Weave It Up Challenge 2010

JerriBlank

Curly weave wearers,how often are you guys having to detangle your weave,if at all.
This weave will be coming down if it turns out to be more work than my real hair:nono:

Just checking in. I've attached pics of my current install. Extensions Plus relaxed 10 & 12". I have a U shaped section of my hair left out (I'm 100% natural) and it matches great. Easy to maintain as well. I've had it in for 5 weeks alreasy and I plan to keep it in for 12 weeks. I wash it about every 2 weeks. Not sure if I can make it that long! The pic of me outside is my own hair, pressed. Love reading all the updates -- very useful tips. Happy hair growing everyone.

Attachments

• sandra partying!.jpg
    sandra partying!.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 81
  • pressed hair.jpg
    pressed hair.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 70

Adaoba2012

Curly weave wearers,how often are you guys having to detangle your weave,if at all.
This weave will be coming down if it turns out to be more work than my real hair:nono:

I detangle mine once to twice a week. I put some vo5 moisture milks condish on it in the shower and just kinda finger comb/separate. I don't think I've tried to run a comb through it though. The finger combing seems to work enough so the curls will remain somewhat defined. HTH.

Boujoichic

Ok so I am out of my install until Tuesday. The last time before I got my hair done I confessed to my stylist that I was going natural and she offered to trim a little more than usual of my relaxed ends. I said okay but that I didnt want them all taken at one time. Well I uninstalled and I know my hair grew a lot because I could slide all my fingers under my install in the back but I cant really see any progress because basically my relaxed ends are gone stylist got a little scissor happy but I cant really complain this was my goal I just got here 5 mos sooner than anticipated ( I intended to transition for 18 mos). I lost so little hair to shedding that its crazy less than the size of a coin ( I wonder if its because Im pregnant). My hair itself I find fascinating I am definitely 4a\3c. What is strange is my 3c is in the kitchen its in the back of my head its just as silky as it pleases and hangs lower than the rest of my hair where my 4a curls tight and I get major shrinkage. Im still trying to get a pic before my next install but I dont have anyone to take it from the back.

Sade'

Just checking in. I've attached pics of my current install. Extensions Plus relaxed 10 & 12". I have a U shaped section of my hair left out (I'm 100% natural) and it matches great. Easy to maintain as well. I've had it in for 5 weeks alreasy and I plan to keep it in for 12 weeks. I wash it about every 2 weeks. Not sure if I can make it that long! The pic of me outside is my own hair, pressed. Love reading all the updates -- very useful tips. Happy hair growing everyone.

Natural Hair Princess this is very pretty. Who installed it for you? Can you alternate your parts? Also did you have it cut and styled or just left the length the way it was?

MRJ1972

I am late checking in and I dont have photos -:look:

BUT, I have my third install of 2010, using extensions plus relaxed texture

This hair mimicks my natural hair perfectly, it's just a lot of work...

I will keep this install until the end of September....

Hoping for health and retention with my natural hair by the end of the year :yep:

Sade'

I am late checking in and I dont have photos -:look:

BUT, I have my third install of 2010, using extensions plus relaxed texture

This hair mimicks my natural hair perfectly, it's just a lot of work...

I will keep this install until the end of September....

Hoping for health and retention with my natural hair by the end of the year :yep:

I just ordered some more EP hair. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Nothing else matches my hair at all. I have attempted the Indian Remi and its gorgeous. But it just does not blend well.
I tried femihaironline.com but the shipping was a mess and I never got the hair so I had to get a refund last week. I should have just stuck with Old Faithful EPRT. I am dying to get my hair done.
If all goes well I will be posting pics this weekend.

Please post pics if you can. What length did u get?

Last edited:

MRJ1972

I just ordered some more EP hair. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Nothing else matches my hair at all. I have attempted the Indian Remi and its gorgeous. But it just does not blend well.
I tried femihaironline.com but the shipping was a mess and I never got the hair so I had to get a refund last week. I should have just stuck with Old Faithful EPRT. I am dying to get my hair done.
If all goes well I will be posting pics this weekend.

Please post pics if you can. What length did u get?

I know that everyone is tired of my same ole song :lachen:...But I dont know how to download pics from my camera onto the pc and then onto this website...My teenaged daughter acts like she cant be bothered :rolleyes: because she said it takes too long, but she can post her personal pics on FB....BUT ANYWAY LOL.... I will show her this post and hopefully she will take some pics for me and post them...

I got 14 inches...I love the hair also!!!! It's currently in a ponytail...I live down south and this humidity is no joke for my hair and the extensions plus.

Sade'

I know that everyone is tired of my same ole song :lachen:...But I dont know how to download pics from my camera onto the pc and then onto this website...My teenaged daughter acts like she cant be bothered :rolleyes: because she said it takes too long, but she can post her personal pics on FB....BUT ANYWAY LOL.... I will show her this post and hopefully she will take some pics for me and post them...

I got 14 inches...I love the hair also!!!! It's currently in a ponytail...I live down south and this humidity is no joke for my hair and the extensions plus.

