Darcy's Cleansing Conditioner

Rinsed Indigo out with Suave Coconut Conditioner

Followed up with a quick Claudie Deep Conditioner cowash

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Nix08

I'm 'intrigued' by a Relaxed-Head daily cowashing. I'm at 2x per week, just following you to see if it is something I might consider daily during the Summer.:grin:

So, I'm watching for your results, etc.....I have a few more months to decide.:look:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I'm bad with posting pics BUT I was daily co washing in the summer and doing dry dc's before the co wash and my hair seemed to do really well:yep:
My last trim was last April and I still have no split ends (I do look for them). I'm not sure if co washing helps with that but I think it does by way of increased moisture (but I also bun most of the time).
Do you air dry? I personally don't think I could co wash so often if I didn't air dry....and for air drying I simply add my BWC LI and some gleau oil and let my hair hang to dry.
I am a 4b with fine hair too ...fyi....

IDareT'sHair

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I'm bad with posting pics BUT I was daily co washing in the summer and doing dry dc's before the co wash and my hair seemed to do really well:yep:
My last trim was last April and I still have no split ends (I do look for them). I'm not sure if co washing helps with that but I think it does by way of increased moisture (but I also bun most of the time).
Do you air dry? I personally don't think I could co wash so often if I didn't air dry....and for air drying I simply add my BWC LI and some gleau oil and let my hair hang to dry.
I am a 4b with fine hair too ...fyi....

@IDareT'sHair

@Nix08

During the Summer at times I will Air Dry. :yep:

Maybe I'll rachet it up to 3x per week, if I can make the time and see what happens.:yep:

Love BWC Leave-In haven't used it in a while but it's a Great Leave-In.:love:

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
Cowashed today and I have noticed my hair being dry by mid day. I think it was the new sample shampoos from eco-emi that made it feel this way, back to the regulars tomorow

Last edited:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Will cowash in a few with Millcreek biotin conditioner and en with prairie naturals SAA conditioner.

Ogoma

Back to almost daily co-washing. Co-washed yesterday with GVP Conditioning Balm and co-washed today with Hugo Naturals Coconut.

bosswitch

So I've recently started alternating cowashing and rinsing my hair with water everyday, sealing with EVOO and bunning. My hair is getting thick (even though I've been seriously slacking on DC'ing and wearing a bonnet)! I'll come back with pics to when I get off my lazy butt to straighten my hair but damn...I'm so surprised! My ends and new growth are soft but not mushy. I've been cowashing with HE HH and Hydralicious.

bosswitch

bosswitch it's amazing what the regular washing does for relaxed hair, isn't it. I was afraid of mushy-ness too:grin:

It's crazy! The only downside to it is that I usually have to keep my hair in a ponytail 25/8 since I wet it so often. But I think it'll be worth it once I do a length check.

Glad to see another canadian on the board :grin:

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Also if my hair is still pretty damp I put on what looks like a 'dread cap' and throughout the night it dries as well...
I do bun most of the time but you could also do 2 bantu knots (on mianly dry hair) on either side of your hair and in the morning when you take it down you have lovely waves:yep:

Ogoma

Cowashed with Trader Joe's Tree Tea Tingle Conditioner.

I like the slip of this conditioner, but I feel like it strips my hair once I rinse it out. I need to find time to sit down with all the conditioners that act like cleansers on my hair and tick off common ingredients. I don't necessarily mind them now I am co-washing daily, but they may not be ideal for week-long moisture.