what happened to the no heat straight plates thread ckw and launch?

SuchaLady

This thread is a mess. :ohwell::ohwell:

I agree with this entire post. I know yall are excited but this is doing too much.

Those things seem more like inexperience with the process rather than an intentional scam. I would assume she would have an opportunity before the mold is complete to ask for changes.

She designed the plates and is the only one to have used them. She is in the best position to decide if these minor changes are an improvement. I just don't think it is reasonable for me to insist which would be a better design for plates I have never even held. I have no basis for any real comparison. I just want the inventor's version of the best product.

Hope she answers these questions soon to put everyone's minds at ease.

SunRai Naturals

^^^^^I think that people's concerns are valid and they have the right to express them. It's okay if you and others don't have the same concerns. As consumers & adults we can have different viewpoints, make requests, ask questions, be on the fence, etc... Everyone has been respectful. Don't take business/consumer matters personal. There is no "attacking", "pitch forking", or "mess" here.

onesoulsista

knbradley

Can your donors have the option of still receiving the original CWK plates? We believed in the original design and that's what our pledges are based upon. To change the plates at this late stage in the campaign is confusing to your donors and future customers

onesoulsista

knbradley

Will the videos of the coarser hair textures and air dried results be uploaded before the end of the campaign? Can you borrow a friends computer, a cell phone or a tablet to upload the video? We have been asking for the videos since the beginning of the campaign. I don't see why its so difficult to upload a video, if you believe in the effectiveness of the CWK plates

prettybyrd

So will there be changes to the pledge gifts? Originally, I was planning to switch my pledge so that I could receive longer plates, due to the changes in design, I'm guessing that switch is no longer necessary? Will we receive the same number of plates as the original pledge category, they will just be the same size?

Thank you for responding, knbradley. I trust that you really do want to to give us the best product that you can. I look forward to seeing how these work on the hair.

Ogoma

If it is up to a vote, I vote for the crease-less (newer) version. But, I think you have maxed out at consumer input and think you should produce what you believe (having designed and used it) is the best version.

Will support you and your idea either way.

Urban

^^ definitely, I think people of course should be allowed to give their opinion. But I think Kelechi you'll have to weigh it all up and produce the product that you want to offer. Like I said in my previous post, you know the product better than we do. While some of us have expressed discontent here, I think the number would be less than 20 ... you have about 220 pledgers.

I think the main problem that most people have is that you've shown what the old product (which will no longer be produced) will do, but you haven't demonstrated the new product. And haven't shown a good demo for 4a/4b hair, there's a thread on LSA expressing the same sentiment. I think if you addressed these two things, you'd ease people's fears and probably gain more pledgers. And try not to go ghost over the last days of your campaign eh.

knbradley

If it is up to a vote, I vote for the crease-less (newer) version. But, I think you have maxed out at consumer input and think you should produce what you believe (having designed and used it) is the best version. Will support you and your idea either way.

Thanks so much for your support. I understand donor concerns but I am really doing what's best for the customers. I am constantly testing different prototype upgrades and I am in constant communication with the manufacturers to make the BEST design as possible for the customers. One more week and we will be ready to start the mold!!!!! I am feeling SUPER excited !!!

CWK Plates- Straighten Hair Without-http://youtu.be/CJlTt02SUis

knbradley

So will there be changes to the pledge gifts? Originally, I was planning to switch my pledge so that I could receive longer plates, due to the changes in design, I'm guessing that switch is no longer necessary? Will we receive the same number of plates as the original pledge category, they will just be the same size? Thank you for responding, knbradley. I trust that you really do want to to give us the best product that you can. I look forward to seeing how these work on the hair.

Hello, you don't have to change your pledge unless you want to. You will be able to snap together different combinations that work for your hair's length. Is your hair really long?

prettybyrd

Hello, you don't have to change your pledge unless you want to. You will be able to snap together different combinations that work for your hair's length. Is your hair really long?

No, it's not very long, but I think that it's longer than the medium plates I originally pledged for.

