Shoulder/Armpit Challenge- 2005

MonaLisa

Hi Cookie:wave:

I PM'd you! :grin: Again, thanks for the compliment.

Aiiight.....It's the beginning of July....we are now entering Month 7 of the shoulder/armpit challenge for 2005!

My status...I'm at 10 weeks post...I'm maintaining...a lil breakage...but a mild protein should handle that. 6 more weeks at least until next touch up, which would be in August (I'll post progress pics). That would be the second t/up for 2005. The 3rd and last one should be at the end of the year.

I may or may not get a weave in the fall....I'm still iffy on that one. If I do...I will post pics on that as well.

Keeping it moisturized...trying to do as little with hair as possible.

Hope everybody is inching closer to their hair goal!!!:grin:

Count me in on this one! It will be my first challenge!! I am currently a tad past my clavicle, I hope I can retain my growth to achieve armpit legenth by December 2005! I will take shots this month and post!!

MonaLisa

SerenityBreeze said:
Count me in on this one! It will be my first challenge!! I am currently a tad past my clavicle, I hope I can retain my growth to achieve armpit legenth by December 2005! I will take shots this month and post!!

Hey SB:wave:

Welcome aboard!!!

When you have time...try to peruse the thread to get an idea of what's going on with everybody and how their taking care of their hair.

Look forward to seeing the pics!:)

MonaLisa

July, August, September, October, November......target month for goal: December 2005.

We can do it ...or at least get dayum close!

paradise224

Hi Ladies, I'm a newbie and im gonna tag along and let this be my first challenge, i'd like to be armpit length, or at least aim for it, but most of all I'd like to be breakage free!!! :) Good luck to everyone and congrats to all those who've made progress

Millahdoowop

I know that I'm heeella late, but I'm going to join the challenge anyway. I have faith that I'll reach my goal by December 2005 so I can bring in the New Year lookin fly. :yay:

webby

Think Slim
I think that I may reach armpit a little early. I think that I might be able to get there by Septemeber or October.

czyfaith77

Ladies, count me in too! Currently, I am in braids. I put my braids in Father's day weekend. I plan to keep braids up until the end of the year, so that will put me at 6 mos with braids. Which is fine because at this point I have only had my hair out of braids for only 2-3 months. I first put braids in last December 2005 and took them totally out Easter. I let my hair breathed and went back to them in June. I obtained and retain a lot of growth with braids and implementing the Crown and Glory method. I gained about 2.5-3 inches in those 3 months. I figured if I gain that much growth in three months, then what could be done if I kept braids in 6 months. We'll see. This is my first challenge. I am glad not to go at it alone.:)

Last edited:

MonaLisa

Hola Paradise!:wave:
Welcome to the board and to the challenge!

Aiiiight Millah! You and I are both shooting for December for the elusive armpit length!!!!

Webby!!!! For real?!! You grow girl!! Ya big show off! LOL! Good for you girl! Lawd, I really gotta catch up!

Hey Czyfaith:wave:
Welcome to the challenge! Following the Crown and Glory method seems to really be working for you! Congrats!

beloved1

I was inching for shoulder length by 12/05, I started off chin-length in 02/05, but I think I will be shoulder length possibly before then! I'll keep you all posted.

MonaLisa

beloved1 said:
I was inching for shoulder length by 12/05, I started off chin-length in 02/05, but I think I will be shoulder length possibly before then! I'll keep you all posted.

We'll be looking for year end pics! keep us posted as well!!

sweetpeadst

webby said:
I think that I may reach armpit a little early. I think that I might be able to get there by Septemeber or October.
I am so excited for you!!

Well we all know that I probably won't make it but I still will continue on this challenge!!

webby

Think Slim
sweetpeadst said:

Well we all know that I probably won't make it but I still will continue on this challenge!!

Awww thank you sis :kiss:
Ya know, if it wasn't for lkg and a few others, I would have cut it all off. I'm glad I didn't :)

MonaLisa

sweetpeadst said:

Well...if at the end of the year....you have healthy shoulder length hair....that's a great achievement!:)

NewlyNature12

I've been eyeing this thread for a while...I think I'm at the top of my armpit now, but I've be stalled there for a while. My goal is to be at the bottom of the pit by the end of the year. I need something to jump start my growth.

BMoreFlyy

Congrats beloved and webby. I'm really excited for you guys. I don't know where I'll be by December I'm about two inches from my brastrap right now.

Naijaqueen

I wanna join!! My goal is Healthy Shoulder hair by Dec 2005. At the rate I'm going I might pass it, cause all i need is like 3 inches to reach it :)

I'm using MTG and Surge
I started cowashing every day or every other day when I'm lazy, at night
I do braidouts while hair is still wet, use Salerm 21 as leave in, spritz scalp with Surge and massage mTG in Scalp, and then braid
Unbraid hair in morning, comb fingers through. That way I'm not using heat. No hat till my next relaxer.Just had a relaxer July 21, next one should be around Sep 21 or end of Sep.
I'm looking at maybe 2 inches by end of Aug, I'll keep u all posted!!

MonaLisa

Naijaqueen said:
I wanna join!! My goal is Healthy Shoulder hair by Dec 2005. At the rate I'm going I might pass it, cause all i need is like 3 inches to reach it :)

I'm using MTG and Surge
I started cowashing every day or every other day when I'm lazy, at night
I do braidouts while hair is still wet, use Salerm 21 as leave in, spritz scalp with Surge and massage mTG in Scalp, and then braid
Unbraid hair in morning, comb fingers through. That way I'm not using heat. No hat till my next relaxer.Just had a relaxer July 21, next one should be around Sep 21 or end of Sep.
I'm looking at maybe 2 inches by end of Aug, I'll keep u all posted!!

Welcome aboard Naijaqueen!:wave:
Yes, keep us posted.

Feel free to share pics when you are able!:D

MonaLisa

Man....we are nearing the end of July y'all!!!

We got the summer spurt range of August and September left....then the cold months of October, November....and our results month....December 2005.

Naijaqueen

MonaLisa said:
Welcome aboard Naijaqueen!:wave:
Yes, keep us posted.

Feel free to share pics when you are able!:D

Thanks!! I'm so excited. 2morrow I'm going to get one of those ponytail buns, and cornrow my own hair and attach it at the back. The next time I've my hair down wont be no time soon!!

pretty-girl#1

I think I'm gonna jump on the armpit challenge with the rest of you guys. I'll be quite satisfied with that. Current length is shoulder.

MonaLisa

pretty-girl#1 said:
I think I'm gonna jump on the armpit challenge with the rest of you guys. I'll be quite satisfied with that. Current length is shoulder.

Welcome aboard!:wave:

Happy Hair Growing!