Full & Healthy Crown & Edges Challenge 2012

daviine

Hi ladies,
This is what I have at home. I doubt we're ever going to drink this so I wanted your opinion. There are other ingredients other than the herbs so I wanted to know if you think any of these are okay to use for tea rinses.

Celestial Seasonings Fruit Tea Sampler

Ingredients:
Raspberry Zinger: Hibiscus, rosehips, roasted chicory, orange peel, blackberry leaves, natural raspberry flavor with other natural flavors (contains soy lecithin), raspberries and raspberry leaves.
Country Peach Passion: Orange peel, rosehips, hawthorn, chamomile, natural peach flavor with other natural flavors (contains soy lecithin), blackberry leaves, hibiscus, peaches, citric acid and paprika (color).
Wild Berry Zinger: Hibiscus, rosehips, roasted chicory, orange peel, blackberry leaves, natural flavors of black raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, red raspberries, cranberries and cherries with other natural flavors (contains soy lecithin) and citric acid.
True Blueberry: Hibiscus, rosehips, orange peel, natural blueberry flavor with other natural flavors (contains soy lecithin), blackberry leaves, wild blueberries and blueberry leaves.
Black Cherry Berry: Hibiscus, rosehips, roasted chicory, blackberry leaves, hawthorn, natural black cherry flavor with other natural flavors (contains soy lecithin), chamomile and sweet cherries.

Thanks in advance.

faithVA

Hi ladies,
This is what I have at home. I doubt we're ever going to drink this so I wanted your opinion. There are other ingredients other than the herbs so I wanted to know if you think any of these are okay to use for tea rinses.

Ingredients:
Raspberry Zinger: Hibiscus, rosehips, roasted chicory, orange peel, blackberry leaves, natural raspberry flavor with other natural flavors (contains soy lecithin), raspberries and raspberry leaves.
Country Peach Passion: Orange peel, rosehips, hawthorn, chamomile, natural peach flavor with other natural flavors (contains soy lecithin), blackberry leaves, hibiscus, peaches, citric acid and paprika (color).
Wild Berry Zinger: Hibiscus, rosehips, roasted chicory, orange peel, blackberry leaves, natural flavors of black raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, red raspberries, cranberries and cherries with other natural flavors (contains soy lecithin) and citric acid.
True Blueberry: Hibiscus, rosehips, orange peel, natural blueberry flavor with other natural flavors (contains soy lecithin), blackberry leaves, wild blueberries and blueberry leaves.
Black Cherry Berry: Hibiscus, rosehips, roasted chicory, blackberry leaves, hawthorn, natural black cherry flavor with other natural flavors (contains soy lecithin), chamomile and sweet cherries.

Thanks in advance.

I would use them. They are good to drink, so I don't see any issue using them on your hair. I actually had better results using herbal tea than black tea. And your hair will smell so good with the rinse :yep:

faithVA

Fall is here. I can tell because my scalp was burning, burning, burning today, which happens when the air starts to get dry. So I came home and oiled my scalp, put conditioner on my hair and baggied for 45 minutes. I cowashed and my scalp feels sooo much better.

I hate the burning, but I appreciate that I can tell what parts of my scalp need healing. I hope one day for full recovery.

jprayze

So it's 4 days into October and I've been consistent on my routine. Even getting in my vits...so far so good!

naturalfinally

Ok Ladies. This is my pictorial check in for my edges. I'm fuzzy! I'm very happy with my slow and steady progress.

Left and right side.

Attachments

• image-4270828628.jpg
    image-4270828628.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 66
  • image-4246307897.jpg
    image-4246307897.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 70

jprayze

naturalfinally said:
Ok Ladies. This is my pictorial check in for my edges. I'm fuzzy! I'm very happy with my slow and steady progress.

Left and right side.

Looking good. What's your current regi for your edges? naturalfinally

Last edited:

jprayze

Checking in...following my routine. I have realized that for me, MN helps with length but does nothing as far as 'filling in' my problem areas. Waiting for the EO blend to kick in, but from the pics I have seen, it's works but you really see substantial results after 3 months.

I'm expecting that upping my vitamin D is going to help a lot too.

Patience is key.

discodumpling

Sometime before the end of the year ill put together a couple pics of my progress. I've come a long way and I'm excited to share!
Just wanna remind the ladies that time and patience are your best friends in this struggle. It has taken me 5 yrs to completely eradicate my baldmans itch inflamation and other assorted scalp and hair issues. But I've done it! Pics soon come.

Brwnbeauti

image-1956512170.jpg

My edges the other day. I've some little curls coming in which is good. I also decided to start self relaxing, that way I fully control the processing of my edges. My husband was like "I'll pay for the perms, your hair is starting to grow" I giggled and showed him this site- it is in spite of my beautician. Not because of.

jprayze

CafedeBelleza said:
My edges the other day. I've some little curls coming in which is good. I also decided to start self relaxing, that way I fully control the processing of my edges. My husband was like "I'll pay for the perms, your hair is starting to grow" I giggled and showed him this site- it is in spite of my beautician. Not because of.