Thanks again!

knbradley

knbradley Can your donors have the option of still receiving the original CWK plates? We believed in the original design and that's what our pledges are based upon. To change the plates at this late stage in the campaign is confusing to your donors and future customers

I am sorry to confuse you with the upgrade to the plates. The intent was to provide an even better plate than what we initially said. I would love to send the original design to donors and just do a second run with the new design, but my manufacturer just told me that I would have to but two different molds for each length if I wanted to do that. The molds cost appox $5000 each :-/ therefore I am going to have to make a decision on one final mold when the campaign is over. These plates are basically the same, just added an extra bonus to them. Thanks for your support.

knbradley

^^^^^I think that people's concerns are valid and they have the right to express them. It's okay if you and others don't have the same concerns. As consumers & adults we can have different viewpoints, make requests, ask questions, be on the fence, etc... Everyone has been respectful. Don't take business/consumer matters personal. There is no "attacking", "pitch forking", or "mess" here.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. You are right ...you definitely have a right to voice you opinion. In fact, I love to hear it ;-) I have learned so much from this forum and I value your opinion.

I am working extremely hard to bring this product to market. There is ALOT that comes with this and I apologize for not checking the threads everyday. You would not believe the amount of questions that I am answering each day...twitter, Facebook, Instagram,kickstarter, emails, several forums and etc. I promise I am not ignoring the ladies on this forum I am just really, really swamped with the campaign, working and being a mother :)

Do you know how to change the settings so I can get the messages through email every time someone post something on a thread?

knbradley

^^ definitely, I think people of course should be allowed to give their opinion. But I think Kelechi you'll have to weigh it all up and produce the product that you want to offer. Like I said in my previous post, you know the product better than we do. While some of us have expressed discontent here, I think the number would be less than 20 ... you have about 220 pledgers. I think the main problem that most people have is that you've shown what the old product (which will no longer be produced) will do, but you haven't demonstrated the new product. And haven't shown a good demo for 4a/4b hair, there's a thread on LSA expressing the same sentiment. I think if you addressed these two things, you'd ease people's fears and probably gain more pledgers. And try not to go ghost over the last days of your campaign eh.

Lol... Thanks friend! I am sorry that I have been ghost on the forum. To be honest I kept checking it and the convo died down a bit on here, so I have been very active on other forums and social media. I posted that last update and didn't come back to check it not knowing that the readers were corresponding :-/ thank you for your suggestions. I will try to address those concerns this week.

knbradley

No, it's not very long, but I think that it's longer than the medium plates I originally pledged for. Thanks again!

Well remember that you will get the small plates as well. You could just snap on two or three small plates to the medium to get the desired length you want or you could snap two medium plates together.

knbradley

<<<<<<<< PLEASE READ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Okay ladies..... Hopefully I can ease your mind about the plates. Yes, I STRONGLY feel that the new feature that allows the plates to snap together will make the plates more efficient and the results would be smoother. If I could produce the first order of plates without the snaps I would but the price for the molds is very expensive. Here is the solution for those who are ABSOLUTELY against the snapping: you can use a knife or scissors and simply cut off the snaps. The plates are made of plastic, so the snaps can be cut off with the right knife/scissors. If you are in a rush you can heat your knife on the stove on cut the plastic even faster. I think it would be easier up take away the snaps (by users as desired) than to add the snaps (for users who really need them). I rather give you all more than you need ... Than less than you need :)

Thank you so much for you support and thank you to those who believe in product! There is no love loss at all... I just want to clear the air and address your concerns. Have a wonderful day !!! CWK Plates- Straighten Hair Without-http://youtu.be/CJlTt02SUis

Last edited:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
<<<<<<<< PLEASE READ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Okay ladies..... Hopefully I can ease your mind about the plates. Yes, I STRONGLY feel that the new feature that allows the plates to snap together will make the plates more efficient and the results would be smoother. If I could produce the first order of plates without the snaps I would but the price for the molds is very expensive. Here is the solution for those who are ABSOLUTELY against the snapping: you can use a knife or scissors and simply cut off the snaps. The snaps are REALLY small and thin and will snap off easily . If you are in a rush you can heat your knife on the stove on cut the plastic even faster.

Thank you so much for you support and thank you to those who believe in product! There is no love loss at all... I just want to clear the air and address your concerns. Have a wonderful day !!!

:nono: to the bolded! Your product costs too much for you to direct users to modify it like that.

