Relaxer Stretchers Support Thread

sharifeh said:
Nice
Your hair looks fabulous ? Is this a Bantu knot out? How many knots?

This is about 7 Bantu Knots. It was supposed to be an overnight prepoo with Trigger and SD Wheat Germ Condish. I knotted it to sleep and so the hair could stay moisturized overnight... But I had some running around to do, so I took it down and fluffed. I think the conditioner helped to give it a more crinkly look. Plus the shrinkage is real! It was cute :). Thanks ladies.

Last edited:
image-2594284908.jpg
Wen twist out...no other products, no leave-in, no gloss or oils just Wen. Love, love, love that stuff! It's a keeper!

DominicanBrazilian82 said:
Ooooh! Super pretty. I need to grab some of that 613 :)

That is a 15 week post twist out with very little shedding and I'm a shedder. So soft that I can't stop touching it!

going to try to stretch this thing out until the end of the year. i want to focus on my edges. i don't know how many weeks that will be. i believe it will be about 3 months or so. if my hair is doing fine, i'll try to go a little longer.

Cattypus1 said:
Nice stretch...secrets please.

Thanks! I've been PSing 97% of the time... buns until 16weeks then I got box braids for 6-7 weeks and now I am under a u-part which I will stay under until December... I don't usually strtch this long but I was toying with transitioning & decided against it. I am still 75%-25% on relaxing in this upcoming week ( 25% of me kind of wants to hold out until December... but 75% is over dealing with these two textures

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I relaxed this past Thursday ladies @ 20 weeks exactly :)

image-3744446161.jpg

I use Linange Lye and I realized tonight that my hair is texlaxed! I used Linange for two years straight a few years back. I then started using no lye relaxers again (Olive Oil and Mizani). They made my hair bone straight (and flat). So I started using Linange again when I relaxed in June and then again a few nights ago. I mistook my texlaxed hair for new growth as I got deeper in my stretch and only realized my hair is texlaxed tonight. The below pictures show my newly relaxed hair looking half-way natural :)

It was a lot straighter; however, I partied Friday night and sweat it out. My no-lye relaxed hair is still straight.

image-3883766939.jpg

image-1810800750.jpg

image-1962830744.jpg

image-3665558647.jpg

Last edited:
DominicanBrazilian82 said:
I relaxed this past Thursday ladies @ 20 weeks exactly :)

I use Linange Lye and I realized tonight that my hair is texlaxed! I used Linange for two years straight a few years back. I then started using no lye relaxers again (Olive Oil and Mizani). They made my hair bone straight (and flat). So I started using Linange again when I relaxed in June and then again a few nights ago. I mistook my texlaxed hair for new growth as I got deeper in my stretch and only realized my hair is texlaxed tonight. The below pictures show my newly relaxed hair looking half-way natural :)

It was a lot straighter; however, I partied Friday night and sweat it out. My no-lye relaxed hair is still straight.

I plan to use this relaxer in January when I relax. I just realized today when posting in another thread that I'm 17 weeks post. This is my longest stretch so far and I'm having no problems, which is why I think going six months will be a breeze (knock on wood). I just started a thread asking about tips for wigging it through winter because I'm thinking about doing it for the next couple of months.

Your post stood out to me because it made me remember that I when I relaxed after several years of being natural, it was with a no lye relaxer. I only used it once, but my hair was shoulder length. Since then I've been using Mizani BB, but I want more of a texlaxed look and I've heard some good things about Linage Shea Butter Lye. I hate my ends now because they're so straight and flat.

quirkydimples said:
I plan to use this relaxer in January when I relax. I just realized today when posting in another thread that I'm 17 weeks post. This is my longest stretch so far and I'm having no problems, which is why I think going six months will be a breeze (knock on wood). I just started a thread asking about tips for wigging it through winter because I'm thinking about doing it for the next couple of months.

Your post stood out to me because it made me remember that I when I relaxed after several years of being natural, it was with a no lye relaxer. I only used it once, but my hair was shoulder length. Since then I've been using Mizani BB, but I want more of a texlaxed look and I've heard some good things about Linage Shea Butter Lye. I hate my ends now because they're so straight and flat.

I really do like this relaxer a lot :). Many people are afraid of lye; however unlike others, my hair prefers it. Plus, my natural texture is very nice when wet or dry. So I like that my hair is texlaxed.

quirkydimples said:

I'm right there with ya at 16&1/2 weeks. I also use Mizani BB and I am texlaxed as of my last touch up in July. My ends are still straight but I do twist outs and use straws on the ends to create a spiral. My plan is to go 6 months which is around January 12th. I've already surpassed my longest stretch of 15&1/2 weeks. Wen is my GoTo for this stretch.

I'm right there with ya at 16&1/2 weeks. I also use Mizani BB and I am texlaxed as of my last touch up in July. My ends are still straight but I do twist outs and use straws on the ends to create a spiral. My plan is to go 6 months which is around January 12th. I've already surpassed my longest stretch of 15&1/2 weeks. Wen is my GoTo for this stretch.

Okay...

This confirms that you are my hair buddy...whether you like it or not. :yep:

Six months for me will be around Jan. 15

I'm not sure I'm going to do the wig thing I mentioned earlier. A very little bit of my nape area is now shorter than the rest of my hair. I'll try to post photos later. So, I thought the combination of dry air and high-necked sweaters might do even more damage; hence, the winter wig question. How do you keep your nape from suffering?

quirkydimples said:
Okay...

This confirms that you are my hair buddy...whether you like it or not. :yep:

Six months for me will be around Jan. 15

I'm not sure I'm going to do the wig thing I mentioned earlier. A very little bit of my nape area is now shorter than the rest of my hair. I'll try to post photos later. So, I thought the combination of dry air and high-necked sweaters might do even more damage; hence, the winter wig question. How do you keep your nape from suffering?

Love it! I'm in, buddy! I've never really had a problem with the nape area. I think it's because I have a giant cowlick back there...LOL...my hair grows up in the back instead of down. I really can't do wigs...bad experience with an afro, my grandmother and a little nappy-headed 10-year-old girl who shall remain nameless. My biggest problem is my crown...thickest part of my hair, extremely uncooperative and the first place I notice breakage. At least the nape can be covered up...a crazy crown is hard to disguise.

Cattypus1 said:
Love it! I'm in, buddy! I've never really had a problem with the nape area. I think it's because I have a giant cowlick back there...LOL...my hair grows up in the back instead of down. I really can't do wigs...bad experience with an afro, my grandmother and a little nappy-headed 10-year-old girl who shall remain nameless. My biggest problem is my crown...thickest part of my hair, extremely uncooperative and the first place I notice breakage. At least the nape can be covered up...a crazy crown is hard to disguise.

I've had the crazy crown in the past. Mine is really thick, too, so I just try not to be too rough with it. I recognize that I've been rough with my nape and haven't given it the lovin' it deserves. I just used the Mango Wen and once my hair air dries a little more I'm going to twist it for a twist out tomorrow. I just checked my Wen account and I have a bottle of Fig and a bottle of Pumpkin on the way. I've never tried either one, so I'm just tad bit excited. I have nothing but Wen on my hair right now and think I may copy you and only use it to see how my twist out likes it.

quirkydimples said:
I've had the crazy crown in the past. Mine is really thick, too, so I just try not to be too rough with it. I recognize that I've been rough with my nape and haven't given it the lovin' it deserves. I just used the Mango Wen and once my hair air dries a little more I'm going to twist it for a twist out tomorrow. I just checked my Wen account and I have a bottle of Fig and a bottle of Pumpkin on the way. I've never tried either one, so I'm just tad bit excited. I have nothing but Wen on my hair right now and think I may copy you and only use it to see how my twist out likes it.

I am a Wen girl for sure. I've only used the Sweet Almond Mint and I love this stuff. I can feel my scalp at 16&1/2 weeks which is not at all normal for me. I'm going on my third day of Sunday's twist out...a lady at work asked what I was doing with my hair today. Do you use the styling cream too?

I haven't used the styling creme. I think I still have it and the texture balm somewhere in my caddy. Maybe I'll try it tonight. I'm about to start twisting.

Morning update: My hair feels really soft, but not as moisturized as I like. I put some more Wen in my hair as a leave-in and then when it was almost dry, I used Sweet Almond Mint styling creme, which I didn't know was more like a gel. My twist out seems defined, but without the products I normally use (leave in, sealed with oil, then ecostyler) little wisps of hair are already separating from the pack.

Attachments

• 11-14.jpg
    11-14.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Photo on 11-14-12 at 7.16 AM #2.jpg
    Photo on 11-14-12 at 7.16 AM #2.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Sooo...maybe I was a little hasty in my judgement. It turns out the Wen Wen method (cowash & styling creme) really was a (pardon the pun) win win method :lachen:

:look: Seriously, though, with my usual method my hair would drop about an inch or so by the end of the work day. My hair hasn't dropped and I think those wispy pieces I mentioned earlier were just because my hair was a little too dry before adding the styling creme.

So thanks to my newfound hair buddy, I've got a new, simpler way of doing my twist outs...now I have to find something to do with the two gallons of Eco Styler I recently bought. I guess I'll use it up after I run out of the styling creme or when I bun.

quirkydimples said:
Sooo...maybe I was a little hasty in my judgement. It turns out the Wen Wen method (cowash & styling creme) really was a (pardon the pun) win win method :lachen:

:look: Seriously, though, with my usual method my hair would drop about an inch or so by the end of the work day. My hair hasn't dropped and I think those wispy pieces I mentioned earlier were just because my hair was a little too dry before adding the styling creme.

