Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

DVAntDany

Trepadora is lighter in texture but great for smoothing and humidity. It also gives an added shine on top of UFD and/or ICH.

ICH is the heavy gel that comes in and smoothes and weighs down the hair after UFD is applied.

ICV is like a light liquid serum type gel. It has hold and gives me elongation a bit with my curls than if I just used UFD and ICH solo.

The Trepadora I'm saving more for warmer weather and it's humid out. I can

Honestly, judging from your pics, please don't go out and buy all these gels. I would love cheaper alternatives. I agree with @faithVA you might not need much. I have a hair buddy whose hair looks similarish to mine in curl size but her texture is a lot silkier all over, she uses UFD alone and gets great 1 week wash n go's.
Thank you so much for that. My inner product junkie has a few words for you about trying to stop me.

I do want to give the A’s methods a real go at some point and see what the hype is of these products. They seem to have so much confidence in them. I was going to try and find the travel size of what they said and give it a few tries. Especially with the stylers.

faithVA

@faithVA Dang it, every time I edit it totally disappears stuff. I’m going to try your mirror tip. I’m just scared it’s going to drop and have glass everywhere.
My mirror has a hole in the handle. I take a shower hook and hook the mirror through it and then hang the shower hook up. I actually had an extra shower hook.

You need a spray that says it helps with residue or rinseless showers or something like that. Just try things you have around the house. One of those might work. I bought something then I realized the spray I bought from Target worked just as well.

faithVA

Trepadora is lighter in texture but great for smoothing and humidity. It also gives an added shine on top of UFD and/or ICH.

ICH is the heavy gel that comes in and smoothes and weighs down the hair after UFD is applied.

ICV is like a light liquid serum type gel. It has hold and gives me elongation a bit with my curls than if I just used UFD and ICH solo.

The Trepadora I'm saving more for warmer weather and it's humid out. I can

Honestly, judging from your pics, please don't go out and buy all these gels. I would love cheaper alternatives. I agree with @faithVA you might not need much. I have a hair buddy whose hair looks similarish to mine in curl size but her texture is a lot silkier all over, she uses UFD alone and gets great 1 week wash n go's.

I agree. You should just use what you have and master your technique. Your hair probably needs 1 gel. And as the A's say, only add a 2nd gel to solve a problem (humidity, hold, etc).

Work on your technique versus trying to find the perfect product. But if you just trying to be a product junkie, well can't stop you there.

faithVA

Thank you so much for that. My inner product junkie has a few words for you about trying to stop me.

I do want to give the A’s methods a real go at some point and see what the hype is of these products. They seem to have so much confidence in them. I was going to try and find the travel size of what they said and give it a few tries. Especially with the stylers.

I think the A's like the products they do because they work on a wide range of heads. UFD works on hair that is wavy all the way to small coils like mine. That cannot be said for a lot of products. Because of your curls, it is very possible you aren't going to notice any difference. If you had 15 products before you, probably 8 to 10 of those products would work for you. If I had those same 15 in front of me, I would be lucky to have 1 or 2. As beauticians they love products with range so they can address whomever walks in the door.

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
What dryer did you get?

I’ll get back to your question about the conditioners when I try more. I can tell you stay away from Cantu. LOL
Thanks! I got this one because I was looking for a large hood so my WNG wouldn't get smushed. It claims to be the largest hood available.
Screenshot_20210305-175316_Chrome.jpg

DVAntDany

@
Thanks for sharing that. My stylist is really gentle as well. She just does her thing and before I know it she is saying its time to go under the dryer :shocked: I usually have missed the entire CCS running my mouth. I need to pay attention to the brush she uses. She finger combs mostly.

I love the cut and how it looks dry. So much volume which makes it look longer than it is.

I noticed how she separated the curls. A nice idea but I don't have the patience. What I found interesting is how she draped that styling coat over the dryer. First time I have seen that. I may try something like that over mine to see if it helps my hair dry faster.

I saw something else too but I have forgotten now.

But I saw how she is using the brush. Was good to see it.
Some people asked and she said to be careful not to cover the motor on table tops. It works better for salon style dryers.

GettingKinky

What moisturizing shampoo are ya'll using?
I down to my last of Elucence moisture balance and I'm looking for something very similar. Sad they went out of business. I've been using their shampoos for years. I could Innersense color awakening but it doesn't give me the same feel at all. I use AG Balance as my all purpose and I love that, but if I wash my hair more frequently I like to have also a moisturizing poo on hand.
I‘m still working on my liter bottle of Elucence moisture balance shampoo. When I run out - maybe in 2022 I want to try Bekura fatty coconut. Aeleise has said she likes it, and it’s black owned.

DVAntDany

@toaster How big is that mirror? I see so many different options. I’m not sure which one to try.

@faithVA I actually don’t have anything lying around the house. Less than 3 months ago all I owned was a single hair tie, a satin pillow case, and 6 bottles of shampoo. 3 of them are Dr Bronners and I mainly use them for other things because I didn’t like it as shampoo when I washed with it. The D4 brush I just bought, I used twice and gave it away. *It’s D4 & D7 w/9 rows.

I don’t have any styling tools including a hand held mirror. When I said I did nothing to my hair, I literally meant it. Lol

Last edited:

DVAntDany

Thanks! I got this one because I was looking for a large hood so my WNG wouldn't get smushed. It claims to be the largest hood available.
View attachment 469955
That makes sense to get a large one. I’m probably going to look into getting that one too if it’s cheaper than the one Rhonda suggested.

