Don't cut it challenge

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
This challenge has made me see how obsessed I am. I keep looking at my ends thinking "is that frizz??or are those splits I need to get ahead of? Is my hair breaking? Is that damage?"
OMG!!! It's ridiculous! I can't believe I'm this paranoid...isn't it just hair? ;)

Lucia

I realized that I was cutting and trimming when it wasn't necessary I was obsessed with trimming and s and d that's why I started the challenge it gets to the point where your just cutting just to cut and losing all kinds of progress in the process.
I mean when I was a child I never got trims to cuts ever and my hair was the healthy thick and long so there is something to it.
I figure at he end of this challenge I won't have to trim as much as I originally thought.

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
This challenge has made me see how obsessed I am. I keep looking at my ends thinking "is that frizz??or are those splits I need to get ahead of? Is my hair breaking? Is that damage?" OMG!!! It's ridiculous! I can't believe I'm this paranoid...isn't it just hair? ;)

Yes, it's just hair, but it's also our crown and glory. If our crown isn't perfect, our day isn't right. I'm a fine-hair lady and it takes a lot of TLC to keep my strands healthy. It's like you have to be some what OCD in order retain length. This challenge has helped me a lot. I'm more wary of what I put in my hair, how I style it, how I detangle it, etc. It's all about accountability, hence, why I told on myself.

havilland

Yes, it's just hair, but it's also our crown and glory. If our crown isn't perfect, our day isn't right. I'm a fine-hair lady and it takes a lot of TLC to keep my strands healthy. It's like you have to be some what OCD in order retain length. This challenge has helped me a lot. I'm more wary of what I put in my hair, how I style it, how I detangle it, etc. It's all about accountability, hence, why I told on myself.

I agree 1000%!

regina07

Ladies - I'm in. In the past 6 months I've cut 6-8", because of damage and breakage in my crown. I've gone from Whip to MBL and have given up on my ultimate goal of TB.

Whats your ultimate hair goal? (or if you just want to grow your hair out)

ABL curly or tailbone stretched.

How will you keep your hair healthy your reggie doc scalp care etc?

M&S every other day, sealing with hair 'grease.' Deep condition once a week. Protein every other weeks. Hair vitamins to help strengthen crown and nape area.

What styles will you wear?

Bun, ponytail or roller sets.

Evolving78

I had to trim some more in my crown area. My ends look pretty good. Won't be cutting anything for the rest of the month and take it from there. I'm hoping for 2 inches by April for my crown area, so I gotta be extra careful and gentle.

Babygrowth

Still not trimming. Heavy Sealing helps bit I'm not doing it enough so I will start doing it daily again until I get my sew in. I'm just so lazy...

havilland

I want to trim my ends right now. I'm glad the scissors aren't here. I put my hair in a bun to save it from me.

Attachments

• image-391277124.jpg
    image-391277124.jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 50

newgrowth15

I wish I had seen this thread before I cut 5 inches off of my hair last week. Oh well, they were the last of my heat damage and it had to go in order for me to make a fresh start in this new year.

Lucia

U r asking me?:look: Lol..... We all know I'm not the person to ask. I'm here for intervention. :grin: I didn't trim....FYI ;)
Yes all of us together my name is ...... And I like to chop off my hair even though it's basically healthy. Step 1 hide the scissors. Step 2 get a good moisturizing sealer a butter or medium to heavy oil. Step 3 check in with us before doing something impulsive with your hair. Tag us all if necessary

Last edited:

Lucia

I want to trim my ends right now. I'm glad the scissors aren't here. I put my hair in a bun to save it from me.
havilland I don't see anything wrong with your ends from a health standpoint they might be uneven hair grows in unevenly all the time on everyone but hardly looks it and uneven does not mean unhealthy. You know blunt ends is the best marketing salons and stylists ever thought up. For hundreds and thousands of years women and most men never cut their hair.

havilland

I wish I had seen this thread before I cut 5 inches off of my hair last week. Oh well, they were the last of my heat damage and it had to go in order for me to make a fresh start in this new year.

