Hair Vitamin/Supplement 2015 Challenge

Jace032000

Since I had my hair consultation with Komaza in August, they recommended the following for me - I try to do it all everyday, but it's a lot. I'm 57, so some of the recommendations are for older people people like me.
I'm taking the following:

Country Life Maxi-Hair Maximized
L-Cysteine (1500 mg)
NAC (1200 mg) - this is more for my lung health than hair
Vitamin D
Super Greens (scoopful in 8 oz of water or juice)
1 TBS Black Cumin Seed Oil
2 TBS Blackstrap Molasses (dissolved in hot water and drank when cooled)
1 raw protein shake or more a day
I've been meaning to get a hair consult --- not sure why I keep putting it off.

Maybe it's the price.

Well since I can no longer take hair infinity due to pregnancy, I'm still taking my prenatals religiously. My hair is obviously growing like weeds (got 1.5 inches in one month!!!). I'm just wondering how I can keep my hair from shedding after the baby is born. Hmmmm.....

To care for my new found length, I've been getting bi-weekly Redken moisture shots from my new stylist. I was very skeptical about using Redken on my 4a hair but my hair honestly feels sooo good afterwards. After the deep condition, my stylist does a steam infusion flat iron and my hair feels like silk.

PureSilver

I think the vitamins I'm taking or whatever it is that I've been doing is changing my NG texture. Last relaxer July 22, I underprocessed my hair, now I know my hair has grown a little since that time but I cannot tell the difference between my underprocessed hair and my NG.

Aggie

I don't think I will ever stop taking msm. I truly believe it's helping with thickness. Sometimes I take 2000mg and sometimes I take 3-4000mg a day. But the minimum is 2000mg a day. Not much shedding either. Beautifully bamboo is awesome too - I even take the tea to make up for when I miss my vitamins.

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
Are yall taking the msm pills or powder? I'm taking the powder form. I can't really tell if my hair is thicker. I may need to switch to the pills

julzinha

Are yall taking the msm pills or powder? I'm taking the powder form. I can't really tell if my hair is thicker. I may need to switch to the pills
Either is fine as long as it's optimsm. Also, the more you take the greater the benefits. How much are you taking?

julzinha

Yep - even if it is a "boob fertilizer". <lol>
I appreciate the hell out of that side effect, especially since when I loose weight my boobs get smaller and those pills keep them large and prevent loose skin as I lose weight. It is def. for life. I eventually want to switch to the powder form and maintain at 10,000 a day

ilong

God's Own
I appreciate the hell out of that side effect, especially since when I loose weight my boobs get smaller and those pills keep them large and prevent loose skin as I lose weight. It is def. for life. I eventually want to switch to the powder form and maintain at 10,000 a day
LOL - glad someone can appreciate it. I love the powder form it gets me up to 16g daily. I put it in my morning smoothie.

Now if it evolved to a "super hair fertilizer" I bet you could not find a grain of MSM anywhere! :D

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
Hello ladies!

Can anyone suggest a vitamin/supplement that helped with excess shedding. I've been using garlic infused olive oil but I'm getting tired of the smell lol.

Manetabolism did nothing for shedding and Mielle Organics broke me out in cystic acne.

Thanks!!

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Have you tried garlic supplements? They have odorless ones. Im at a place in my life where I just chew up a clove and down it with cold water in the morning.
Hello ladies!

Can anyone suggest a vitamin/supplement that helped with excess shedding. I've been using garlic infused olive oil but I'm getting tired of the smell lol.

Manetabolism did nothing for shedding and Mielle Organics broke me out in cystic acne.

Thanks!!

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
Have you tried garlic supplements? They have odorless ones. Im at a place in my life where I just chew up a clove and down it with cold water in the morning.

I actually eat a clove of garlic a day lol. I don't do it for hair though, I do it because it helps fight tooth decay :) I've been slacking though. Need to get back on it.

Aggie

Hello ladies!

Thanks!!
Have you tried MSM? It works for me

BrownSkinPoppin

formerly NaturallyBri87
Have you tried MSM? It works for me

I actually have some MSM powder that I bought for my skin that's been sitting in my pantry. Pulled it out today and added it to my coffee. I read that you need to do high doses to get the full benefits so I'm gonna try to add to coffee in the morning and then orange juice throughout the day.

Aggie

I actually have some MSM powder that I bought for my skin that's been sitting in my pantry. Pulled it out today and added it to my coffee. I read that you need to do high doses to get the full benefits so I'm gonna try to add to coffee in the morning and then orange juice throughout the day.
I don't know about that. I only take 1000-3000mg a day. My hair is getting wonderfully thicker, something I've always wanted. I think consistency is the key.