You still have not let us(me) know how firmly the plates will snap together. Lego block firm, meaning they will not unsnap unless the user pulls them apart. Or, if you move your head with the plates on they'll come apart like a Mega block, risking the male connector getting tangled in the users lovely locs.

The ladies and I will probably be less concerned about the snap connectors, if they knew whether or not they come apart easily or not. Ladies on LHCF do not play when it comes to potentially decreasing their length retention.

In addition, knbradley I don't think you understand the urgency of getting a true type 4 hair video out, along with an updated video demonstrating the snapping plates. If you haven't already go buy a new computer, or use your phone to get it done. I'm using Nike's slogan "Just Do It!"

We appreciate that you have a FT career and family. We all do, but these plates will be your "Bread & Butter" if things are handled correctly.

Last edited:

onesoulsista

knbradley

Will there a video uploaded before the end of the campaign? Can you use a phone, tablet or borrow a computer to get it uploaded

Last edited:

knbradley

:nono: to the bolded! Your product costs too much for you to direct users to modify it like that. You still have not let us(me) know how firmly the plates will snap together. Lego block firm, meaning they will not unsnap unless the user pulls them apart. Or, if you move your head with the plates on they'll come apart like a Mega block, risking the male connector getting tangled in the users lovely locs. The ladies and I will probably be less concerned about the snap connectors, if they knew whether or not they come apart easily or not. Ladies on LHCF do not play when it comes to potentially decreasing their length retention. In addition, knbradley I don't think you understand the urgency of getting a true type 4 hair video out, along with an updated video demonstrating the snapping plates. If you haven't already go buy a new computer, or use your phone to get it done. I'm using Nike's slogan "Just Do It!" We appreciate that you have a FT career and family. We all do, but these plates will be your "Bread & Butter" if things are handled correctly.

Thank you for your response. I was just trying to give you a solution to your concerns...that's all. I mentioned attaching the plates on the flat sides (female to female) or cutting off the snaps if you don't want them (although I think you will want them to snap together when you get them). The snaps are more like Lego snaps. The snap firmly and will hold in place until you unsnap them by applying a little pressure (like Legos ). The plates definitely will not slip when you turn your head with the snaps, but without the snaps they will attach to hair but the hold isn't as secure. They will stay on the hair w/o snaps, but when the plates snap together the hold is even tighter.

myhairgrowstoo

Thank you for your response. I was just trying to give you a solution to your concerns...that's all. I mentioned attaching the plates on the flat sides (female to female) or cutting off the snaps if you don't want them (although I think you will want them to snap together when you get them). The snaps are more like Lego snaps. The snap firmly and will hold in place until you unsnap them by applying a little pressure (like Legos ). The plates definitely will not slip when you turn your head with the snaps, but without the snaps they will attach to hair but the hold isn't as secure. They will stay on the hair w/o snaps, but when the plates snap together the hold is even tighter.

How many plates does it take to do your hair specifically?

HanaKuroi

Now I really need to see a video. I would like to see how to modify these plates. Will there be sharp edges to cut my hair after cutting?

So, I will receive different plates than was shown that I will have to then modify?

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Last edited:

MamitaLolita

I'm curious how thick of a section the plates can hold. I have difficulty rollersets because I have to use parts so thin I run out of room to cover my head...or using thicker sections pops the roller back open.

Bunnyhaslonghair

Ebonics Queen
knbradley, how many plates does one needs: 1. hip length, 2. Bsl 3. Sl
I am ready to pledge but just need guidance on what to get.

The product has amazing potential but I don't see how they would work on a practical level on hip length hair. It seems like the sheer weight of the plates, let alone application, would be too much. I know you weren't addressing me, just speculating.

Nazaneen

The product has amazing potential but I don't see how they would work on a practical level on hip length hair. It seems like the sheer weight of the plates, let alone application, would be too much. I know you weren't addressing me, just speculating.

My hair is quite long. Now I'm wondering :(. Oh well. I still want to try them.

luckiestdestiny

OMG see there is a lot to consider for us long haired gals....

I'm still getting them but it may or may not be practical as you mentioned.

knbradley

I asked my manufacturer to send me a short video of how the plates easily snap together and pull apart and here is a short little video ;

http://youtu.be/shVMk2y1dLA

More information coming soon....