My AWESOME Curlformer Results!! **Pics**

nicki6

Very nice!:thumbsup: Can you sleep comfortably in these?

I must be the only person that didn't like the youtuber's results?:nono: What was the point of all that and at the end pull/slick the majority of the hair back?:confused:

dlewis

How long does it take your hair to dry normally? It takes two hours for my hair to dry using the flexirods but if I can shorten the time I would love to get these. I'll prob get them anyway. YOU DID A GREAT JOB WITH YOUR HAIR.:yep:

I'll wait until I have a coupon or something before I buy them.

Tee

You and your hair are beautiful.

Ladykpnyc...Great video. I am such a visual person that I needed to see it done. Thanks.

sxyhairfetish

:nono: wow that dont make no damn sense how beautiful those curls are... natural and relaxed :( I dont want to buy them :nono: but the devil on my shoulder is speaking volumes and so are those pics! :cry3:You are gorgeous by the way.. *sniffle sniffle*

kandegirl

Your curls came out great!! I've seen these for a while in Sally's but stuck w/ Flexi-rods. I may have to check them off the next time I get a coupon and I just had a 15 % coupon for February.:wallbash:

Ms. Analeise

The Sally's where I am is selling a Curlformer kit. It includes 40 long and wide formers, 6 short and wide formers, and a hook.

Did anyone else purchase a kit? It seems most purchased things separately.

Also, about how many total formers is everyone using?

Thanks.

Last edited:

queen_t

I'll try to answer as many as I can:

JUST... beautiful! :love:
but wait a minute, you are 13 weeks post? and it looks so perfect?!:spinning:
did you straighten the front roots or did the curlformers smooth them down??

Yes girl, I haven't relaxed since the beginning of December. This is my usual "need-a-relaxer" look. These were taken earlier this week b4 the gym.

Oh my Gosh!!!! You just made them so much money by posting these pics. I simply love your results. OMG!!! Such pretty results on such a beautiful lady. BTW, what lipstick are you wearing? :grin:

LOL, it's MAC Nymphette, I absolutely love it!!

:grin:Queen T you go girl! Beautiful!!!

Thanks LadyK, your great tutorial inspired me :kiss:.

How long did this take to put in all those "curlers"?

It took me about two hours, only b/c I was learning as I went along. Then I ran out of Curlformers and had to get more. It'll probably be a speedier process next time.

Very nice!:thumbsup: Can you sleep comfortably in these?

Niki6, I think it would be easier for those w/ the shorter Curlformers to sleep comfortably. They're pretty light, so it could probably be done....I won't rule it out yet :spinning:.

How long does it take your hair to dry normally? It takes two hours for my hair to dry using the flexirods but if I can shorten the time I would love to get these. I'll prob get them anyway. YOU DID A GREAT JOB WITH YOUR HAIR.:yep:

I'll wait until I have a coupon or something before I buy them.

Thanks D, when I used to go to the salon....it would take about an hour - 1hr 15min for me to dry. I don't attempt to do the roller thing at home, b/c I get frustrated :wallbash:. That 15% off coupon sho did come in handy :yay:.

Your hair AND skin looks beautiful and your new growth grows in really nicely. I may have to look into these curlformers when I need to stretch. Thanks for sharing!

The skin compliments really do mean a lot to me guys, b/c I've struggled w/ acne for such a long time. Slightly OT, but I mentioned in a previous thread how the derm tried repeatedly to get me on Accutane, but I just knew there had to be another option (beside the antibiotics I was off & on).

Since November, I've used Alpha Hydrox Souffle at night and the Nourishing Cleanser to remove my makeup & it's truly given me the skin I've always wanted. It lightens my dark spot in such a short period too, which I just love!!! That stuff is seriously the BOMB and they'll forever be my Holy Grail products. No antibiotics, just two products.

Last edited:

Monigirl

The Sally's where I am is selling a Curlformer kit. It includes 40 long and wide formers, 6 short and wide formers, and a hook.

Thanks.

My sister didn't purchase the kit but she reccommends getting at least 40 curlformers.(4 packs, 8 in a pack)

Froggie08 purchased the kit. She said the the style lasted for about 4 days. 46 curlformers in the kit it's regular $54. The kit included 46 long and wide rollers and the crochet rod. http://public.fotki.com/froggie08/

Last edited:

queen_t

Thanks.

I didn't purchase the kit, only b/c I had no use for the short ones. I used 5 packs. There were 8 Curlformers per blue & green pack. So, I used 40 and some rods.

The hook costs $3.99 by the way.

MizAvalon

BEAUTIFUL!! :eek:

I need to stop playing and go ahead and get myself some of these. All the results I have seen so far are gorgeous!

queen_t

Lovely bun!!!!! You make me want to scream. You are so pretty (i love this style)

What I am shopping for today:

Curlformers (4 packs)

MAC Nymphette lipstick

Alpha Hydrox Souffle

Nourishing Cleanser

:grin:

Monigirl (and the rest of the LHCF crew), I'm soooo sorry! Making ya'll spend all this money this weekend! :wacky:

P.S. It's Nymphette Lipglass, not Lipstick :seesaw:.

apollo

Very nice. I am in Florida too can you do mine? You know you gotta hook a Guyanese sister up!! j/k :grin:
Alright ladies, here are some more impressive results from Curlformers. I have to say, they work WONDERFULLY!!! Salon quality results! At first, I had some problems, but once I figured out the technique.....it was smooth sailing. I initially bought 4 packs, but I have a lot of hair…so I had to send my mother on a mission for 2 more packs. Sally’s had 1 pack left (cuz I bought the rest the day before :)), so I ended up improvising with some orange rods that I never got around to using.

I used Lacio Lacio and water to set and after my hair was dry (30-45 min. under dryer), I used to ORS moisturizing lotion when I separated the curls (to add extra sheen). I’m 3c relaxed, and my hair reaches to the top of my bra strap. I’m currently about 13 weeks post.

I'm soooo happy b/c these are going to be awesome for stretching :drunk:.

Man, I hate the fact that these Curlformer people are gonna make some money off of us!!! :wallbash:

Rapunzel2B

Queen t,

I just saw the picture of you with the before gym ponytail. I just can't help echoing what the other ladies have already expressed. You are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Your hair is gorgeous, your skin, your brows, everything. I don't mind giving credit where credit is due. Thanks for being such an inspiration and model of our beautiful black women.

queen_t

Queen t,

I just saw the picture of you with the before gym ponytail. I just can't help echoing what the other ladies have already expressed. You are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Your hair is gorgeous, your skin, your brows, everything. I don't mind giving credit where credit is due. Thanks for being such an inspiration and model of our beautiful black women.

:blush3: Thanks ckachinski!!! You're too sweet.

:bighug:<-------- Big hugs to all you ladies for responding (lurkers 2, I see ya'll peeking in :) ).

Much love to all of you beautiful ladies for teaching me everything I know :).

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Queen, why you have to buy out the whole supply?:rolleyes: J/K:lachen: Your hair looks gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!:spinning: I have to get me some of these rollers. I've walked by them a million times, thinking it is not usable for my hair. Ohh, no...the PJitis just got awakened again. :drunk:

queen_t

Queen, why you have to buy out the whole supply?:rolleyes: J/K:lachen: Your hair looks gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!:spinning: I have to get me some of these rollers. I've walked by them a million times, thinking it is not usable for my hair. Ohh, no...the PJitis just got awakened again. :drunk:

Gurrrl, you know how we do it!!!! :lol: