French Bouffant Roller Group Buy

L.Brown1114

So the price would be $30 (for 2 packs) + $8 (for shipping to us once it gets to the US) + the shipping to ship to the US which would be around $59 if it is €55 which will be decided by however many people want to buy them (let's say 15 people) which would make it roughly $4.

So all together with the pricing and tax and shipping variations it would be worst case scenario roughly $45?

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
@L.Brown1114,

Right now, my guesstimate would be approximately $50 all together for 2 packs of rollers. €17.xx converts to about $19.xx per pack + shipping to the US. I'm hoping that two packs will fit into the 12"×9 1/2" flate rate padded envelopes from USPS. Those are $6.80. The dimensions are too small on the small flate rate box. The medium box jumps to $13.XX.

L.Brown1114

@L.Brown1114,

Right now, my guesstimate would be approximately $50 all together for 2 packs of rollers. €17.xx converts to about $19.xx per pack + shipping to the US. I'm hoping that two packs will fit into the 12"×9 1/2" flate rate padded envelopes from USPS. Those are $6.80. The dimensions are too small on the small flate rate box. The medium box jumps to $13.XX.

Okay well count me out because I ain't ballin like that to spend $50 on just rollers

25Nona

Please count me in I would like to get one 2" and one pack of the smaller ones for my edges and bang.

Last edited:

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
@L.Brown1114,

I'm still good. I've been waiting years to get these rollers. I missed the last group buy that happened about 3 yeas ago. I learned my lesson. I know they'll last forever. I can't wait to get them.

Thx @Amarilles and @MileHighDiva!

Amarilles

OMGGGGG DID I MISS THIS? PLEASE ADD ME I would like 2 packs of 2 inch. Also will you be ordering the extra long pins as well? @Amarilles
Sure, I can if you'd like some? If I buy these rollers (I'm still thinking about it despite being a terrible rollersetter!) I would get pins for me as well.

Options are:
- 30 white plastic pins, 7cm (2.7 inches) for 0.47 €
- 100 blue plastic pins, 7cm for 1.26 € (sold in lots of 20)
- 100 blue plastic pins, 7cm for 3.91 €
- 10 metal pins coated in plastic, 7cm for 2.04 €
- 100 metal pins coated in plastic, 7cm for 17.76 €
- 100 metal pins coated in plastic, 9cm (3.5 inches) for 18.72 €
- 100 metal pins, 8cm (3.1 inches) for 9.36 €
- 100 red strong plastic pins, 7cm for 6.96 €

If anyone is interested just include the type of pins and quantity and I'll include it in the order. Taxes are included in these so the price is as listed.

Pins.png

Edited to correct the bolded above. 100 not 10!

Last edited:

25Nona

Sure, I can if you'd like some? If I buy these rollers (I'm still thinking about it despite being a terrible rollersetter!) I would get pins for me as well.

Options are:
- 30 white plastic pins, 7cm (2.7 inches) for 0.47 €
- 100 blue plastic pins, 7cm for 1.26 € (sold in lots of 20)
- 100 blue plastic pins, 7cm for 3.91 €
- 10 metal pins coated in plastic, 7cm for 2.04 €
- 100 metal pins coated in plastic, 7cm for 17.76 €
- 10 metal pins coated in plastic, 9cm (3.5 inches) for 18.72 €
- 100 metal pins, 8cm (3.1 inches) for 9.36 €
- 100 red strong plastic pins, 7cm for 6.96 €

If anyone is interested just include the type of pins and quantity and I'll include it in the order. Taxes are included in these so the price is as listed.

View attachment 350057

So for the 2" rolers I would be looking to get the 3.5 metal pins can you tell me how much it would be in US dollars.

meka72

I'm still in for 2 packs of rollers plus the 3.5 metal pins mentioned above (I have no clue what size to get though). If it is still possible, I'd also like to get 2 sets of the smaller size too.

Amarilles

Update from the vendor: They only have ONE pack left of the red, 1/2 inch rollers, after which they'll no longer be carried. :( So sorry @meka72 and @25Nona (and a third poster who is anonymous!). I'm going to remove the roller from my earlier post to not confuse anyone.

And we're good with the 2", MileHighDiva had me check before she made this thread. They have exactly 103 in stock.

As for the pins, @Colocha I'm not exactly sure how they differ, I think traditionally this type of roller is used with a pin and not our little silver hair clips. However I imagine that those would work just fine too?? Does anyone know for sure? I was just asking the vendor about it but he insisted on using their pins (but of course he would, lol) and said the 9cm/3.5" would be best for the 2" roller. If anyone has any experience with this, please do share.