So thanks to my newfound hair buddy, I've got a new, simpler way of doing my twist outs...now I have to find something to do with the two gallons of Eco Styler I recently bought. I guess I'll use it up after I run out of the styling creme or when I bun.

Love, love, love! Glad it works for you...your hair looks great!

Just checking in...18 whole weeks post as of yesterday, officially my longest stretch ever and going strong! Wen-Wen twist outs are a win-win, how's it going #QuirkyDimples#?

Currently deep conditioning my 6 weeks post hair. Probably gonna do a protein treatment later in the week because my bday is on Thursday and I wanna straighten my hair when I go see Beauty and the Beast at the Fox Theatre on Friday

I'll be at 16 weeks post next Wednesday when I plan to relax.

Going to dc my hair tonight with Ors replenishing then moisturise hair and oil scalp which I don't normally do. It will be my last wash before relaxing so don't want to get the itchy head in between.

Almost six weeks post and so far my hair is doing well. I've been trying to find ways to make sure to keep my ng moisturized. I broke off a nice little chunk in my center during the last two weeks of my last stretch trying to comb it out. I had given up and said I wouldn't stretch that long again but I'd rather find a way to protect my hair and push for another 16 week stretch because other than that breakage my hair seems a lot healthier. I guess it's all trial and error until I find something that work for me. How do you guys make it through the end of your stretch?

Three weeks post tomorrow :yay: 17 weeks to go :no: LOL. My last stretch was twenty weeks and it was effortless. I have never intentionally stretched before but I really like it. I used AVG to prepoo from 12 weeks post on and my new growth did well. I think I will do an AVG prepoo right now before I co-wash and DC my hair.

I'm PS'ing until 12/31/12, and then every three months thereafter I will use direct heat. I do plan to rollerset, flexi set and wet wrap with a hooded dryer throughout my stretch. As I progress, I will probably just flexi set and Bantu knot-out because rollersetting with heightened roots will make me wanna flat iron or blow dry them straight :nono:

*peace sign*

19+ weeks post and going strong! Planning on the 6 month stretch ending in Jan (20th). My hair is in much better shape but it ain't pretty because my motherland hair is begging for some CC!

Almost six weeks post and so far my hair is doing well. I've been trying to find ways to make sure to keep my ng moisturized. I broke off a nice little chunk in my center during the last two weeks of my last stretch trying to comb it out. I had given up and said I wouldn't stretch that long again but I'd rather find a way to protect my hair and push for another 16 week stretch because other than that breakage my hair seems a lot healthier. I guess it's all trial and error until I find something that work for me. How do you guys make it through the end of your stretch?

Wen has been the ticket for me. I'm 20 weeks post today. I only comb my hair on wash days because I exclusively do twist outs. Depending on how crazy I sleep at night I could get 4 or 5 days out of my Twistout. After wash day fingers only! I have 6 more weeks to make it to 6 months--my longest stretch ever. My only other stretch was 16&1/2 weeks because I wasn't prepared.
I used Wen for the first time about a month ago and I'm sold. The product is amazing!

Wen has been the ticket for me. I'm 20 weeks post today. I only comb my hair on wash days because I exclusively do twist outs. Depending on how crazy I sleep at night I could get 4 or 5 days out of my Twistout. After wash day fingers only! I have 6 more weeks to make it to 6 months--my longest stretch ever. My only other stretch was 16&1/2 weeks because I wasn't prepared.
I used Wen for the first time about a month ago and I'm sold. The product is amazing!

You have to tell me how you get 4-5 days out of your twistouts! I can manage two at most. Instructions, please!

You have to tell me how you get 4-5 days out of your twistouts! I can manage two at most. Instructions, please!

Absolutely...
1. I use straws on my ends, largest circumference I can find, when I do my twist outs. I also use those metal clippy things at the base of the twist to stretch my hair in the twists since I'm so many weeks post.
2. At night I pull it all up into a single poof without too much manipulation using a large cloth scrunchie and cover my head with a satin bonnet.
3. In the morning, I take off the bonnet, take off the scrunchie and let gravity take over and use my fingers to rearrange the curls. Seriously, gravity does most of the work. Day 4 might be a little scary if I sleep like a wild animal...LOL
4. I don't apply any other products to my hair after wash day. It acts some kind of crazy if I do. That's it.

Wen does an awesome job of keeping my hair soft, shiny and touchable. It holds the curl like no other product, on wash day I'm washing out curls not the hard crunchy kind either.

Last edited:
Back