THE BRAID IT UP 2011 CHALLENGE -anyone?

bibirockz

Sorry for being MIA... but I've been so busy lately. On a lighter note I BC'ed!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm weaving my hair up tomorrow though. But it's such a relief detangling and dealing with only one texture. :yep:

Ladybelle

My sister is getting married in March, I'm her Matron of Honor and she insist that everyone's hair is down for her wedding. Now, I planned on keeping my hair in braids for the whole year with two week breaks. I had NO intention of straightening my hair at all and now my sister feels she has the right to tell me to do so for her wedding??

I don't think that's right.

bibirockz

Here's my new full head install. How's everyone doing?

Attachments

• full head weave remy.jpg
    full head weave remy.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 38

Ladybelle

Me too, I got my box braids in on December of 2009. I haven't taken any breaks and have been wearing braids now for one year and one month. I intend to wear braids until the end of 2011 or June of 2012.

the more the merrier!
I would like to join this challenge pls. I braided all last yr and would like to continue this yr for 2011. Thanks:grin:
welcome to the challenge!

lushcoils

I'm switching from braids to wigs, so I'm not sure if I can join the challenge, but I'll be watching from the sidelines! Goodluck everyone.

Jozze

I'm switching from braids to wigs, so I'm not sure if I can join the challenge, but I'll be watching from the sidelines! Goodluck everyone.
There's no reason to watch from the sidelines as you can still wear your hair in cornrows under your wigs. I think wigs are a great PS and an easy way to do the C&G method and I'm definitely going to try it out sometime during the year!:)
Aw thank you :bighug:! It's such a breeze I hope it stays for 8-10 weeks :pray:

I bet will last up to twelve weeks because you have bangs but I wouldn't recommend leaving it in longer than eight weeks because of matting and dryness issues, which could cause you to lose all of your progress. :nono:

Anyways, it really looks so beautiful and natural on you...I'd never known it wasn't your real hair...just the right thickness and texture. I love it!:D
Did you do it yourself?

Luvmycurl

Hey ladies! One more day til the weekend!!!! :yay: This week has been tough for me with school and work. But anywho on to the real problem, I have had the crochet in for about 2 weeks and its starting to get frizzy. It's synthetic so I didnt expect for it to last for 6 weeks but I didnt think it would look like this in only 2 weeks. I put a bonnet on every night. I'm wondering if I could put some type of product on my hair to stop the frizzes. Right now im just trimming the hair to keep it neat. If any of you ladies have any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

bibirockz

I bet will last up to twelve weeks because you have bangs but I wouldn't recommend leaving it in longer than eight weeks because of matting and dryness issues, which could cause you to lose all of your progress. :nono:

Anyways, it really looks so beautiful and natural on you...I'd never known it wasn't your real hair...just the right thickness and texture. I love it!:D
Did you do it yourself?

You are too kind Jozze! I will definately leave it in 10 weeks max I'm itching to take it out already:look: Thanks again. At the bolded, girlllllllll I've never weaved myself in my life lol my older sister did it for me. She wanted to make it natural looking not wiggy I'm glad it worked lol :yep:

MeowMix

Just checking in. This week I did a brahmi and amla paste while in my cornrows. It made my scalp feel really good and my cornrows seem firmer. HHG ladies.

Phaer

I am not sure which challenge I still need to post starting pics in so I am posting pics in all of the ones that I am in. I am sorry if I added pictures already, but you can take these as my 3 months post bc update , I can tell that I have some growth because my undetangled (tangled?) afro his bigger than before. The first two pictures are from 10/06/10 when I BC and the other two are from yesterday.

Attachments

• pv1.jpg
    pv1.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 26
  • pv5.jpg
    pv5.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 25
  • pv9.jpg
    pv9.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 25
  • pv10.jpg
    pv10.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 25

Luvmycurl

I took down my crochet braids this weekend. Detangled,shampooed with GVP Tea Trea and dc with Lustrasilk Cholestorol w/shea butter for about 2hrs. Im currently wearing a wig I purchased Friday. I like the look its very similar to my crochet. I didnt want people at work and school to see a drastic change.

Legally Natural

Check in. My hair is in braids. It has been in braids since I got back to school, so about 2 weeks. They were in twists at the beginning of the year. I plan to re-do my braids mid-February. I cowash Wednesdays and Fridays (even though I did co-wash today). I do my full poo, DC, and all on Sunday. HHG everyone!

motherpopcorn562

Ugh. Took my braids out and hennaed, trimmed and conditioned. I feel so naked without my braids lol. Seems like my hair grew about 1/2 an inch, but not sure.
Havent had a chance to reinstall because of classes and work, will shoot for wed.

