Weave it Up Challenge 2012 (6 Month Edition)

beana

GoingBack

I have owned 5 bundles from Jace Beauty hair ranging from medium-very coarse, all the hair I've ever received from her has been top quality and FARRRR better than any BSS brand hair (not knocking BSS at all) but considering what this hair costs, top quality is to be expected. I do not experience more than a strand or two per day, the wefts are very strong and well done.

There is no tangling with this hair either. Its very low maintenance and even poofs up a bit with humidity which is good for me because my own natural hair poofs.

The good:
great quality hair
very realistic and believable texture
I can tell it will last a looonnnggg time
The hair is very clean and healthy when you receive it, she has excellent quality control

The not-so good:
The wait time for this hair is very long approx 6 weeks
There is no guarantee the hair you receive will match your texture (no company can guarantee this) but it can be disappointing especially after waiting almost 2 months for your hair. the owner does attempt to match your texture but it all depends on what she has in stock at the moment

Final thought:
This hair s worth every penny and more. I recommend it to anyone who likes premium hair extensions

polished07

scarcity21 said:
Looking good...details pls?

Hey thanks this is aliexpress.com hair queen hair products is the vendor and the closure is by sunny may wigs I have 3.5 bundles and a 3x 4 lace closure all hair is brazilian and closure is behind mg hairline

lexxi

So for now in not in the weave challenge I'm giving my sides a rest I think til after my vacation in oct which ends on the 19 I believe . Unless I can find a away to sew down a 3/4 wig and a closure and still make it look real but I've never dealt with closures so I dunno how. This hair I ordered for my bday was a fail so I dunno what ima do but for now I'm busy all the time and my hair is braided to the back in two braids. Here are some old photo from the last install. All pictures was of the same hair and last pic is of a curly twist out non blown out hair so shrinkage was at the max lol

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-3867431277.jpg
    image-3867431277.jpg
    493.2 KB · Views: 92
  • image-1958854678.jpg
    image-1958854678.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 88
  • image-4251145027.jpg
    image-4251145027.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 90
  • image-3350692648.jpg
    image-3350692648.jpg
    487.7 KB · Views: 101
  • image-152981838.jpg
    image-152981838.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 100

AudraChanell

I weaved my hair for the first time in AGES a few days ago.
Here's my review of the hair ... me likey

http://www.youtube.com/user/audrachanell

Last edited:

polished07

AudraChanell said:
How long do we have to wear the weave and are there any special rules?

This is a 6 month challenge it ends in December you don't have super long breaks in between take downs and just keep hair hidden reveal is at the end of the year hth!

polished07

So this is how I'm rocking my hair I hope it lasts for 3 weeks I'm on week 2 now. I was inspired by Rihanna's recent short cut and I love it! This is a wig Molly by its a weavecap I got it from hairwigharlem.com
It's so easy and carefree definitely love this wig!

I'll be rocking my bangs again for the remainder of the year using one of my closures and my last batch of Brazilian hurr my weave inspirations are below along w my current style ;-)

Attachments

• image-4033352964.jpg
    image-4033352964.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 72
  • image-3185661560.jpg
    image-3185661560.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 68

polished07

Oops here's how I want my next install to look when curly/wavy and straight

Attachments

• image-3066187554.png
    image-3066187554.png
    69.3 KB · Views: 48
  • image-4133113489.png
    image-4133113489.png
    113.7 KB · Views: 43
  • image-2294488563.png
    image-2294488563.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 45
  • image-3230980935.png
    image-3230980935.png
    105.3 KB · Views: 46

camilla

Here are pictures of my last three installs i self install I always use a net

Attachments

• me8.JPG
    me8.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 74
  • me3.JPG
    me3.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 73
  • me1.JPG
    me1.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 87

SkySurfer

New install! I kept my last one for 4 weeks, and the take-out went beautifully. I straightened my own hair for a few events after, and got lots of rave reviews on my hair haha! But I hate people touching my hair. -_-

I am planning on going at least 6 weeks with this install, and I won't straighten next time, I will just detangle and bun upon take out.
Here we go!

ms.blue

I have had my install for 2 weeks now and i simply love it but i want to install a closure soon so i don't have to deal with leave out.

Attachments

• 20121002_082238.jpg
    20121002_082238.jpg
    527.9 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

cherishlove

Although it's already October I'm in. I'm weaving up my hair until the new year. Who knows I may keep it up until spring of next year. I'm game for it. I'm not too crazy for having my hair out in the winter time.

ms.blue

camilla, my closure is coming this week. It is custom made with the hair i have installed already but i won't be able to get my hair redone until next month.

msbettyboop

I'm not a part of this challenge but i have a weave question i hope someone can help me with. I recently bought AAMH kinky curly but it's a dark brown color. Since I will be leaving some hair out, I will have to dye it. I also intend to seal it, wash and condition before installing. My question is in what order is best to do this, color - wash - condition - seal wefts or in another order? I've done some research but still can't find definitive information. Anyone got any info on this? TIA.

kandegirl

I'm not a part of this challenge but i have a weave question i hope someone can help me with. I recently bought AAMH kinky curly but it's a dark brown color. Since I will be leaving some hair out, I will have to dye it. I also intend to seal it, wash and condition before installing. My question is in what order is best to do this, color - wash - condition - seal wefts or in another order? I've done some research but still can't find definitive information. Anyone got any info on this? TIA.

msbettyboop, I would seal the wefts before doing anything. Wait a few days then do your shampoo, color and conditioner.

Love718

soldier4hair said:
I have velvet remi in my hair and although it does look real it looks boring any ideas on how to spruce up my hair.

soldier4hair

When i get bored of hair i usually throw some flexirods in there or use the curling wand

cherishlove

Great idea I will do this weekend. I Am very hair lazy. I work out a lot and I don't do much to my weave but where it in a ponytail. It looks exactly like my hair.

ms.blue

msbettyboop, I assumed that the wefts weren't split. In that case, seal both sides twice before washing/conditioning or any other chemical service. Since I don't split my wefts, I seal after I do wash/con.

cherishlove

I'm so tired of this velvet remi. I'm thinking I'm going to change my install early and put this bohyme hair in. Trying to last at least until the first. I don't do my own sew ins so that's the other challenge the girl I go to in Detroit charges a 100 and does a good job because I have so much hair. If I could find a college student to do it that would be even better or someone that charges much less but does a great job.

Attachments

• image-3162257137.jpg
    image-3162257137.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

polished07

How do you ladies prep your hair for a weave? I'm wondering if I want to try something new I normally focus on moisture moisture moisture but I shed alot in the fall wondering should I do a garlic treatment this time