Welcome! ;)

What was your hear damage from?

Evolving78

havilland I don't see anything wrong with your ends from a health standpoint they might be uneven hair grows in unevenly all the time on everyone but hardly looks it and uneven does not mean unhealthy. You know blunt ends is the best marketing salons and stylists ever thought up. For hundreds and thousands of years women and most men never cut their hair.
I see you are trying to talk her off of the ledge! Lol i agree. You ends don't look bad, but I'm a sucka for a fresh cut, so I wasn't gonna say anything and let the chips fall where they may! Lol

havilland

Yes all of us together my name is ...... And I like to chop off my hair even though it's basically healthy. Step 1 hide the scissors. Step 2 get a good moisturizing sealer a butter or medium to heavy oil. Step 3 check in with us before doing something impulsive with your hair. Tag us all if necessary

Great ideas! That's why I posted....and left my scissors at my office.

newgrowth15

Welcome! ;)

What was your hear damage from?

havilland, my heat damage came from straightening my hair with a hot comb and a marcel oven everyday for 12 years straight. When I found LHCF at the end of 2008, I learned to care for my hair one inch at a time. I transitioned from a heat damaged natural from 2009 until last week, when I completed the final BC. The sad part for me is that I was only 2 inches from my goal of waist length. However, I promised myself that I would cut off those last 5 inches no matter where I was on my journey at the beginning of this year.:ohwell:

Lucia

Halfway mark Ladies
Where is everybody at ?
How have you been doing in this challenge so
far?
Any regimen changes progress ?
Keep strong ladies we're halfway there.

caliscurls

Halfway mark Ladies Where is everybody at ? How have you been doing in this challenge so far? Any regimen changes progress ? Keep strong ladies we're halfway there.

Checking in, have been doing well but may throw in the towel soon. The one modification to my routine has been avoiding direct heat the past 2 months or so. Usually I tension blow dry but have been doing curlformer sets or drying partway in twists or braids under the dryer.

My ends still look great....but now I'm beginning to wonder if I'm pressing my luck :look: I just posted somewhere else yesterday I might dust in March....I just don't want to cause a set back by holding out too long.

Lucia

Halfway mark Ladies Where is everybody at ? How have you been doing in this challenge so far? Any regimen changes progress ? Keep strong ladies we're halfway there.

Well I haven't trimmed or dusted or anything. It was difficult the first month but after that (and hiding my scissors) I've almost forgotten about regular trims. I think this challenge will change my regular regimen going forward.
I know I have ssks but there not as many as I thought I would have and on the positive my ends are thicker and I'm loving that. Win win.

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
I seriously need to hide my hair. I just realized I brushed my fine hair a little too hard and basically ripped my hair. I have a 1" area above my temple, that is barely an inch long, due to my aggressive brushing. No more trying to smooth my edges into a bun for work. I will rock some tight curls using small rollers, until my hair is too long to stay off of my collar. I'm so frustrated with myself right now.

caliscurls

Ok I'm recommitting myself to this challenge. Previously I'd said I might dust around this time but after doing a really thorough inspection it doesn't appear necessary. There are a few splits but really just a few. I think I can hold out until the end of March.

How is everyone else doing?

Lucia

Ok I'm recommitting myself to this challenge. Previously I'd said I might dust around this time but after doing a really thorough inspection it doesn't appear necessary. There are a few splits but really just a few. I think I can hold out until the end of March. How is everyone else doing?

I actually don't miss trimming and my hair is fine I know I have a couple ssk some splits but it's really not as bad as I used to think it was.

caliscurls

I actually don't miss trimming and my hair is fine I know I have a couple ssk some splits but it's really not as bad as I used to think it was.

Yeah this challenge is great because it's teaching me I really can go longer with good care. That dust itch earlier this month was all mental.

havilland

I will not trim until June. I will not trim until June. I will not trim until June. ...... Lawd help me! I need to be DELIVERT!