Keep it up ladies.
:)

Sweet_Ambrosia

Hi all!

I made a few minor tweaks in my hair regimen, I decided to braid my hair up under my half-wig(s) instead of twisting it, my hair lays down better as well as my wig. I started off first with large chunky braids (without extensions) mid last month, it works fine but I had to redo them each week which I didn’t feel like doing. The longer my hair gets the more ‘hair lazy’ I get, so I opted towards smaller individual braids this week, I made about 20 of them this past weekend, I’ll keep them in for the next 4-5 weeks, then break for 2 weeks and start the process back again. I’m loving this coz it’ superrrr easy. I’ve tried the C&G method plenty of times over the years, but I didn’t stick with it long-term because I get bored easily when it comes to wearing the same hairstyle over and over again. By adding half-wigs into regimen and breaking for 2 weeks by wearing a different hairstyle other than braids it greatly lessens the boredom and it makes it easier for me to stick with, I will stick with this long-term until I reach my ultimate hair length goal of tbl, even after then I still may stick with it cause it's just soo easy and it works. :grin:

~HHG~

Carisa

Checkin in! My hair is still in cornrows and will be for 2 months straight from jan-march and then I will redo them and leave them in for 8 weeks again from march-may. In may I will decided whether to relax or continue to strectch in cornrows

Ladybelle

checkin in! I'm still wearing my kinky twist & will take them out in a week or two. I'll probably buy a lace front wig to wear for a couple of weeks before my next braid install, I like to let my hair rest a minimum of two weeks between braids.

ojemba

checking in.

I got an weave installed yesterday after wearing half wigs (with plaits under) for 4 weeks. I'm hoping to keep this install in for 11 weeks. I will spray my own hair with my african royal, aphogee vitamin leave in, infusium and sulfur 8 mix 3x a week. I will aply bee mine 2x a week and co-wash my scalp about every 2 weeks.

Hopeing to gain 2 inches and retain every milimeter of it.

Misseyl

Checking in.

I rebraided my hair on February 5th. I've been wearing braids w/out breaks since December of 2009. I have almost 10 months left. I'm planning to have it relaxed in December of 2011 or June of 2012. Can't wait. The only saving grace right now is the fact that I don't need to do my hair everyday for work.

OsnapCnapp!

Checking in! Put in box braids on the 8th and they are already fuzzy, lol. I don't know what to do. I can not cornrow! But, I will see.

Freespirit02

I'm late..but I'm on it. Doing the Crown and Glory method..slightly modified. Instead of leaving hair out for two months..probably will leave out only a month..and I will still probably be doing a protective style.

Reason: Because if I leave my hair out at this length I will continue to come it..and I need this puff to GROW
Current length: about chin length. Goal length for this year:close or maybe shoulder length..long term: As long as it can get lol
Oh I'm natural. Braids were installed Feb 16 Will take out April. 16. Leave out for a week or so..putting in layers of cornrows for about three to four weeks.

Ladybelle

^^ I don't go two months between installs either, I go two weeks & so far my hair has not suffered from it. I did the C&G method modified to go from el to SL with no problem.

I still haven't taken my braids out from my 1st install, they are now 2 months old. I have
to take them out this weekend!

Freespirit02

^^ I don't go two months between installs either, I go two weeks & so far my hair has not suffered from it. I did the C&G method modified to go from el to SL with no problem.

I still haven't taken my braids out from my 1st install, they are now 2 months old. I have
to take them out this weekend!

Maybe when my hair get to the length where I can put a comfortable ponytail/bun, I will do the two month break. But for now..my hair will be braided.

Luvmycurl

Checking in!:wave: I got my sew in the other day and love it. This is the first time I spent a little more than usual on my weave and I'm 100% satisfied with the results. I plan on keeping the sew in for 12 weeks. Before the hair was sew in I sprayed my cornrows with African Royale. I plan on shampooing every other week. I would like to apply another moisturizer on my scalp but I dont know if it will cause the weave to look oily. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Legally Natural

Checking in. We have winter break here at the law school so I will be re-doing my braids this weekend. It is so time too! I have so much new growth I can't even see the parting anymore and it just hit 1 month. It's never been like that before, but I am not complaining.

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
NO more wigs! I've lost my interest in them.

Anyhoo...I did my first set of mini twists on the 13th. They are AWESOME! Why didn't I do this sooner? Everybody likes them. So, I'll probably rock out like this for a while...hhhmmm...I wonder how long they'll last...

sj10460

Don't Come for me unless I send for you!
For those that do senegalese twist, have you notice a difference in hair growth versus micros? Are senegalese harder to maintain and do they last as long? I'm thinking about getting some installed this morning for the first time