Weave it Up Challenge 2012 (6 Month Edition)

soldier4hair said:
I'm so tired of this velvet remi. I'm thinking I'm going to change my install early and put this bohyme hair in. Trying to last at least until the first. I don't do my own sew ins so that's the other challenge the girl I go to in Detroit charges a 100 and does a good job because I have so much hair. If I could find a college student to do it that would be even better or someone that charges much less but does a great job.

I usually pay between $150-200 so $100 is too bad, but when I get tired of my sew in or I want to stretch if a few more weeks I go and get it cut into a cute bob. New style, same hair... Just a suggestion! :)

How do you ladies prep your hair for a weave? I'm wondering if I want to try something new I normally focus on moisture moisture moisture but I shed alot in the fall wondering should I do a garlic treatment this time

The night before I'll wash with a clarifying shampoo, protein treatment, dc, evco for my leave in then air dry.

Oneprettypa said:
I usually pay between $150-200 so $100 is too bad, but when I get tired of my sew in or I want to stretch if a few more weeks I go and get it cut into a cute bob. New style, same hair... Just a suggestion! :)

I was thinking that exact same thing. I'm going to do that. I do miss my bohyme. That will be my next install.

I washed my hair and did it myself and actually like it. Maybe I'm getting better at this.

Attachments

• image-2232411114.jpg
    image-2232411114.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 83
Kay my little 2 week hiatus is up! Here are the specs:

Hair : Upart wig Brazilian natural wave vendor is Queen Hair product (this is my 2nd batch Juan can do no wrong in my eyes ) 3.5 bundles 16,20,24 inches
Closure: ONYC Indian closure 14 in cut (1 yr old and its not worth the price IMO i like my closure from Sunnmae wigs 100x better

Y'all know I'm not shy was just making a silly face I sent this pic to my HG!

Attachments

• image-1589740962.jpg
    image-1589740962.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 59
  • image-3964504205.jpg
    image-3964504205.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 59
I made it guys 6 weeks and it is so time. I'm treating my hair it needs it bad!!!!!! I did a oil treatment. Before i reinstall the weave i will be doing a protein treatment. Back in a weave in a week in a half. :).

My next install will be my used Bohyme. I may reinstall in a week or two.

Last edited:
polished07 said:
Kay my little 2 week hiatus is up! Here are the specs:

Hair : Upart wig Brazilian natural wave vendor is Queen Hair product (this is my 2nd batch Juan can do no wrong in my eyes ) 3.5 bundles 16,20,24 inches
Closure: ONYC Indian closure 14 in cut (1 yr old and its not worth the price IMO i like my closure from Sunnmae wigs 100x better

Y'all know I'm not shy was just making a silly face I sent this pic to my HG!

I like it.

Checking in. It's been awhile but I'm still in the weave game. Just had by ONYC 3c-4a reinstalled for the 3rd time. :yay: I'm definitely getting my moneys worth.

I'm contemplating getting the ONYC Body-2-Wavy for my next install in January but not sure what closure to get to go with it. I may just reinstall my 3c-4a for a fourth time if I don't decide by then. I'm open to suggestions ladies.

Washing my used Bohyme today getting ready for my install at the end of the week. I may weave my hair up through the winter. I'm excited for my growth. When my hair is out I get so bored with it.

Thought I was cute last night! I'm def gonna try my best to sass up this full head weave! Thought if share 5 more weeks to go!

Attachments

• image-1489690646.jpg
    image-1489690646.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 52
soldier4hair said:
Washing my used Bohyme today getting ready for my install at the end of the week. I may weave my hair up through the winter. I'm excited for my growth. When my hair is out I get so bored with it.

I'm the same way, I start doing all of this busy stuff to it and end up causing breakage (twists/blowouts/pinning back updos etc) I'm glad to give my hair a little break

I'm in a funk. Idk what I want to do with my hair next. I made a u part wig with my senghori shells hair for myself and my bff confiscated it (for a nice fee). I'm considering repurchasing the 20 inch but I think I want to try something I saw on bhm. I like the kinky straight but I think I want to make it kinkier. I may braid it down and then perm it. Then turn that into a u part wig. Idk. If I do it I will add pics.

Deep conditioned my sew in and leave out this AM... I've had this install in for four weeks today.. going to try to hold out another 4. I was thinking about switching to braids for a while but I'm scared these African braiding shops will take out my edges! :)

I'm loving my bangs right now! No blending just unwrap my hair and go! I think the holidays/cold months are perfect for big curls and straight hair I love to do textured/wavy/curly hair in that spring Im thinking about doing a bob?! But I want a lace wig one that's full and not a million bucks I want to ombré it like a reddish/auburn color

I want this look but I don't want any hair out for NYE I'm thinking a lace wig but the one I was eyeing can't be dyed and I refuse to pay over a 100 for one help anybody know where I can get this look and dye it red?! Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image-3999877463.jpg
    image-3999877463.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 57
  • image-3579296368.jpg
    image-3579296368.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 58
soldier4hair said:
I'm thinking I'm going back in a weave after thanksgiving right up to Christmas. I'm really loving my hair right now.

I'm dying to take my hair down but I'm fighting to keep this in for 6 weeks going on week 4 now!

A wig I made...giving a sew ins a rest until March (my 31st bday)

picsay-1355089009.jpg

Thought I would do a update I'm in kinkies has been since nov they will come down for the end of yr here is a very mini update ill show a pic from nov till this month I was taking a braid down at a time to tighten up and curiosity killed the cat.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Btw thought if mention I had to give up weave and 3/4 to give my sides so rest ill be purchasing a wig soon though

Attachments

• image-3803579894.jpg
    image-3803579894.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 44
  • image-3495654753.jpg
    image-3495654753.jpg
    487.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
I want to start wearing my wigs again soon. Do any of you work out in them?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using LHCF

Back