Do LHCF Members Believe they Can Reach Their Hair Length Goals?

MzOptimistic

I believe that we will reach our goals if we are determined and have patience and also take the time to give our hair a lil TLC...it's proof on here that we can accomplish our goals:) Oh and my goal is midback and I know I will get there:)

Last edited:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I believe it ;) , and I'm only 1in. away from my second goal :D . I actually believe anyone can make it to their desired lengths as long as they know how to properly care for their hair and are consistent it just makes retaining the length easier.

femalegold

I've seen the women up here make the progress. The only thing I've gained was thickness, no length so I don't believe I'll make my dream goal of BSL. I am currently shoulder length and have been for the past year.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Yes, I do! I believed I could get to waist length, and I did! I had to work and take a leap of faith or two, and I reached my goal.

OneInAMillion

I definitely believe it! I think a major part of my problem pre-LHCF was that I just believed that Black women could not grow long hair. I just figured there were a select few that got lucky :lol:. However, I knew that my Mom's hair was always growing, and that when I got a relaxer for the first time, my hair was growing because I needed touch ups. All the crap I was doing to my hair was holding me at shoulder length for so long: Getting blowouts every week and letting my hair rub against my wool coats!

Now, I realize that I can actually retain the length that I gain. I've mad it to APL with little attention to my hair at all, so I know it grows. Now, with extra care, it's gotten thicker and longer in less time. I'm certain I will get to BSL!

FAMUDva

Country gal said:
I got this question yesterday from my co-worker. She wants to know do we really believe that we can reach bra-strap or waist length? I told her we do believe that. I wanted to confirm and see if members really do believe they can reach their hair desires. My co-worker thinks it is all in genetics and that I won't be able to reach bra strap length. I told her I can't measure my hair length by genetics because maybe the women in my family could not take care of their hair. I told her everybody's hair grows but the trick is retaining your length.

Good question... I KNOW that it is possible and I'm hopeful that I will reach my goals, but some days I feel a bit like it will never happen for me. Especially when I view others fotkis.

I guess it's like weight loss for me. When I was 45lbs heavier, I couldn't imagine getting back down to my regular size and it happened. Of course it took patience and dedication and I'm applying the same to my hair goals. :D

MonaLisa

Fran said:
Anything after APL will be ok with me. I believe I can reach that goal by this time next year-I really desire hair that is AT LEAST APL anything more I will accept though. :)

Co-signing...XMona Lisa

breezy

FAMUDva said:
Good question... I KNOW that it is possible and I'm hopeful that I will reach my goals, but some days I feel a bit like it will never happen for me. Especially when I view others fotkis.

I guess it's like weight loss for me. When I was 45lbs heavier, I couldn't imagine getting back down to my regular size and it happened. Of course it took patience and dedication and I'm applying the same to my hair goals. :D

That's a good analogy. Since I lost a bit of weight last year myself, I like to think of it that way too.

H

honey_jammz82

I do, I am not putting any time limits on it..like before I always said I would be waistlength by 2007, but that aint happenin! I get more discouraged when my goal date comes and goes and I have not reached my goals. I have no doubt I will reach my goal though..sooner or later!

mochamadness

Going the Distance
If you would have asked me this question before finding LHCF two years ago, I probably would have agreed w/ your friend. I was stuck between shoulder and armpit length for years, but since finding this board I am a believer. My hair has been completely transformed. I know that its possible for me or anyone else to reach their goals.

MonaLisa

mochamadness said:
If you would have asked me this question before finding LHCF two years ago, I probably would have agreed w/ your friend. I was stuck between shoulder and armpit length for years, but since finding this board I am a believer. My hair has been completely transformed. I know that its possible for me or anyone else to reach their goals.

*running into thread when I saw Mocha's name!!!:D

I swear...I was thisclose to PM'ing you, I'm like where is the pretty haired one?:confused:

I swear you just have the loveliest head of hair. I am just so inspired by you and Babygurl, you have no idea. I'm a hair groupie. :sekret:

Dayum:ohwell:

SpiritJunkie

when i first started i was not sure but I am now seeing my progress. My kids are always saying Mommy your hair is growing.

Absolutely!!!

I've come a loong way from july.

we all can do it.