DVAntDany

I think the A's like the products they do because they work on a wide range of heads. UFD works on hair that is wavy all the way to small coils like mine. That cannot be said for a lot of products. Because of your curls, it is very possible you aren't going to notice any difference. If you had 15 products before you, probably 8 to 10 of those products would work for you. If I had those same 15 in front of me, I would be lucky to have 1 or 2. As beauticians they love products with range so they can address whomever walks in the door.
You all are probably right. This is just for the first time in my life, without chemically altering my hair, that most products seem to do something other than look white in my head and flake off. I don’t know how long this will last. It may or may not be permanent.

Britt

Rightttt!
I remember their video in the digital salon when they broke down topper gels. So helpful. Aishia's hair is coarse and dense, she said she goes to town with ICH whereas Aeliese prefers to use a VERY tiny amount and preferred ICV for her hair. She said ICV gives her noodle looking hair and she likes that finish whereas Aishia didn't. I liked ICV over my ICH b/c I see how it makes my wash n go hang a bit more and gave that extra protection on top of ICH. So far, I can't just use UFD and ICH.. unless I want to redo my hair in 4-5 days lol. It frizzes faster. If I didn't care about that, I'd just use UFD and ICH.
I‘m still working on my liter bottle of Elucence moisture balance shampoo. When I run out - maybe in 2022 I want to try Bekura fatty coconut. Aeleise has said she likes it, and it’s black owned.
thank you :yep:
note to self.
I have the liter size of Elucence clarifying and moisture poo. That clarifying ain't go nowhere no time soon but my moisture poo is almost finished. Gonna try the Bekura next.

Britt

If you really wanna try their products, I'd go with a small ICH, ICV and UFD. I say both ICH and ICV b/c I want to hear how you like them compared to each other. I don't think you need both, but I'm curious to hear your experience b/c one is a heavy gel and the other like a liquid serum consistency gel.

DVAntDany

@Britt

See they still refer to the digital salon and the book, but I’m not sure if it is the same thing as the digital resource/see some curls course. All I saw was a quick over view of what’s at the back bar as Aishia briefly talked about what they used at the salon.

I’m going to listen back through it again, but uh I was kind of lost on which to really choose from their explanations.

*Editing to say, that they did discontinue the digital salon and ebook. I officially found some people saying that. The current library is not set up in the order of the old courses. They show the old courses’ table of content and how long each section is. Only those who registered to them (when it was open) have access to them still.

Ok, Im am no longer confused. What I’m currently watching may be newer content. Everything is titled and timed very differently.

Last edited:

DVAntDany

If you really wanna try their products, I'd go with a small ICH, ICV and UFD. I say both ICH and ICV b/c I want to hear how you like them compared to each other. I don't think you need both, but I'm curious to hear your experience b/c one is a heavy gel and the other like a liquid serum consistency gel.
I don’t need full bottles of anything unless I truly love them. So I see you alls point, but I don’t mind trying up some small bottles. I wash my hair frequently enough that I’m making dents in products.

Plus whatever my hair dislikes, my mom’s hair loves. If push comes to shove, I’ll give them to her.

Britt

@Britt

See they still refer to the digital salon and the book, but I’m not sure if it is the same thing as the digital resource/see some curls course. All I saw was a quick over view of what’s at the back bar as Aishia briefly talked about what they used at the salon.

I’m going to listen back through it again, but uh I was kind of lost on which to really choose from their explanations.
I found the digital salon videos to be most helpful. There were a ton of them breaking down different shampoos, conditioners, and toppers. Check out the YouTube videos also, there's a ton of gems in them if you're interested. I remember watching a lot of the youtube videos and just learning and then I decided to join the digital salon.

DVAntDany

I found the digital salon videos to be most helpful. There were a ton of them breaking down different shampoos, conditioners, and toppers. Check out the YouTube videos also, there's a ton of gems in them if you're interested. I remember watching a lot of the youtube videos and just learning and then I decided to join the digital salon.
I think they made the changes this year. There was a 2021 vid where Aeleise kept correcting herself to call it a digital library instead of a community. I don’t see where it is interactive except for the 10q area.

Also, I see people from December still talking about how they bought the book.

How far back do you think I should go with the videos month or year wise?

GettingKinky

So far, I can't just use UFD and ICH.. unless I want to redo my hair in 4-5 days lol. It frizzes faster. If I didn't care about that, I'd just use UFD and ICH.
I can’t get UFD/ICH to last more than 4 days either. I’ve tried IP as a topper and I wasn’t a big fan so I still have a ton of IP

I think jello shot is a winner for me. I can get 6 days to a week. It’s going to make me hair lazy and skip my mid week wash most of the time.

faithVA

I swear I don't feel like doing anything today. But I have to color and then CCS. I'm going to actually try to sit under a dryer today :look:

But before I get started, going to get on this bike. I have gotten so fat. Yesterday, I put on some jeans and could barely bend my knees. :shocked:

GettingKinky

Are there any other botanical gels that have the hold that Jello Shot has? I love the definition that I get from gels like Curl Maker and UFD, but they have a soft cast for me. Which I don't always mind, but I definitely want to find more gels that last the whole week.
Earthtones natural max gelly is glycerin and aloe based. It’s supposed to have strong hold. @toaster has used it.