GROW YOUR HAIR LONG WITH DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE 2008 - PART 2

Aggie

Hi to all deep conditioning challengers,

This is just a continuation of the deep conditioning challenge for 3 months that ran from February through April, 2008. Now by popular demand it's coming back for the rest of this year beginning May 1st - December 31st, 2008.

This challenge was started because we sometimes get a little lazy and don't want to do all that's necessary for our hair to grow faster, so the challenge helps us to encourage each other to remain consistent and persistent.

I know that I myself have experienced a huge success with my hair progress since starting deep condtioning consistently, it is thicker and longer:yep: - just see my siggy. I am relaxed so co-washing everyday doesn't work too well for me but DC-ing 2 to 3 times a week is the truth. By the way, this challenge is for all natural, texlaxed, and relaxed heads.

Here is what you will need for this challenge:

1. Simplicity is still key in this challenge.
2. Deep conditioning is required a minimum of twice per week, be it on wet or dry hair.
3. Shampooing more than once a week is not required.
4. You may deep condition with heat (steam/conditioning heat caps or hot towels and plastic cap) for at least 30 minutes to an hour using the deep conditioner of your choice.
5. And/Or you may deep condition without heat wearing a plastic cap from a couple of hours to overnight if you dare - and wash out the following morning.
6. Please check in at least once every 2 weeks to update the team on how it's going for you.
7. Please post your starting progress pic at the beginning of the challenge and the last one will be required by December 28th-31st, 2008 when the challenge will end.

Those who want to join, please PM me and I will add you to the challenge. Remember to have fun:dance7:.

Deep Conditioning Challengers so far are:

Aggie
trinigal27
bign_17
ladybeesrch
sevetlana
sweetg
HairHustla
gymfreak336
Shalilac
Mrs. Verde

drasgrl
bbdgirl
ayjacks
Bravenewgirl87
tiffers
Rapunzel2B
Alli77
VeiledBeauty
coffee
moni_kerr

SmartyPants
miami74
NinasLongAmbition
2grlsandme
tangela
Twisties
song_of_serenity
aurora3140
Divake22
DivaD04

chenai
MrsWatson
samanthajones67
seximami
Mandy4610
Lavendar
naturalsigma
Lynnez
MedMunky
lildhe

Tarae
AtlantaJJ
****arip
BillBackerz67
joyandfaith
malachi74
Glib Gurl
tycoles
JustKiya
Puddles

Trudy
cecilie
apples
Anashja
Blackbird77
missnurselady
seraphim712
MsJellie
ladybug71
Zenobia61

lovinmylocs
candiel
Daisy'sHair
Closer1
moonglowdiva
highlyfavored2008
Silver
MissFallon
ElleDoll
princessnad

Duchesse
Jada
KeraKrazy
Blessed2bless
Lebiya
NigerianGirl
queenvdb
Moisture2608
MonaLisa
divya

Piscesgirl718
Topsyturvy86
Laila82
MissTical
CokoQt
cutenaynay
oooop2
Seraphina
jaded_faerie
MD_Lady

chickory_bee
daephae
Jenn22588
andreamaria
Guapa1
tschizum
DonnaDi31Proverbi
Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll
Natural_Woman
chebaby

lilsparkle825
tt8
tishee
miss Congeniality
runrunrunner
BmoreCoco
healthyhair2
Mahalialee4
mshottienelson
gottabme247

CurliDiva
NYCQT16
Anancy
PittiPat
LilChocolateMa
QT
foxieroxienyc
SugaCane
flautist
ebzonix

MonaRae
SoSweet08
d-rock
Healthb4Length
myronnie
leonette
cinnabuns
Mz.Shug
Lisaaa Bonet
Sepia_Rose

kels823
xxCami
sugaplum
princessnadia
evsbaby
danigurl18
pinayprincess
turnergirl
curlscience
jerseyjill

rhapsdyblu
Social.Buttahfly
brightblueink
SailorSuccess
Shonni
shortyluv
tyte curlz
sjohnson71103
cutiebe2
cassedy94

LovinLocks
JOI
sandyrabbit
Bri505
trinimonpeaches
ImFree27
Yummied77
karlap
kaynewme
rhon2993

thia
Hairicome
Oneya
misscrandol
cali girl
cstrigg
Zeal
sqzbly1969
iaec06
SweetMarshCrystal

shae101s
Hair4Care
belle_reveuse28
MzWill
DaDragonPrincess
sugarose
Papoose
Camilla
IamMoreThanAConquror
glamchick84

sheree
tatambabyy
karebear0610
asummertyme
ladycage
ycj
sweetcocoa

Last edited:

Aggie

Thanks ladies for the PMs. Welcome to the challenge and just a reminder - it begins officially on Thursday, May 1st, 2008.

If there are any others interested in joining please pm me so your name can go on the list on time, okay?

The Sweetest B

For us newbies, perhaps you can explain exactly what this means as well as recommend some products that might be best. I don't know if I can do this challenge however because my lifestyle just does not allow for me to wet my hair during the week. Additionally I am still learning and trying to figure everything out. Your progress is inspiring though:notworthy

Aggie

sign me up ! My first challenge woohoo! yay im excited :lachen:

Welcome to your first challenge Moni. You will enjoy this challenge and most importantly, the long lengths you will achieve. We are a strong support system here and if you need help, just ask any of the hair gurus that will be a part of this challenge.

Ericka

I'm thinking about joining, but I just have to make sure I'm ready to fully commit to 3 whole months without heat. Oh I love my straight hair, but would love to cut back on heat for a while. I'll have to get back to you ladies with a final decision.

Aggie

For us newbies, perhaps you can explain exactly what this means as well as recommend some products that might be best. I don't know if I can do this challenge however because my lifestyle just does not allow for me to wet my hair during the week. Additionally I am still learning and trying to figure everything out. Your progress is inspiring though:notworthy

Sweetest B, Deep Conditioning is conditioning your hair for an extended period of time with or without heat to moisturize on a deeper level than wash out conditioners. This type of conditioner is thicker than regular wash-out conditioners, they help to strengthen the hair and provide needed elasticity in the hair strands. They aslo combat excessive dryness and makes the hair supple and flexible. It is a very good recovery procedure for hair that is suffering from protein overload.

There are many conditioners that can be used and among them are Mizani moisturefuse, Kenra moisturizing conditioner, Elucence moisturizing conditioner, Pantene R/N hair conditioning mask, Nexxus Humectress, Nexxus Humectin, Keracare Humecto, Biolage Conditioning Balm, Elasta QP DPR-11, there are many many more that I don't have though. Perhaps some of the other ladies can chime in and offer some other examples. I hope this was helpful.

Last edited:

Aggie

I'm thinking about joining, but I just have to make sure I'm ready to fully commit to 3 whole months without heat. Oh I love my straight hair, but would love to cut back on heat for a while. I'll have to get back to you ladies with a final decision.

Hi Ericka, one of the rules of the challenge is that you can DC with or without heat. If you decide to do it without heat, just keep the conditioner on the hair a little longer than you would with heat, okay?

BlackPearl1

This sound like a really good challenge but I'm not sure if I could do it. I like to go with the flow :grin:. I make sure I DC at least once a week. Sometimes doing mid-week I co-wash then DC. I'm pretty sure I will co-wash more during the summer, but if I'm wearing my hair curly (sometime) I may not be able to. Decisions decisions :yep:

Lavendar

I'm definitely in! I've been DC twice a week overnight for a while now and I need to stay on top of my game during the summer. :yep:

Mandy4610

Hey ladies, I am definitely in!!! Anything to get out of the TWA stage (I love my TWA, but.....)
So, what are the consequences, if any, of not living up to the challenge?

HHG