Vitamin Challenge 2011

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Missed my vitamins for the day yesterday but made sure to take both the morning and evening ones today.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Guess I should have been in this challenge:

I am taking:
Nioxin hair vitamins (1x daily) - Morning
Biotin - 5000 mcg (1x daily)
MSM - 2000 mcg (1x daily)
Omega 3 + Vit D3 - 2 pills, 1x daily
D3 - 5000 mcg, 1x daily

multi-vitamin (1x daily) - in evening

Vit C - 1000 mcg a pill

Aireen

UPDATE: Still taking my cod liver oil, multivitamin, silica, and hair & nails pill. Not sure how it's affecting my hair growth but all together my nails are becoming STRONG.

SingBrina

Stills taking my nioxin two times a day, it has been two weeks.... Not sure if there are results since my hair is in a weave.....

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

Clubfoxxy

This is what I take every day.....

Alive multi
1 tablespoon Bee Pollen granules
3 Nioxin
3 Garlic (500mg each)
3 Biotin (5000mcg each)
5 MSM (1000mg each)
1 Iron (65mg)
2 Stress B Complex With Vitamins C

I was already taking everything else, but i started taking the nioxin this past week- now I have little tiny new hairs sprouting up all in my hairline!! (this is my main problem :-( )

25Nona

Hi everyone it has been a minute since I checked in but I've been takin my vits on a regular.

Saga

The Generous Queen
Been taking chlorella inconsistently, gonna try and step my game up. I am also adding a few more vits to my list:
-One A Day adult Gummies
-Emergen-C MSM ,1000 mg

Took my vits today (for the most part, taking chlorella and the rest of my msm tonight)

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Been slacking a bit and missing my vitamins a day here and there. Also been lax with my water intake and smoothies. Time to get back on track. :)

Anaya-Amani

I added a new vitamin today, Smoothie King has a Hair Skin & Nails vitamin. I've been doing a great job taking my vitamins daily!!!! I'm hoping to see a difference in my hair growth in the next few months.

"...Forgetting what is behind and looking forward to what is ahead,..."
Philippians 3:13

Anaya-Amani

I had to post pics!!! This is from
June:

This is today:

morehairplease

^^^great progress! Do you mind me asking how much do you pay for the Smoothie King vitamins?

thanks in advance for you response,
tishee

Anaya-Amani

^^^great progress! Do you mind me asking how much do you pay for the Smoothie King vitamins?

thanks in advance for you response,
tishee

$20 a bottle; the daily dose is 2 but, I only take one a day.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I've been slacking on my vitamins and I can SOO feel it...off to take them now and hopefully get some energy:look:

Seamonster

Prenatal vit for health
hair and nail vit for hair and nails
whey for health
saw palmetto for hormones
maca for hormones
kelp for iodine
b complex, cq10, vit e, calcium for health

25Nona

Haven't checked in here for a while, I slacked for a bit but was able to pull myself up by the boot staps and get back on track...

Seamonster

Maca balances female hormones, and increases fertility, it is good anytime we are under stress, had a baby, or have PMS. The side effects include increasing bust size, and hips.

Aireen

Slacking hardcore, I took a few weeks off my vitamin kick. Probably like 2 weeks I'd say? My multi-vitamin is done so I have to pick up some tomorrow. I'm starting back on track today since I have enough of my multi-vitamin for 1 more dosage. :yep:

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
How is every doing so far?
I'm taking my vitamins more consistently and have been setting so fitness goals for myself. Trying to come up with a meal plan because my current diet is awful and all over the place. I need more protein in my diet so the shakes and smoothies will be a big help.

Seamonster

Added chlorella to my mix, I think it makes everything work better, I am bad about eating so the extra nutrition really helps.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Haven't been taking my vitamins but I have been good about drinking green smoothies each morning. It gives me tons of energy and tastes good too. Here's the one I make now, it makes about 16 oz of smoothie and is. much more simple:

Ingredients
1 cup Soy milk
1/2 cup Açai juice
1 serving green super food powder
1 serving whey protein powder
1 scoop Hemp seed/flaxseed oil (for omega fatty acids)
1 scoop Coconut/olive oil (for healthy fats)
1 handful of spinach
1 Banana

Combined ingredients in blender, blend into a smoothie, add some ice cubes and drink to your health. :)

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Today is the last day of the challenge! I hope everything went well and you all saw the results you were hoping for. :)