Hair Growth and Weight Loss Challenge 2015

ronie

HairPleezeGrow
You are not playing. Your diet is so on point, and your dishes look so yummy. For me , that lobster bisque just opened my inner monster. I have been eating pizza and chocolate brownies. I wont be surprised if i bounce back up to the 150's next weigh in. But tomorrow is a new day, and i am ready to get back where i left off.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
All I had to eat yesterday was a chicken strip and a serving of broccoli. I had no appetite and I forced myself to eat that much. I'm sure my appetite will return tomorrow in time for our mini vacay.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
HairPleezeGrow
You are not playing. Your diet is so on point, and your dishes look so yummy. For me , that lobster bisque just opened my inner monster. I have been eating pizza and chocolate brownies. I wont be surprised if i bounce back up to the 150's next weigh in. But tomorrow is a new day, and i am ready to get back where i left off.

Thank you ronie! Girl I'm trying my best to make things everyone will like. Do you have a recipe for the lobster bisque? i would love to make a healthy version of it if it isnt already. It's a soup right?

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Today I did 100 jumping jacks, 60 russian twist, 30 supermans, 1 mile on treadmill and then before bed 1 minute jump rope and 50 plie squats.

Breakfast I just had my oatmeal. Lunch I ate leftover meatloaf and a salad. Dinner was a bowl of cereal. Not supposed to eat it but eh.

TwistedRoots

Back2Life Back2ReLaxer!
I'm a day late... down to 149.3 almost 2lbs from last week. I have around a 1000 calorie deficit so I'm right on track. Its been almost a month since I BC'd and I can see some curls forming in the dry fro... I won't try to guess about how much it has grown...bottom line it has. :lol:

Dinner grilled shrimp pasta(whole grain) with suateed garlic spinach.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I am looking forward to wash day tomorrow. I will do a light protein dc and if needed I will follow with a moisturizing conditioner.

I will do some walking today and at some point I will go to the gym. I am aiming for 1000 calorie defecit today. I can burn 500 and reduce my calories by 500.

ronie

My poor baby is sick again. Fever since Sunday night. We went to the pediatrician today, and she tested negative for the flu thank God. However she is still very weak. So I have not been working out. I also have not been eating well.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My poor baby is sick again. Fever since Sunday night. We went to the pediatrician today, and she tested negative for the flu thank God. However she is still very weak. So I have not been working out. I also have not been eating well.

Give her Pedialite and lots of fluids. She probably doesn't have an appetite, but fluids will keep her from getting dehydrated.

davisbr88

Hi, ladies!
Sorry I have been MIA - I'm in China on vacation!
Good news! TOM passed before my weigh-in (4 days till the end of my game!), and I am down 9.8 pounds total! I will try to catch up over the next few days, but otherwise, I will see you all when I am back in the states on the 17th!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I gained a few lbs of water weight yesterday. I guess I have been eating too much sodium. I will try to flush out the sodium by drinking plenty of water and breaking a sweat during my workout.

ronie

Give her Pedialite and lots of fluids. She probably doesn't have an appetite, but fluids will keep her from getting dehydrated.
Yes that's all she could take down too. Turned out she had epiglottitis from eating some very hot spicy food at a party. Her whole throat area was swollen, red, and irritated. She maintained a fever from sunday night until Thursday evening. Tylenol, motrin around the clock, and every other little tricks like cold compress, vicks rub, haitian castor oil rub, haitian herb infused bath, but fever kept coming back every 4-6 hours. I was so scared. But since she tested negative for all suspected viruses and bacteria, the pediatrician only put her on steroids to decrease the swelling. After 2 doses, she started feeling better. She is now back to her normal self, and me to mines, lol.

Yep! Sugar free Popsicles, Gatorade, chicken broth, etc...
She did not like the Gatorade, but she loved the Vitacost pure coconut water. It is full of electrolytes and very low on sugar and calories. She lived on that for 5 days. Thanks.

Okay here's my embarrassing almost 2 week update. It'll be 2 weeks tomorrow...
10lbs down...

View attachment 300449

View attachment 300451

View attachment 300453

View attachment 300455
Good job missy. I have been lurking, but too busy and worried to participate. I had nothing to share anyways. I have not been at the gym, and my eating has been "whatever." I went shopping at BJs today, and i am going to the gym tomorrow morning. I am happy to be back. I weighed in at 150.5 yesterday morning.So i will take it from there.

TwistedRoots

Back2Life Back2ReLaxer!
Weekly check in! I lost an inch and a half on my waist. I'm not at home so I didn't weigh myself because I only have one of those dial scales and I don't trust those lol.

yesterday made exactly one month since my siggy picture and Im please with the growth. My curls are defined with the exception of when I wake up and the back is flat/wavy... Still trying this water only washing Ive decided to use oils sparingly after its wet.

Evolving78

Yes that's all she could take down too. Turned out she had epiglottitis from eating some very hot spicy food at a party. Her whole throat area was swollen, red, and irritated. She maintained a fever from sunday night until Thursday evening. Tylenol, motrin around the clock, and every other little tricks like cold compress, vicks rub, haitian castor oil rub, haitian herb infused bath, but fever kept coming back every 4-6 hours. I was so scared. But since she tested negative for all suspected viruses and bacteria, the pediatrician only put her on steroids to decrease the swelling. After 2 doses, she started feeling better. She is now back to her normal self, and me to mines, lol. She did not like the Gatorade, but she loved the Vitacost pure coconut water. It is full of electrolytes and very low on sugar and calories. She lived on that for 5 days. Thanks. Good job missy. I have been lurking, but too busy and worried to participate. I had nothing to share anyways. I have not been at the gym, and my eating has been "whatever." I went shopping at BJs today, and i am going to the gym tomorrow morning. I am happy to be back. I weighed in at 150.5 yesterday morning.So i will take it from there.
I will have to try that!

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I have a long study session tonight so instead of going to get the pint of Ben & Jerry's half baked that I've been craving, I decided on a huge bowl of fruit (green apples, green grapes and strawberries) with a huge bottle of water to get to through the next few hours. I'm proud of myself. This serves as study snacks and a late dinner.

Attachments

• image-2777953433.jpg
    image-2777953433.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 24
  • image-1353569412.jpg
    image-1353569412.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 23

ronie

Eating was good today. First time at they gym in over a week: 20 mms stair master, 30 mms elliptical, 30mms run/walk on the thread mil. Over 600 cals burn. That's what I needed to motivate me again. Right now i am snacking on baby carrots and sliced cucumber at work. I am almost done with the whole bag I made. Around 6am I will make one of those instant oatmeal cup, and I will head to the gym straight from work (7:30 am) for an hour body works class.
I am still hoping to make my 145lbs goal for my birthday april 17th.

image-3430982912.jpg

Last edited:

ronie

I will have to try that!
shortdub78
Husby and I got hooked on these ( they make great hang over drink too.) They are very refreshing with just the right amount of sweetness. With only 45 calories and 9 sugars per cup, I can afford to splurge without feeling guilty. We have tried different brands:vita coco, zico, coco libre. I find them to be equally good. I sometimes use them as the liquid for my smoothies.

davisbr88

I'm in the airport on the way back to the US! I will catch up on everything soon.
Thanks for keeping it going, ladies :D

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I had a great total body workout yesterday. My abs are still sore. Today we took the little ones to the rodeo. We walked and played for over 4 hours. I wore a sports bra, tank, leggings and running shoes so that I would be comfy. I'm sure I burned off the calories in that chopped beef baked potato :blush:

HappilyLiberal

I'm so mad :swearing: I've been working out so hard and eating very lightly for a long time and my weight just doesn't seem to budge. I was never like this before, I always stayed at about a size 4 or 6. I'm working out way harder now and eating way less and I've never weighed this much :(. I don't know what to do but more of the same :(

I know this sounds counter intuitive, but eat more and vary your eating from day-to-day for a few weeks. It sounds like you've hit a plateau.

ronie

Hmm...thanks...that's an interesting thought. I think I'll give it a try and check back in :)
naptime
It works for me. Don't work out for a week. Take that time to splurge on anything your heart desires. I ate lots of pizza and Chinese food ( I know I know), lollll. At the end of the week I went up 2 lbs from my plateau number. I went right bCk into my diet and exercise routine. Within 5 days I was 1 lb below my plateau number, and the numbers just kept dropping constantly every week. I seem to hit a plateau at every 10 to 12 lbs lost. This routine always get me out of it.