Pre-Poo Through 2013 Challenge

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Microwaving Hair Therapy wrap for HOT/pre-poo with Kalpi Tone infused EVCO that I just finished applying to my scalp and hair.

Atdow71

I missed last weeks hair routine. This week ivernight pre-poo w/ tresseme naturals & castor oil over night. Steam 45 min.

Duchess007

Doing an overnight homemade cholesterol treatment. Will cowash with VO5 tomorrow morning and then band my hair to dry.

image-3923441911.jpg
image-1732334344.jpg
image-690762416.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
I have been pre-pooing for the last few hours with my last bit of ORS mayo, some honey, peppermint oil, and olive oil. Then I sealed with Belnouvo condish. I'm going to leave in for another hour before I wash it out.

Jobwright

NJoys mix on my scalp, AOHSR and EVCO on the length under a baggy, scarf and skully. I'm down for the night. So glad no work tomorrow!!!!!!

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
I did not prepoo last night because after I finished my dress it was 230 am and I was tired. So I jumped in the shower and threw some deep conditioner in .......BIG MISTAKE. My hair felt dry and little stripped. I won't make that mistake again

Jobwright

Jobwright how is the sunflower oil as a prepoo? I used it to prepoo and detangle dd's hair last week. It was awesome in her hair.

It was good. I used ALOT, especially on the ends, but my hair was not super oily in the morning, just wet from the bagging. It reminds me of grape seed oil but a little thicker.

Jobwright

I have been prepooing with almost every wash/cowash and I love it. But let me ask a somewhat dumb question....What's the difference in heavy moisturizing and sealing v/s prepooing?

DominicanBrazilian82

I have been prepooing with almost every wash/cowash and I love it. But let me ask a somewhat dumb question....What's the difference in heavy moisturizing and sealing v/s prepooing?

Pre-pooing prepares your hair for the stripping agents in shampoos. And if you co-wash, it gives added benefits and works well with the moisturizing agents in your conditioner; similar to putting oil in your DC. Extra moisturization!

Jobwright

Pre-pooing prepares your hair for the stripping agents in shampoos. And if you co-wash, it gives added benefits and works well with the moisturizing agents in your conditioner; similar to putting oil in your DC. Extra moisturization!

Thanks domincanBrazilian82. But is there a difference in the process? Or just heavier use of whatever one would moisturize and seal with?

DominicanBrazilian82

Thanks domincanBrazilian82. But is there a difference in the process? Or just heavier use of whatever one would moisturize and seal with?

Jobwright it's all relative to you. There is no right or wrong process. Heavier/Lighter, Thicker/Looser... If you wanna break an egg over your head before you shampoo, because that's what works for your head, then *joila* PREPOO! :grin:

Last edited:

Jobwright

I'm probably over thinking it. I will continue with what's working. That's NJoys mix massaged on the scalp, AOHSR on the length heavy, and sealed with EVCO heavy, baggy, skully, bed, wash/cowash in the am. Thanks dominicanBrazillian82.

Last edited:

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
Currently pre-pooing with olive oil, castor oil, and honey. I sealed it with my Shea butter concoction.

mshoneyfly

Prepoo'd with Hair Trigger with added garlic infused EVOO and wheat germ down the shaft and ends on dry hair. Hair was very soft. Let sit then added a mix of shikakai, tulsi, coconut oil and Tresemme Naturals.

TeeBee

Saying goodbye to my fabulous straight hair

image-2407139069.jpg

Actually, my hair didn't get that straight this time *shrugs* but I'm not gonna act like I didn't just have the best hair week ever. Buns and ponies were a cinch!
I figured I needed a pre-wash treatment, of the protein variety, and have just done the very thing I said I would never do. Put EGG in my hair.

image-2158164014.jpg

My mix consists of:
-2 tbsp Amla
-2tbsp Cream&Coco Eucalyptus Lemongrass Hair Honey
-2 tbsp Honey
-1 Egg
-1/2 cup Giovanni NutraFix Hair Reconstructor

image-2268831012.jpg

Letting this sit for an hr and some change. I'll holla!

YellowMellow

Jumped on the EVOO train. I let the oil sit under a baggy for about 20 mins with my scarf on. Then I proceeded to do an oil wash with it. It has improved my shedding problem! And my hair seems to have more shine! I'm really excited about my next wash day

natural_one

Overnight Pre-poo in right now..Ayurvedic oil mix (Almond oil, Vatika oil, coconut oil, alma, and brahmi ) and silicon mix dc, shower cap and a turban!

felic1

Saying goodbye to my fabulous straight hair

View attachment 224277

Actually, my hair didn't get that straight this time *shrugs* but I'm not gonna act like I didn't just have the best hair week ever. Buns and ponies were a cinch!
I figured I needed a pre-wash treatment, of the protein variety, and have just done the very thing I said I would never do. Put EGG in my hair.

View attachment 224279

My mix consists of:
-2 tbsp Amla
-2tbsp Cream&Coco Eucalyptus Lemongrass Hair Honey
-2 tbsp Honey
-1 Egg
-1/2 cup Giovanni NutraFix Hair Reconstructor

View attachment 224281

Letting this sit for an hr and some change. I'll holla!

Your hair looks lush and lovely!! Good Work!!:yep: