Hide Your Hair Until Christmas Challenge!!!

CurliDiva said:
I like to leave my weave product-free for great body and movement, but my leave-in's (used to keep my real hair conditioned) is weighing my weave down.

Also, while wearing my sew-in weave, I can't BAGGIE like I want (and my natural hair loves) without the weave hair turning out wet and limp for hours!:(

Any advice?

What products are you using on your hair under your weave? I spray my hair with braid spray, I don't think it weighs my weave down.

RabiaElaine said:
What products are you using on your hair under your weave? I spray my hair with braid spray, I don't think it weighs my weave down.

I mix Surge 14, Infusium 23, and a little Scurl in a spurt bottle and apply it to my roots.

The Infusium 23 is the only new product that I added based on the corwn & glory thread. :confused:

this challenge is like killing 2 birds with one stone for me. as i am contemplating going natural, so whilst weaved up; i will start moniting my new growth and come christmas will decide what i want to do with it :D :D :D

I'm a newbie and I want in. This will be a good opportunity for me to see the result of all the tips I've received here. I never really attempted to take care of my hair before. And seeing all of these pictures have given me great hope. So, let's see where I'll be in December!!!!

Oh, I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding in October. I will have to wear it out then, if that's what the bride wants. She hasn't decided yet. So, will I just have to catch the next challenge, or can I just cheat for a day???

Ms_Twana said:
I'm a newbie and I want in. This will be a good opportunity for me to see the result of all the tips I've received here. I never really attempted to take care of my hair before. And seeing all of these pictures have given me great hope. So, let's see where I'll be in December!!!!

Oh, I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding in October. I will have to wear it out then, if that's what the bride wants. She hasn't decided yet. So, will I just have to catch the next challenge, or can I just cheat for a day???
We get special ocassion passes, check with RE if your hiding your hair all the time except for some ocassions it should be OK. BTW
HELLO NEWBIE! :wave: :)

It's summer time! Who wants to hide long, flowing hair during the summer?

We should do it in January and "hide" our hair until June! :yep:

Blossssom said:

:lol: OK You just put down the next challenge for Jan 2007

Blossssom said:

Blossssom,

You are too much FUN to not join in! Let your weave or braids blow in the wind this summer! :D

Just checking in. I haven't seen my length in three weeks and counting. I'm getting so excited. I think by December my hair will be longer and healthier.

Are you guys trimming at all?

With no heat and little manipulation I don't think I'll have split ends to trim, but my hair is uneven. Any suggestions?

Ms_Twana said:
Are braidouts and twistouts allowed, since they don't show our length??

Hi Ms Twana!

Yes braidouts/twistouts are allowed, try to pin them up into a cute updo...to gain the extra benefits of not having your ends exposed.

And Lucia was right, occasion passes are allowed for those that need them.

lana said:
Just checking in. I haven't seen my length in three weeks and counting. I'm getting so excited. I think by December my hair will be longer and healthier.

Are you guys trimming at all?

With no heat and little manipulation I don't think I'll have split ends to trim, but my hair is uneven. Any suggestions?

I'm glad ur doing well. No I haven't trimmed. I did trim a few weeks before I started this challenge. If you want to trim for eveness you can. Or you can just leave it (assuming you have no split ends), let it grow till December, since you don't have to wear it out anyway. Then in December see where you are and trim it off then.

HTH

BTW Ladies, I'm going to start a check in thread in a few days.

I am wearing a fall until August when I hit week 12 post relaxer. I will relax then wear buns, falls, and phony ponies until December. I think my hair is doing well, I need to keep up with my vitamins and regimen. I was in a weave for about 2.5 weeks but I took it out, it felt like my scalp couldn't breathe and I was unable to get to my hair the way I wanted to. After I took the weave out despite frequent washing and daily moisture there was a lot of shedding. :ohwell:

I just have to be patient, I guess

I ordered my phonypony 3 weeks ago Priority mail and I still haven't got it yet, I emailed and called, did you ladies have trouble with the site phonypony given @ the beggining of this thread?

Lucia said:
I ordered my phonypony 3 weeks ago Priority mail and I still haven't got it yet, I emailed and called, did you ladies have trouble with the site phonypony given @ the beggining of this thread?

Uh oh! I had no problems when I ordered from them. I'm sorry. I ordered from them over a year ago though, and haven't made another order since. I was planning to place one in a month or 2 though:( .

RabiaElaine said:
Hi Ms Twana!

Yes braidouts/twistouts are allowed, try to pin them up into a cute updo...to gain the extra benefits of not having your ends exposed.

And Lucia was right, occasion passes are allowed for those that need them.

Really. I didn't know pinning up a twistout/braidout was possible. Does anyone have any pictures?? After shrinkage, my hair isn't very long with a twistout/braidout. It comes to the bottom of my earlobe. Will I still be able to pin it up??

Also, I bought my first phony pony today. I am too excited. They didn't have the bun in my color. That's what I really wanted. And I plan to rock a fall/quick weave during this challenge too. I can't wait. This is an adventure for me. I've never done stuff like this with my hair.

I do have a question, though. As my friend and I were trying to match my hair color with the weave, I realized my hair is dull looking. We almost couldn't tell what colors match because my hair looked so dull compared to the weaves. Does this mean I need moisture???? Do I need to change my eating habits?? What does this mean???

Please count me in. I have been doing this since June. I am currently wearing a sew in weave. I'm excited about this challenge.:)

Okay ladies. I've been rocking braidouts or twistouts. Today is the first day that I attempted to do a phony pony. I washed my hair last night and did the baggie on my ends. Today, before I left out, I put on my little curly pony. Then at about 5:00, my head started to throb. This is exactly what used to happen on my lazy days when I didn't feel like washing my hair, and I pulled it up in a bun.

I have loosened the ponytail quite a bit, and my head still hurts. So, does my scalp just need to get used to it?? Or should I stop?? I also just realized my edges are breaking off a lot more than they need to be, so I'm kind of concerned about pulling it up now. What do I do??? HELP!!!!

Ms_Twana said:
Okay ladies. I've been rocking braidouts or twistouts. Today is the first day that I attempted to do a phony pony. I washed my hair last night and did the baggie on my ends. Today, before I left out, I put on my little curly pony. Then at about 5:00, my head started to throb. This is exactly what used to happen on my lazy days when I didn't feel like washing my hair, and I pulled it up in a bun.

I have loosened the ponytail quite a bit, and my head still hurts. So, does my scalp just need to get used to it?? Or should I stop?? I also just realized my edges are breaking off a lot more than they need to be, so I'm kind of concerned about pulling it up now. What do I do??? HELP!!!!
yea, your pony is too tight :( . Are you stretching? HaVe a lot of new growth that's making you pull it tight? I'd be careful pulling it too tight b/c that can cause breakag in the back.

Ms_Twana said:

I did this a few wks ago, I had my bun so tight that even after I took it out it was still hurting two hours later. I had to take a nap it hurt so bad. Now I dont make the bun so tight.

Well, I didn't think I was making it to tight. Apparently, my head thought otherwise. Well anyway, I just thought about something that I read from another post. Someone talked about how they used old pantyhose as ponytail holders. So, I cut off a little piece of one of my trouser socks and tried it. And it worked great. Right now I don't have the ponytail very tight. I just went around once. It feels good on my head, however I'm afraid that it's going to puff up around the ponytail because it is too loose. And I'm afraid that if I go around one more time, it will be too tight. I can't seem to find a happy medium.

Okay, I have an idea. Let's have Christmsa in JULY!!!

Oh my goodness. This is going to be so hard for me. Christmas is sooo far away. I've only had my hair in a bun for a couple of days, and I already miss my hair. I get the urge to wash it everyday, just so I can play in it. I think I'm ready to go back to my twistout.

Is anyone else feelin' me on this?? What are you ladies doing to "Hide Your Hair?"

Ms_Twana said:
Okay, I have an idea. Let's have Christmsa in JULY!!!

Oh my goodness. This is going to be so hard for me. Christmas is sooo far away. I've only had my hair in a bun for a couple of days, and I already miss my hair. I get the urge to wash it everyday, just so I can play in it. I think I'm ready to go back to my twistout.

Is anyone else feelin' me on this?? What are you ladies doing to "Hide Your Hair?"

Go ahead go back to ur twist out...just try pinning it up loosely into a cute style.

I'm rocking a weave to hide my hair...I don't miss my hair...this long thick weave is gorgeous (minus the tangling issues I've been having).

Back