Shea Growth and Retention Regimen 2015

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Right now I'm using my shea butter to seal my hair 2x a week. I'm wondering if I should do 3x aweek. Anyway, tomorrow is wash day and I will be using the Shea Moisture Anti breakage hair masque with steam. I did this last week and my hair loved it. Only this time I'm going to follow up with a deep conditioner.

Duchess007

Sign me up! I've been using a whipped shea blend to seal for years.

My current mix:
3 c. shea butter, softened
1.5 c. coconut oil
1 c. cocoa butter, melted
1 c. mango butter
.5 c. murumuru butter
.5 c. cupuacu butter
.5 c. olive oil
.25 c. almond oil
.25 c. apricot kernel oil
.25 c. castor oil
.25 c. grapeseed oil
.25 c. jojoba oil
.25 c. safflower oil
.25 c. vegetable glycerin
2 T argan oil
2 T babassu oil
1 T coffee oil
1 T vitamin e
1 t tea tree oil
10 drops basil oil
10 drops lavender oil
10 drops rosemary oil
10 drops coffee essential oil

Last edited:

cherryhair123

Sign me up! I've been using a whipped shea blend to seal for years. My current mix: 3 c. shea butter, softened 1.5 c. coconut oil 1 c. cocoa butter, melted 1 c. mango butter .5 c. murumuru butter .5 c. cupuacu butter .5 c. olive oil .25 c. almond oil .25 c. apricot kernel oil .25 c. castor oil .25 c. grapeseed oil .25 c. jojoba oil .25 c. safflower oil .25 c. vegetable glycerin 2 T argan oil 2 T babassu oil 1 T coffee oil 1 T vitamin e 1 t tea tree oil 10 drops basil oil 10 drops lavender oil 10 drops rosemary oil 10 drops coffee essential oil
Wow...that there is a lot of ingredients I would need to buy that one premixed

Duchess007

Wow...that there is a lot of ingredients I would need to buy that one premixed

LOL. when I started making my hair products, I purchased a LOT of ingredients. When I run out, I will be simplifying all my recipes. For one, I'll be buying an oil blend (right now, it looks like it will be Africa's Best Herbal oil) and eliminating the glycerin. Also going to remove the murumuru and cupuaçu.

mayoo

I wanna join!
I just started using shea butter for my braid-outs. I won't be mixing mine and will use around 3x per week

imaginary

@imaginary,

That sound interesting. I've never layered over shea butter. I regularly layer over oils though.

I started doing it when I was running low on the SM raw shea butter DC and found it works for pretty much all the DCs I've tried it with :yep:. When I build up my oil collection I'm planning to branch out.

mayoo

This is a two-day old braid-out using my leave-in and shea butter

Attachments

• DSC_0169.jpg
    DSC_0169.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC_0170.jpg
    DSC_0170.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 110

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
I should be in this thread, since everything I've been using lately is shea based and working very well.

mayoo :drool: Where have you been?! New hair crush!

alex114

Hey everyone!
I use Shea Moisture's everything line LOL (I actually have products from 5 lines lol)
And I use Belle Butters Unyevu Butter and her Blackberry Sage Whipped Shea Bitter Mix to seal and deep condition.
As a low-manipulation, keeping cornrows in for 2 months at a time kinda girl, I'm interested to know how everyone uses Shea butter for their twistouts and braidouts? Like, at what point in the process do the products go in? (I always forget then add them, which makes my hair greasy :( cute, but greasy lol

Thanks!

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
I have been using a variation of oils and hey fran hey's shea based moisturizer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD0dKurholo

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
Today I used Tropic Isle Living JBCO Hair Food on twists and bunned

Using LHCF via smartphone. Can't see mentions.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Am I still able to join the challenge?

My main product has been She Scent It Seyani Hair Butter, and now I am sealed with Jakeala Shea Amla Parfait. My hair has been loving shea butter mixes since the summer.

alex114

Today I layered SM Raw Shea Deep Treatment Masque, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie and BB Blackberry Sage Whipped Shea Butter/BB Unyevu Butter, focusing on my ends. I currently have in a set of really small cornrows that I'm keeping in for 2 months. I only check the ends periodically to make sure they aren't knotting since they're so small, but so far so good! (They'll be in until March 8)

Babygrowth

Used my Shea Moisture JBCO leave in and Jakeala nappy butter today. Hair is sooo soft and awesome. I forgot that leave in had so much slip!

imaginary

Have been extra lazy with my twists, but back to spritzing with water, usign the SM JBCO leave-in and my shea butter mix.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
This week I used PuraBody Naturals Cupuacu Hair Butter and pure shea butter on alternate days.

Using LHCF via smartphone. Can't see mentions.

niknakmac

Yesterday I twisted my hair with my own shea vanilla lavender mix. It smells so good and my hair feels great. I was a little heavy handed so I don't think I will have to moisturize this week.