Lol its cool I understand. I actually know how to download pics but I am just TOO lazy to do it. :spinning:
Anyway did you cut the hair at all or left it at 14 inches? If not, how does it lay without being cut?

Natural Hair Princess this is very pretty. Who installed it for you? Can you alternate your parts? Also did you have it cut and styled or just left the length the way it was?

Hi Sade'

thanks for the compliment. I live in NY but actually had it installed in Miami. the stylist actually braided my hair vertically as opposed to a circular pattern which is what I usually get, but it works fine. I can alternate the part but I normally just keep it parted in the middle. I left the length as is, no cut or style, with the 10 in. pieces on top, 12 in. on the bottom. Just flat-ironed it straight. I love the ends uncut -- looks very natural.

Sade'

does anyone here know if extension plus ship to europe? uk specific.

thanks xx

From their website:

"On-Line orders can only be placed for Domestic Orders (USA only).
For International Orders, please call (818) 881-5611.
We can not ship to a Post Office Box. We do not ship to FPO/APO addressees.
We do not provide Saturday delivery. We do charge Sales Tax in California.
Most orders are shipped within approximately 2-3 business days.
However, some orders may take a few more days to ship due to the complexity of the order."

http://www.extensions-plus.com/

MRJ1972

Lol its cool I understand. I actually know how to download pics but I am just TOO lazy to do it. :spinning:
Anyway did you cut the hair at all or left it at 14 inches? If not, how does it lay without being cut?

It was definitely trimmed a bit...I have been flat ironing and wrapping at night, so it lays pretty good...Havent worn the hair in it's natural state- it's really big!

MsRR

Question, is there anyone else doing weave as a protective style and doing a BKT treatment ...just wanted to know when you take your install down after you detangle and shampoo are you dong a BKT treatment on your hair before doing another install or just leaving the hair that will be braided along. Thx. Any help is appreciated.

Boujoichic

ok so I finally have my pics of my natural hair I came out of my last install on 07\16 so my start pic is a little late I went back in the install 07\20 looks like I still have a ways to go to APL because I was transitioning and doing mini chops this length shot is the Best I could do taking the pic myself and Im pretty pregnant and unwieldly. Also discovered that it looks like I am 4A toward the front and 3C toward the middle and back

Last edited:

panamoni

Haven't checked in since I signed up for the second half. I'm doing well. I took down the install and had a new install done in June, which I love. It's very curly, but can be straightened. There's a pic of the back in my siggy. I'll post more when I can resize pics.

Aveena

Bobraz 1b 12" cut into bob

I used 1 pack and split the tracks

I left the edges out and "u" shape in the front/top left out as well....

Last edited:

polished07

For the record I will never ever never use bss store hair again, I needed to change my sewin up because I wanted something straight and blunt for jazzfestival here in Cincy, so I go and buy some cheap bss hair bc I was only planning to wear it for about 3 wks and this hair is shedding allll over the place, its everywhere its Dreamweaver and it costs 100 buck less than what I normally get so what did I expect, Im so self conscious of it, I cant wait to get back to work because Im definitely splurging on me some Brazilian hair next time, but for now Ill go back to my belove Miami Ripple in a few weeks, gonna tuff this out bc my bf loves it straight ;-/ Heres a pic of my hair the first nite I loved it, now not so much.

Tiye

For the record I will never ever never use bss store hair again, I needed to change my sewin up because I wanted something straight and blunt for jazzfestival here in Cincy, so I go and buy some cheap bss hair bc I was only planning to wear it for about 3 wks and this hair is shedding allll over the place, its everywhere its Dreamweaver and it costs 100 buck less than what I normally get so what did I expect, Im so self conscious of it, I cant wait to get back to work because Im definitely splurging on me some Brazilian hair next time, but for now Ill go back to my belove Miami Ripple in a few weeks, gonna tuff this out bc my bf loves it straight ;-/ Heres a pic of my hair the first nite I loved it, now not so much.

Bad wefting can happen to all kinds of hair not just bss - in many cases you can salvage it by sealing it. I sealed some outre perm yaky that was coming off the weft in handfuls - then I sealed it and now it is barely shedding. This was an experiment but at least I know it works.

I want some of the hc miami ripple.

pureebony

hey girls, im having major issue with my hair, currently im in a full head.

ok so my issue is leave out hair, i gym 3-4 times a week and i need a hair weave that can withstand this, and my hair is of the fluffy kind, and i have coils rather than curls at the front so what weave could i get to work with my hair drama!?!!!!???

i was thinking halleys curls natural at the front and all about my hair remy kinky curly...

i dunno im stuck!?!?!

loulou82

/\ I remember a post on here about a new kinky-coily hair that's a great match for 4 A/B hair. I can't remember who it's by though. Perhaps RHO? I have AAMH in and to blend I either co-wash and use gel or do a twist out in the front. I'm riding hard with this hair and have re-used it 3x's so far.

pureebony

thanks loulou, im stuck cuz i dont know which one to buy, AAMH, RHO, HC natural, OR MANE DEPOT- ediese said it was great, do you have pics of yours!?