The person with the longest hair in my family is _______________ length.

The person with the longest hair in my family is ___________ length.

• Ear

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Neck

Votes: 10 1.1%
  • Chin

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Shoulder

Votes: 127 14.0%
  • Armpit

Votes: 166 18.3%
  • Bra Strap

Votes: 192 21.2%
  • Mid Back

Votes: 156 17.2%
  • Waist

Votes: 148 16.4%
  • Tail Bone

Votes: 72 8.0%
  • Beyond Tail Bone

Votes: 31 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trenise

I have a 1st cousin with very thick heathy midback length hair. Hers is the longest and used to be much longer before she cut it and started getting relaxers. Then there is my mother who is APL.

Two of my cousins(who are sisters) are full waist length, but they did it ole school, no growth aids, no deep conditioning, both are relaxed, and it took them about five years or more to grow their hair that long, and plus their mom do their hair....so they have it made.....

SmilingElephant

I'm the one with the longest hair in my immediate family.....and yes its always been that way.

But in my extended family I have an aunt....by marriage...who was i believe waistlength...but her hair is falling out now...due to her age. I also have some cousins who have APL to Midback length hair.

Mo96

In my immediate family (aunts, cousins, etc), I would have to SL. Oh, and that would be me and my grandmother!

blue_flower

On my dad's side of the family the majority of the females have long hair. The textures range from 1a-4b with mainly 3's. I have an aunt who has 1a waist length hair. There was a lot of racial mixing on that side of the famly and it still continues. Now on my mother's side. . . I'm the only one who has long hair.

Dymmeonds

My mom has waistlength hair that she absolutely does NOT take care of...She has always had the longest hair out of all of her sisters. I had midback length until 10th grade when my mom told me my hair was my beauty...so being rebellious I shaved it off into a ceasar....:wallbash:

Muffinz05

The person or as I may say people who have the longest hair in my family is me and my cousin and my cousin is a male. Both of us are MBL when straightened but he got me by an inch or so.

Digital Tempest

Well, it was my grandmother on my father's side with TBL hair, but since she's deceased, it's my cousin on my mother's side. Her hair is in the 3a-3bish range and it's around WL. She recently trimmed, so she may be a tad bit shorter than WL now.

Denise11

It has always been me and my relatives are obsessed with my hair. They monitor everything I do to my hair. It can get annoying sometimes. My hair stays between APL and BSL. It is APL right now because I had stopped taking care of it at all before I found this forum. You all have helped me so much. I had problems with dryness (probably because I wasn't moisturizing), but not anymore thanks to you guys. I had never heard of sealing before lhcf.

Last edited:

melodies815

I already answered this poll some time ago (can't recall when) but I recently measured my DD's length and took a shot of her hair. She didn't pull it all the way down, but she is between waist and tailbone length. I don't know how she pulled that off with all the beautifully nappy women in my family, but she gives me encouragement (and jealous heebies sometimes too! :wallbash:)

But I am happy for her. I KEEP her hair in braids or some other updo. I didn't realize that I was protecting her length when I started taking care of her hair, but I KEPT moisture in, washed everu week, and put in NO heat before she turned 4 years old. Even now, I rarely do heat in her hair.

Now that she is getting older, I am going to do Sabino Moisture Block to teach her how to wear it down and curled with safety. I pray that she watches amd is careful when her ends show stress and her hair does not seem as strong....

Sorry for the long reply.
I want her hair.... (pics in my Fotki)

cj

melodies815

that would be me and my mom....both just past shoulder length...sad but true.

Don't say that....makes me sad but not because of the length....just because of the lack of knowledge.

Personally, we've (women in my whole family!!!) only had a little lower than neck length until my daughter was born (b/w WL-TBL stretched, a bit shorter than BSL unstretched.) I don't know what made me instinctively take great care of her hair and not do the same for my own. :wallbash: I had locs when she was born, so it didn't occur to me to do the same thing with my hair at first I guess....

Unless we've been taught, we have NO CLUE we can grow long hair.

Shoulder length is amazing, and I am so happy for you! It's wonderful progress!!! I am just about full SL for the first time in my adult life and am so afraid to take my hair out of twists just to look at it because I can't believe it!!! :lachen: lol I think I will gain the courage by February - or maybe even mid-January. I can't stand the suspense!!!

I want APL by July. lol I will pass out if it happens...

CJ

godzooki

My 3 yr old son:perplexed. He had waist length hair but we just trimmed it to mid back...
On average, hair in my family (sisters, cousins and such) is below shoulder. A few apls mixed in (me included). I hit bra strap once but lost it due to damage:sad:.

SEMO

I probably have the longest hair in my family (when it's straightened). It's a little longer than BSL. My mom hasn't seen my hair straight in years and when she saw a pic of it straightened (for my fotki) she honestly thought I'd had some weave or a fake ponytail put in. My hair before LHCF was usually a little longer than shoulder length. It's definitely the longest its ever been now.

MsOmri

My sister... it's b/t mid back and waist length. Very thick and she can go months without a perm. Barely does anything to maintain it and it's beautiful, so imagine what it would be like if she had LHCF and stopped trimming. I'm next, but I have serveral inches to go.

Nenah

I have the longest hair in my family. My hair is brastrap or mid back length. It was my daughter. Who had mid back thick full hair!!!! But she decided that " Mommy, I'm getting to old for you to do my hair".:wallbash::wallbash: So now she has hair between her shoulder blades and thinning quickly.:nono: She will be back:yep:

manegoal

Currently, My aunt, her ponytail looks like chicoro's. She is relaxed.
Back in the day my cousin was natural waist length until she started taking care of her own hair. She's thin shoulder length relaxed now.

Miamori

I think it may be me. :look:

I'm SL... between SL and APL...

OH NO WAIT

It's my mom.

I keep forgetting because I am so accustomed to her having short hair.

She is an inch or two longer than me. Also in between SL and APL. She just relaxed 1.5 weeks ago. She'd been natural for... I dunno... 5 years? She shaves her head/goes natural or relaxes (in other words, she switches things up) frequently, so it wasn't her first time being natural in adulthood.

MrsMe

My crazy cousin whom I haven't seen in years, had BSL natural hair. Iy grew like weeds and she barely did anything to maintain it... It might be longer now.

exubah

My mother (who is 5' 9") has the longest hair in my family at MBL............it was WL at its longest but she cut back and is maintaining at MBL (it's very fine and not dense at all). Her hair is also relaxed and ALWAYS in a ponytail and mostly in a bun. She is also probably 4a/b. My maternal grandmother and my youngest aunt do have a looser grade of hair 3a/b maybe looser but they are between SL and APL.