Babygurl, you are an Inspirtation.

mochamadness

Going the Distance
MonaLisa said:
*running into thread when I saw Mocha's name!!!:D

I swear...I was thisclose to PM'ing you, I'm like where is the pretty haired one?:confused:

I swear you just have the loveliest head of hair. I am just so inspired by you and Babygurl, you have no idea. I'm a hair groupie. :sekret:

Dayum:ohwell:

Aw thanks Mona :kiss: I swear you always brighten my day when I am here, you are such a great source of inspiration, motivation and encouragement and I love ya for that girlie! *sniff, sniff*

MonaLisa

mochamadness said:
Aw thanks Mona :kiss: I swear you always brighten my day when I am here, you are such a great source of inspiration, motivation and encouragement and I love ya for that girlie! *sniff, sniff*

Right back atchu pretty haired wonder :kiss:

I feel confident that I will reach bra-strap. Mid Back, I dont know thinking about the genetics factor and all. Its amazing how much we have learned about hair growth and witnessed everyones amazing progress. If anything, seeing everyone reach their goals give me the motivation and inspiration to reach mine. Thank You ladies :kiss:

Country gal

camellia said:
I absolutely believe it!
My first goal was waist length hair, and I reached that.

My next goal was hipbone length hair, and I also reached that.

Now my goal is classic length, and I don't have a single doubt that I will get there also. Probably within the next two years.

With proper hair care, minimizing heat and damage, no drastic cuts or trims... there's no reason we can't all reach our goals.:)

What is classic length? Your hair is very pretty.

Country gal

belle_reveuse28 said:
Absolutely! And for all those who think we can't, it's just great to swing the proof right in their face! Luckily, my family members believe much of whatever I tell them because they know I am trustworthy. I speak passionately about what I believe and know, and what I dont know... well, I just keep my mouth shut! :cool: But i'm very careful who I tell what. Some people aren't safe and aren't good to be transparent with. Something like this may be sensitive to certain people on this board, and I would suggest, as I do in other areas of my life, being selective who I tell what and who I let in.. give them a little and see what they do with it! that's just my bag baby...

I had to learn this lesson the hard way. Be very selective on the dreams and goals you tell people.

Country gal

Slyver- I know they are probably coming to you for advice. Your hair has gotten so long just from seeing you at the first DC meeting you came too until now.

Ms. Lala- I want to wear two strand twists that are the length that I see ladies sporting with extensions. I want it to fall down my shoulders too.

Tld- I focused on health too during my natural journey and now I am getting the length too.

Famdu- congrats on the weightloss. I want to lose 45lbs but I can't imagine actually losing it. Mind over matter.

Monalisa- cute picture

I can't wait to tell my co-worker the positive responses I have recieved. Keep on reaching those goals ladies.

MrsQueeny

I believe it because I was almost there without this board. Back when I was relaxed my hair was beyond brastrap almost waistlength. Now it is just a matter of me not doing anymore BC's. I think I will get there a lot faster with the info I have obtained from the ladies here. Q

leleepop

Yes I believe. My hair is the healthiest and longest it has ever been already. I know it will get even better. I can also tell that ppl notice my hair. strangers and ppl I have known. I love LHCF:D

Miss*Tress

sylver2 said:
I always had long hair but it never went further then APL. Last year I started telling tellin my family members and friends that I want to try to grow to WL and some would laugh at me or give me that 'yeh..right,u r delusional' smile.
I could easily maintain my hair at APL too and I thought that was my terminal length. Now I'm just past BSL - although in need of a trim - but now I *know* I can make it to waist length and possibly beyond.

Last edited:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Of course I believe I can reach my goals. I wouldn't have set them if I didn't think I could. I know it will take patience and hard work, but I CAN do it.

CaramelMiSS

I've always wanted my hair to grow and before i came here my mind as well as my hair was stuck on thinking that it will never grow grow past BSL. Since I found LHCF my mind as done a complete 180 and now I hope my hair will. But to answer the question Yes I do think any woman who wants any length will reach their goals they just have to get their minds unstuck, and the hair will follow.;)

RabiaElaine

I totally believe I will reach my goals even if it takes a long time to do it. My hair has grown a lot since I first joined LHCF. It's the longest and thickest it's ever been and I haven't been fussing over it like I used to. I just maintain some of the basic LHCF hair "rules":

1) Leaving it alone and protected

2) Stretching my relaxer

3) Washing/conditioning regularly (for me weekly)

4) Moisturizing (I still need to get in the habit of remembering to do this every day)

I wanted to be APL by the end of this year, but I'm not sure I'll make it there, but I'll be close. My goal for next year is a full/thick APL then I'll move on to the challenged of BSL. :grin: