Weave it Up Challenge 2012 (6 Month Edition)

Oneprettypa

soldier4hair said:
I'm so tired of this velvet remi. I'm thinking I'm going to change my install early and put this bohyme hair in. Trying to last at least until the first. I don't do my own sew ins so that's the other challenge the girl I go to in Detroit charges a 100 and does a good job because I have so much hair. If I could find a college student to do it that would be even better or someone that charges much less but does a great job.

I usually pay between $150-200 so $100 is too bad, but when I get tired of my sew in or I want to stretch if a few more weeks I go and get it cut into a cute bob. New style, same hair... Just a suggestion! :)

How do you ladies prep your hair for a weave? I'm wondering if I want to try something new I normally focus on moisture moisture moisture but I shed alot in the fall wondering should I do a garlic treatment this time

The night before I'll wash with a clarifying shampoo, protein treatment, dc, evco for my leave in then air dry.

cherishlove

Oneprettypa said:
I usually pay between $150-200 so $100 is too bad, but when I get tired of my sew in or I want to stretch if a few more weeks I go and get it cut into a cute bob. New style, same hair... Just a suggestion! :)

I was thinking that exact same thing. I'm going to do that. I do miss my bohyme. That will be my next install.

cherishlove

I washed my hair and did it myself and actually like it. Maybe I'm getting better at this.

Attachments

• image-2232411114.jpg
    image-2232411114.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 83

polished07

Kay my little 2 week hiatus is up! Here are the specs:

Hair : Upart wig Brazilian natural wave vendor is Queen Hair product (this is my 2nd batch Juan can do no wrong in my eyes ) 3.5 bundles 16,20,24 inches
Closure: ONYC Indian closure 14 in cut (1 yr old and its not worth the price IMO i like my closure from Sunnmae wigs 100x better

Y'all know I'm not shy was just making a silly face I sent this pic to my HG!

Attachments

• image-1589740962.jpg
    image-1589740962.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 59
  • image-3964504205.jpg
    image-3964504205.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 59

cherishlove

I made it guys 6 weeks and it is so time. I'm treating my hair it needs it bad!!!!!! I did a oil treatment. Before i reinstall the weave i will be doing a protein treatment. Back in a weave in a week in a half. :).

My next install will be my used Bohyme. I may reinstall in a week or two.

Last edited:

cherishlove

polished07 said:
Kay my little 2 week hiatus is up! Here are the specs:

Hair : Upart wig Brazilian natural wave vendor is Queen Hair product (this is my 2nd batch Juan can do no wrong in my eyes ) 3.5 bundles 16,20,24 inches
Closure: ONYC Indian closure 14 in cut (1 yr old and its not worth the price IMO i like my closure from Sunnmae wigs 100x better

Y'all know I'm not shy was just making a silly face I sent this pic to my HG!

I like it.

YoursTrulyRE

Checking in. It's been awhile but I'm still in the weave game. Just had by ONYC 3c-4a reinstalled for the 3rd time. :yay: I'm definitely getting my moneys worth.

I'm contemplating getting the ONYC Body-2-Wavy for my next install in January but not sure what closure to get to go with it. I may just reinstall my 3c-4a for a fourth time if I don't decide by then. I'm open to suggestions ladies.

cherishlove

Washing my used Bohyme today getting ready for my install at the end of the week. I may weave my hair up through the winter. I'm excited for my growth. When my hair is out I get so bored with it.

polished07

Thought I was cute last night! I'm def gonna try my best to sass up this full head weave! Thought if share 5 more weeks to go!

Attachments

• image-1489690646.jpg
    image-1489690646.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 52

polished07

soldier4hair said:
Washing my used Bohyme today getting ready for my install at the end of the week. I may weave my hair up through the winter. I'm excited for my growth. When my hair is out I get so bored with it.

I'm the same way, I start doing all of this busy stuff to it and end up causing breakage (twists/blowouts/pinning back updos etc) I'm glad to give my hair a little break

Nayna

Unbothered
I'm in a funk. Idk what I want to do with my hair next. I made a u part wig with my senghori shells hair for myself and my bff confiscated it (for a nice fee). I'm considering repurchasing the 20 inch but I think I want to try something I saw on bhm. I like the kinky straight but I think I want to make it kinkier. I may braid it down and then perm it. Then turn that into a u part wig. Idk. If I do it I will add pics.

Oneprettypa

Deep conditioned my sew in and leave out this AM... I've had this install in for four weeks today.. going to try to hold out another 4. I was thinking about switching to braids for a while but I'm scared these African braiding shops will take out my edges! :)

polished07

I'm loving my bangs right now! No blending just unwrap my hair and go! I think the holidays/cold months are perfect for big curls and straight hair I love to do textured/wavy/curly hair in that spring Im thinking about doing a bob?! But I want a lace wig one that's full and not a million bucks I want to ombré it like a reddish/auburn color

polished07

I want this look but I don't want any hair out for NYE I'm thinking a lace wig but the one I was eyeing can't be dyed and I refuse to pay over a 100 for one help anybody know where I can get this look and dye it red?! Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image-3999877463.jpg
    image-3999877463.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 57
  • image-3579296368.jpg
    image-3579296368.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 58

polished07

soldier4hair said:
I'm thinking I'm going back in a weave after thanksgiving right up to Christmas. I'm really loving my hair right now.

I'm dying to take my hair down but I'm fighting to keep this in for 6 weeks going on week 4 now!

ms.blue

A wig I made...giving a sew ins a rest until March (my 31st bday)

lexxi

Thought I would do a update I'm in kinkies has been since nov they will come down for the end of yr here is a very mini update ill show a pic from nov till this month I was taking a braid down at a time to tighten up and curiosity killed the cat.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Btw thought if mention I had to give up weave and 3/4 to give my sides so rest ill be purchasing a wig soon though

Attachments

• image-3803579894.jpg
    image-3803579894.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 44
  • image-3495654753.jpg
    image-3495654753.jpg
    487.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I want to start wearing my wigs again soon. Do any of you work out in them?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using LHCF