**The '08 Vitamin Challenge**

hothair

For someone that was so consistent with my vits last year - I've seriously slacked off this year.

So back on it

I'm taking 2 multi one's a generic and the other is for hair skin (will check names and deets and post) with flaxseed.

I bought them so I won't have to keep popping so many different pills but I still have to take 5 a day! They do contain all the essentials inc biotin, MSM etc

AvaSpeaks

I will be starting my vit regime tomorrow.

Evening Primrose

Flaxseed

UltraNourishair

Biotin

All GNC brands!

In addition, I will start taking my Iron pills as well for my anemia. The Anemia contributes to slow or no growth for your hair, as well as shedding so I will be getting back on them on Thursday :work:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I couldn't update last night, these kids kept me BU-SY!! But I DID take all of my vitamins :yep:

I just took my morning dose

-MSM
-Bamboo
-Kelp
-Fast Grow

bellydancer

I take a prenatal. I take it every other day because it will make you constipated!!!! Trying to drink 8 glasses of water a day with it too.

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
Guilt made me open this thread.

I've been a habitual vitamin slacker, but I'm going to get it together.

I have regular multi-vitamins (day), vitamin E (day), and calcium (night). It doesn't make any sense for me to take additional hair vitamins if I can't the basics straight.

I only have the multi-vitamins at work, so I just took it. I may as well grab some extra water (yeah, been slacking on that too).

Last edited:

Monigirl

Oh yes! I am in.

My Daily In-take:
1 Omega 3 Fish Oil Tablet
1 Multi For Her by Nature Made
Drinking Some Acai Juice Every Morning (At the moment taking an Acai Tablet)
(Some Acai benefits: Slows down the aging process, Promotes healthier and younger-looking skin)

Last edited:

tiffers

This a challenge I can be apart of :yep:

I have the Nature's Plus Ultra Hair Plus vits (pills) 30 day supply because they didn't have the Ultra Hair Thick Shake. Once these pills run out I will be back on my shake. Also will be adding Hubner Silica gel after I finish these pills.

1 pill at 11am

I was JUST eyeing that shake on Lucky Vitamin! Does it taste good? How long till you saw results from taking it? How much growth do you get? How long does the jar last? What's your mama's maiden name? :lol::

Guapa1

LOL @ what's your mamas maiden name.
I've got some flaxseed oil in the house that I got in a meetup swap. I thought I'd try to take a spoonful today. :nono: It was disgusting! I'll stick to my fish oil pills thank you very much.

All pills taken for the day!

tiffers

LOL! Thanks for answering! That shake sounds good, but I need growth, I have enough thickness. I forgot to ask about that silica gel, where'd you get it? Is it pure silica, and you just mix it in a drink or something? Is it derived from bamboo or horsetail? How much do you have to take a day? Does it taste gross? What's the last 4 digits of your social security number? :rofl:

tiffers

I just took my afternoon dose

-MSM
-Fast Grow

I have to cut back to one bamboo a day cause my stash is running low, and I have to order some more

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
All I Take is:

":grin:I'm a Flintstones Kid"!
and at least three times a week I take iron and calcium pills!

Last edited:

MzOptimistic

I'm in....

Biotin (1) 5 mcg
Nioxin (1)
Viviscal (1)
B-5 Complex (1)
Flaxseed (2) 500 mcg
Gueye (1)

Going to order some Silicia soon

ETA: Okay, we have until April 7th to decide right? I have way more vitamins than these but I want to cut down because I'm trying to lose 4-5lbs by the summer and some of these pills cause weight gain or make it tougher to lose weight, so I"m going to pick the best 3-4 pills. I'll narrow it down by the 7th and let you know:)

Last edited:

AnewWay

I'm all in for this- I been natural for 2 yrs & still dont have the results I want- so I'm taking the right approach- inside out -

Demi27

Count me in.

I'm taking:

Multi-Vitamin
GNC Ultra Nourishair
Biotin 2500 mg
Iron 18mg
Zing 50mh
B-50 complex

This also will help me up the water intake. :grin:

Demi27

LOL! Thanks for answering! That shake sounds good, but I need growth, I have enough thickness. I forgot to ask about that silica gel, where'd you get it? Is it pure silica, and you just mix it in a drink or something? Is it derived from bamboo or horsetail? How much do you have to take a day? Does it taste gross? What's the last 4 digits of your social security number? :rofl:

:lachen::lachen:

amwcah

I want in, but where can I purchase the Bamboo Silicia?

Flaxseed Oil 1000mg 3x per day(this is the difficult one)
Super biotin 500mg 1x per day
Horsetail 500mg 1x per day (until I get my Bamboo)
Women's One A Day 1x per day

Last edited:

tiffers

I want in, but where can I purchase the Bamboo Silicia?

Flaxseed Oil 1000mg 3x per day(this is the difficult one)
Super biotin 500mg 1x per day
Horsetail 500mg 1x per day (until I get my Bamboo)
Women's One A Day 1x per day

I get my bamboo from www.luckyvitamin.com. I did a yahoo shopping comparison, and they have the cheapest bamboo :yep:

I chose babmoo over horsetail because I've read on numerous occasions that bamboo contains way more silica than horsetail. I think the percentages are: bamboo 70% silica, horsetail 7% silica :eek:

moonglowdiva

I took them all. I don't forget. My health is too important.:grin:

ETA: I have a soy protein shake mix that i am going to include in about 2 weeks.

Last edited:

tiffers

I'm :lachen: that someone 1-starred this thread!!!

Anywho, I took my last dose

-MSM
-Biotin
-Fast Grow

amwcah

I get my bamboo from www.luckyvitamin.com. I did a yahoo shopping comparison, and they have the cheapest bamboo :yep:

I chose babmoo over horsetail because I've read on numerous occasions that bamboo contains way more silica than horsetail. I think the percentages are: bamboo 70% silica, horsetail 7% silica :eek:

Thanks Tiffers! On my way to order...