Glad to see your progress. I'm starting to get some little curls too!

jprayze

discodumpling said:
Sometime before the end of the year ill put together a couple pics of my progress. I've come a long way and I'm excited to share!
Just wanna remind the ladies that time and patience are your best friends in this struggle. It has taken me 5 yrs to completely eradicate my baldmans itch inflamation and other assorted scalp and hair issues. But I've done it! Pics soon come.

Can't wait to see your pics! Everyone's progress is encouraging!

daviine

daviine said:
Hi ladies,

Ingredients:

Thanks in advance.

Ha ha ha! I was wondering what happened to this post. I meant to post this in the tea rinse thread. I suppose I could have just played it off. :dork:

Thanks for replying anyway! :grin:

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Massaged in sulfur oil to my edges last night. The left side is coming along well; the right will need more time and care.

daviine

Ladies-- I have a question for you. Do you find that when you take pics of your bald or thinning spots that the camera makes them appear bigger than they are?

I've been taking pics of my scalp in hopes that I will be able to compare progress and someday put together an album. I look in the mirror and the part is wide, but when I look at the pic, the part seems so much wider. I am sad and afraid. What if my hair doesn't fill back in? Looking at the pictures make "recovery" seem overwhelming and I feel its going to be such a difficult task.

jprayze

[USER=22 said:
daviine[/USER];17031981]Ladies-- I have a question for you. Do you find that when you take pics of your bald or thinning spots that the camera makes them appear bigger than they are?

I've been taking pics of my scalp in hopes that I will be able to compare progress and someday put together an album. I look in the mirror and the part is wide, but when I look at the pic, the part seems so much wider. I am sad and afraid. What if my hair doesn't fill back in? Looking at the pictures make "recovery" seem overwhelming and I feel its going to be such a difficult task.

I agree...those pics can look daunting at first, but they helped me to get a routine down when I really faced the reality. And one day, I do believe we will have awesome comparison pics to show! You gotta have the BEFORE to have an AFTER...

faithVA

[USER=22 said:
daviine[/USER];17031981]Ladies-- I have a question for you. Do you find that when you take pics of your bald or thinning spots that the camera makes them appear bigger than they are?

Yes the camera does magnify it and even more so if you use a flash. If you look in my album you can see my starting pictures and my parts seem like they are two inches apart. I try to hold the camera as far away as possible and if I can I don't use a flash. I have gotten used to it now.

I think you should definitely take the pictures in the beginning so you have something to compare. But you don't have to take them every month. Take them every 3 months or every 6 months. It is not a difficult task, it is just one that requires consistency and patience. And you can do it.

Whatever your regimen is, just think of it like brushing your teeth. It's just something that needs to be done. Focus on it enough to follow your regimen but not so much that you are constantly measuring.

Many of us have made great progress so be encouraged, that you can have great progress as well. When I first started I had no clue what would happen but my consistency has paid off. So just work your plan and then check back in a few months. Then adapt it if you need to.

We are here to support you and we understand both your fear and your frustration.

daviine

jprayze faithVA

Thanks for your replies. I was about ready to cry when I typed the post and when I read your replies. I do take the pics close up and with the flash on, so I will keep that in mind the next time I take pics.

Now I have to read my ar$e off to figure out what approach I want to take. I guess I could start with this thread.... but its so long...:lol:

Thanks for your support. Now I'm going to need some patience. :drunk:

Brwnbeauti

Ladies-- I have a question for you. Do you find that when you take pics of your bald or thinning spots that the camera makes them appear bigger than they are?

They are traumatic sometimes but when you start seeing progress you'll be glad you took em.

faithVA

@jprayze @faithVA

Thanks for your replies. I was about ready to cry when I typed the post and when I read your replies. I do take the pics close up and with the flash on, so I will keep that in mind the next time I take pics.

Now I have to read my ar$e off to figure out what approach I want to take. I guess I could start with this thread.... but its so long...:lol:

Thanks for your support. Now I'm going to need some patience. :drunk:

Whatever you do, keep it simple. Consistency matters and you want to do something you will do consistently. You definitely need patience. This is a long road but it is worth the investment of time :yep:

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Applied sulfur oil to my scalp, concentrating on my edges. I wore a high bun yesterday, and the look of my hairline really pleased me. I wasn't as self conscious about the style as I usually am. I hope this progress continues!

jprayze

I feel like I'm making progress...little curls around my hairline. Will take new pics of my problem areas at the end of the month and then none until end of December.

I was looking for a PS that wouldn't put undo stress on my hair and scalp and now I'm thinking about crochet braids. In the past, they have never felt too tight and I would be able to care for my hair/scalp under the hair. I think it's a better alternative to individuals and sew ins.

Also I want some short wigs for fun!