W"HIP" Length 2012 Challenge!

bebezazueta

PeculiarDaye hey! 2011 I trimmed a lot of the layers away like 4-6 inches so I've been at MBL for a while but I should reach blunt WL by December. Excited!

bigbrowneyez beautiful curls & growth! I probably said it before but it deserves praise again! Keep it up lady!

LaVgirl you are past that tiny waist of yours lady! Can't wait to see your straightened hair. Good job!

Ms. Tiki

Ladies, would you mind if I join this challenge? My ultimate goal was WL but not I want to grow to WHIP so my hair can be WL unstretched. I have 2.5 to get to WL so I'm think I can make WHIP by the end of the year if I stay away from the scissors.

regina07

hey y'all - I used a brazilian keratin treatment last week, hoping to reduce some poof and frizz in my hair for the summer. While it was flat ironed, I did a 1/2 inch trim.

After my 1st wash since the BKT, my hair is curly (supposed to be straight but I'm ok with it), soft and feels moisturized. I'm happy that there's minimal frizz, breakage and shedding.

This will work for me for summer wng. My hair tolerates heat really well so I'm not concerned about flat ironing at 450 once a month for the treatment.

Hope everyone's hair is growing like weeds!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
hey y'all - I used a brazilian keratin treatment last week, hoping to reduce some poof and frizz in my hair for the summer. While it was flat ironed, I did a 1/2 inch trim.

After my 1st wash since the BKT, my hair is curly (supposed to be straight but I'm ok with it), soft and feels moisturized. I'm happy that there's minimal frizz, breakage and shedding.

This will work for me for summer wng. My hair tolerates heat really well so I'm not concerned about flat ironing at 450 once a month for the treatment.

Hope everyone's hair is growing like weeds!

regina07

No pitchas? :look:

Bun Mistress

I went to the salon today for a hair cut. Pre trim I was at waist length in the back the shortest layer was at my collar bone. After the trim my hair is at W L at the longest layer the rest is full M B L. The shortest is below my chin. I haven't had a hair cut in years or a good flat iron. I didn't realize how long my hair was.

So I made W L length. I'll grow it out over the summer but it gets to be a pain to style now. So I'll probably cut it again at the end of the year.

Last edited:

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I did a co-wash yesterday and took a quick pic of my progress since December. It actually looks like I could make W"HIP" by years end..oh yeahhhh.....:bouncegre

I've been lurking in WL2012 more so than here. I figured one step at a time but since I'm close, hheeeeyyyyy! :woot:

bigbrowneyez

Congrats pre_medicalrulz!!! Absolutely beautiful!

As for me, its update time :-D. I'm 8weeks post relaxer. I blow dried my hair last night, no flat iron. I think I'm about waistlength tho I won't claim anything until my relaxer in August. I should pick up another inch by then. Then hopefully whip by September or October.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-613690777.jpg
    image-613690777.jpg
    482.8 KB · Views: 102

Guinan

Re-Branding
Congrats pre_medicalrulz!!! Absolutely beautiful!

As for me, its update time :-D. I'm 8weeks post relaxer. I blow dried my hair last night, no flat iron. I think I'm about waistlength tho I won't claim anything until my relaxer in August. I should pick up another inch by then. Then hopefully whip by September or October.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Wow your hair is gorgeous too! You look WL to me:yep:

Ms. Tiki

I'm 12 weeks post and tilted in the pic. I flat ironed last night and my longest layer is less than 1" from WL. Sorry about the spray on the mirror. I'm a lil heavy handed:lol:

bebezazueta

Ms. Tiki said:
I'm 12 weeks post and tilted in the pic. I flat ironed last night and my longest layer is less than 1" from WL. Sorry about the spray on the mirror. I'm a lil heavy handed:lol:

You better WERK! Congrats lady! Looking really good!

Sorry I been neglecting y'all. I'm on my weight loss journey! 40 lbs down & 30 more to go! LIVE STRONG!

Ms. Tiki

NJoy Thanks! I'm going to use my split-ender in a bit when my stomach stops acting crazy. It's funny to have my hair in a ponytail and it's pass BSL. I still feel like my hair is short

Ms. Tiki

:lachen: NJoy I tilted my hair back and went maybe not WHIP. Maybe I'll go for HL. Umm...the Mr. put the brakes on any thoughts of cutting so I might as well let it keep growing:yep: