February 2016: Hits & Misses

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
@rileypak
I hope your potential Bae makes it past the honeymoon :2inlove: phase.

I'll be waiting for your relationship status update, regarding MC Crystal Orchid :giggle:

:giggle: I hope it gets moved up too.
I want to try it to hold a few styles (twists, curlformers, something) before I officially say yeah it's the on the Bae list.
In the meanwhile, I'll try to remember to snap some pictures to show its edge holding performance throughout the week (for any gel users out there).

AgeinATL

:giggle: I hope it gets moved up too.
I want to try it to hold a few styles (twists, curlformers, something) before I officially say yeah it's the on the Bae list.
In the meanwhile, I'll try to remember to snap some pictures to show its edge holding performance throughout the week (for any gel users out there).

Pls report back on this. Looking for a gel to use for perm/flexi rod sets, curlformers, and twists. Thanks!!

CodeRed

Hits:

-Nairobi shampoo
-Joico Moisture Recovery Conditioner
-Ion Detangler
-Biosilk Silk Therapy Lite (moderate hit. not sure if I like it better than Chi Silk Infusion but it is easier to get)
-Scalp oiling before washing
-Clipping hair up before bed. Only takes a couple of seconds and it makes my ends nice and sleek the next day, even if it's clipped up messy

Misses:

Not putting hair up before bed. My ends aren't tangled from lack of doing this but they aren't as smooth when I don't.

APrayer4Hair

So far, my hits for February are:

My Hair Journal app. I use this on my iPad and while there are some issues with the app, I love that I can keep track of my pictures and notes on a daily basis.

JBCO. My hair loves you, not much else to say here.

Carols Daughter Sacred Tiare conditioner. This has turned out to be a great "base" conditioner for me to cocktail into a strong protein. This is a surprise given the general dislike for CD products by many naturals.

Carols Daughter Sacred Tiare sulfate-free shampoo. Again a surprise to me. I can usually do one shampoo with this easily.

Chicoro's Protein Pre-poo. I need to make a few minor adjustments to the mix but it will definitely fit into the general direction I am going in 2016.

Is the hair journal app an actual app? Or are you using a generic journal app for that purpose? I can't find it in the App Store....

TIA!

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
HITS: As planned I tried mixing Tresemme Naturals and Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle w/distilled water to use as my leave-in. They both are cheap (I have a Tresemme stash) and provide moisture and definition, but TTT makes my hair feel funny if left on too long. While I thinned out the products too much (application was not as slippery as I'd like) and thought the combination wouldn't work, I got some really good definition...coils everywhere.

I also mixed flax seed gel w/KCCC and BSM and got some pretty good hold. The biggest surprise was the shine. Wow, never saw anything like it on my hair.

Only thing left to do is perfect these potions.