@25Nona 1 pack of the 2" + the 3.5inch pins
17.76€ (roller base price, no discount applied)
18.72 € (pins)
Lets say $40, rounding up a few cents. Without shipping. It'll normally be a few bucks less as we'll have the group price, but I'm not counting it in these estimations in the case that less people come through when payment time rolls around.

Last edited:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
@bebezazueta
Can you help answer questions about the pins? What is your recommendation? How long are the amber colored pins that you have?

ETA: I just measured my pins and they're 3" including the head. However, my pins are the amber pins by Annie.

Last edited:

Amarilles

And the post office verified the prices I had seen online so we should be good!

The L (smaller) box is around $50 (45 € for 11lbs and under) and the bigger XL box is $60 (55 € for 15lbs tops).

20160202_155950.jpg

I'm really hoping everything fits in the XL box. It looked fairly large but I've no idea how much volume the roller packs are going to take up.

I think I'm going to purchase one pack just to get an idea.

Edit: I edited post #5 with the pricing information in dollars. Do give a second look to have a better idea of how much your order will be! :)

I also went ahead and purchased one pack to see it and measure it. I guess I might as well commit and get some more :lol: Put me down for 2 more packs @MileHighDiva please!

Last edited:

bebezazueta

@bebezazueta
Can you help answer questions about the pins? What is your recommendation? How long are the amber colored pins that you have?

ETA: I just measured my pins and they're 3" including the head. However, my pins are the amber pins by Annie.

To be honest. I hated those pins. I prefer the duckbill metal clips. I tried a variety of pins too. I kept poking my scalp. And yes I'm an experienced roller setter.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
To be honest. I hated those pins. I prefer the duckbill metal clips. I tried a variety of pins too. I kept poking my scalp. And yes I'm an experienced roller setter.

Me too. I also find the clips to be easier as well.

Just to interject, for those trying to decide, if you THINK you want to try the pins, buy them with your order. I didn't thinking I could buy pins locally, only to find that most American pins are too short to work with the French rollers. I wound up spending unnecessarily to get a set of pins after the fact.

It is far cheaper to get them at the same time as the rulers.

25Nona

Update from the vendor: They only have ONE pack left of the red, 1/2 inch rollers, after which they'll no longer be carried. :( So sorry @meka72 and @25Nona (and a third poster who is anonymous!). I'm going to remove the roller from my earlier post to not confuse anyone.

And we're good with the 2", MileHighDiva had me check before she made this thread. They have exactly 103 in stock.

As for the pins, @Colocha I'm not exactly sure how they differ, I think traditionally this type of roller is used with a pin and not our little silver hair clips. However I imagine that those would work just fine too?? Does anyone know for sure? I was just asking the vendor about it but he insisted on using their pins (but of course he would, lol) and said the 9cm/3.5" would be best for the 2" roller. If anyone has any experience with this, please do share.

@25Nona 1 pack of the 2" + the 3.5inch pins
17.76€ (roller base price, no discount applied)
18.72 € (pins)
Lets say $40, rounding up a few cents. Without shipping. It'll normally be a few bucks less as we'll have the group price, but I'm not counting it in these estimations in the case that less people come through when payment time rolls around.

Thanks so much for following up, so can you please put me down for one pack of rollers and 2 packs of pins, because I sometimes have to use two pins in one roller. This will give me back ups.

25Nona

I've used both. I like the short ones because they were easy to put in and remove.

ETA:. Forgot to mention, if you go with the pins, budget for at least 2 pins per roller, plus extras.
I so agree, I lucked up one time and found two packs of the 3 1/2 inch pins at the beauty supply store and never found them again. The 3 inch pins are to short, they will not hold the roller in place

Amarilles

So anything shorter than 3.5" doesn't work?? Wow, crazy. I'll update the other post so no one request the shorter pins, in that case.

Thanks so much for following up, so can you please put me down for one pack of rollers and 2 packs of pins, because I sometimes have to use two pins in one roller. This will give me back ups.
2 packs? The 3.5inch come in packs of 100. The 10 I had written at first was a typo. Just confirm the amount of pins and it'll be noted! :)

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
So exciting!

@MileHighDiva When are we looking to finalize? Should we keep the thread available for more people to get in on the order for another week? Then give us an additional week to get all the monies to @Amarilles ? What do you Ladies think? Or are we waiting to cap out at a certain amount of people first?

I believe @Amarilles stated that the supplier only had 100 packs, so if everyone averages 2 packs, we can only have 40 - 50 people order. So, shhhhh, don't tell EVERYBODY.

25Nona

So anything shorter than 3.5" doesn't work?? Wow, crazy. I'll update the other post so no one request the shorter pins, in that case.

2 packs? The 3.5inch come in packs of 100. The 10 I had written at first was a typo. Just confirm the amount of pins and it'll be noted! :)

Oooohhh Ok well the one pack is way fine! Thanks