what happened to the no heat straight plates thread ckw and launch?

luckiestdestiny

Over everything, good luck and Godspeed with your surgery. You are a very busy girl!

I think people will just have to be patient until Tuesday, but we'll see what happens. Hopefully everything is ok and it's just a problem with her computer.

@luckiestdestiny I pray everything goes well with your surgery and that you will be strengthened. @Amarilles I think both luckiestdestiny and myself both have business backgrounds so we are showing our support w/various tips.

Thanks for the well wishes ladies!

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Thanks for the well wishes ladies!

Hope your surgery goes well. I have fibroids as well and have extremely painful menstrual cycles. I don't think anyone is attacking her. I just think we need some clarification on a few things which is understandable given that she just made changes. I still support her, I just want to know what is going on.

luckiestdestiny

This thread is scaring me....

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

:lachen: Okay now I just had a good laugh in the midst of this crazy week. No one should be scared. The LHCFBI is on it so we know that either she will give us an update, or we will withdraw from the campaign later in the week (or adjust in whatever way we see fit). Just keep monitoring this thread and make a decision by Wed. All is well! Kickstarter now asks for ss# and everything. No one is running away with anything and you will not get anything you don't want (as you can easily change your donation if need be). It will BE okay:grin:.

We're just intense cause we want those plates exactly the way they were promised. I really think she's excited and carried awayand needs to focus on just delivering as promised. Once she sees this thread she'll know that. And if not, we know what to do. But no matter what do not panic. It's going to be alright:lol:.

Amarilles

Not sure if we've all noticed (I just did) but Knbradley posted a comment under the "The CWK Plates now SNAP together!!" update on Kickstarter.

Hello ladies, I apologize for just getting back to you. Please understand that the intent was to improve on the design and make you all the happiest customers as possible. The tooling is VERY expensive to make, so it is very important that I get the design as close to perfect as possible because any revisions would call for me to pay for an extra mold (which cost thousands of dollars :-/)
The first revision (circles instead of rectangles) was for the purpose of getting a sleeker look. The design with the circles helps to keep the fly always under control and keeps the hair in place better.
The second revision (the snaps) is so essential because users can customize the plates in the length that they want, so instead of applying several different plates to the length of the hair you can apply one plate. This will cut down on your application time. This is also great for women who might have layers or thinner ends.... Snapping the plates together will allow for a tighter hold on the ends, so that the plates won't slip.
The changes that were made were very minor, but I believe that you will thank me for them later. Please trust me, I am only trying to create the best product for you. I appreciate your support and it is very important to me to produce a product that all of my CWK Sisters will love!!! Be blessed!

luckiestdestiny

Not sure if we've all noticed (I just did) but Knbradley posted a comment under the "The CWK Plates now SNAP together!!" update on Kickstarter.

Ok I think its best if she resolves this. If she is updating there she can answer our questions here as many of us donated and some are thinking of it doing so... I can only imagine what happens when the bloggers find out. They too may feel a responsibility to warn and update people. Not sure I care how expensive the molding is because that was factored into her original kickstarter goal which she has exceeded so that should not be mentioned. The original mold is what costs more than actually making the product which then becomes pennies on the dollar for each order. It's well deserved for her ingenuity that is of course if we get what we want.

I think she still needs to come in and address this to everyone as she cannot change a design after being approved by kickstarter. A person could easily complain to kickstarter and get her.product taken down and everyone refunded for doing so as she has to give an as advertised product....still waiting to see her responses....at the very least people should be given an option.

Last edited:

prettybyrd

I believe in her original design, and I really want for her to be successful, but I get the horrible feeling that this change could be the brush stroke that ruined the masterpiece.

I hope that when she's able to log on here again that she can offer a bit more of an explanation for the change mid-campaign.

HanaKuroi

A sleeker look is what appeals to me. Sleeker in my mind means straighter.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

virtuenow

luckiestdestiny I'm confused, if the product was not ready, why did she start a Kickstarter campaign. If it still needed improvement, if it was not good enough, why doesn't the campaign page state that (at the top)? Whats your experience w/Kickstarter etiquette & procedure??

luckiestdestiny

@luckiestdestiny I'm confused, if the product was not ready, why did she start a Kickstarter campaign. If it still needed improvement, if it was not good enough, why doesn't the campaign page state that (at the top)? Whats your experience w/Kickstarter etiquette & procedure??

@virtuenow

You can have a kickstarter at any phase in development. However, your phase has to be true to what you say. For instance if you say, "I am developing a straightening tool that I believe will revolutionize the market" You could still launch a kickstarter as long as you have a prototype. YOu would then say: This is the prototype and how yurs will look and it will have X features.

People will pledge based on those figures.

YOu can also add to a kickstarter. So for instance you can say in addition to X prototype I'm adding another product item yippee just as a way of saying thanks, etc. That is different from what she's doing. I've had kickstarters where I threw in X item for those who doubled their donation or whatever, but they still get their pledge reward just the same out of appreciation and because it's the rules. There is a difference between having a longer time fulfilling orders, and not fulfilling them at all or changing them without the consent of donors.

What you cannot do is say I'm selling watches that have a camera phone and then once people start bidding say, oh but it costs too much for those watches to have camera phones so I'm now going to just have watches and thanks for your bid.

or....

you cannot say I'm selling watches with a camera phone but once people start bidding say, I'm upgrading the camera phone to a video phone watch without a camera. You can say it's so much better but people who just wanted to snap pics of their loved ones will say: WAIT a minute that's not what I paid for! I don't want to film videos with my watch I want to take a pic, that's what I paid for!

You could however for instance say I'm selling watches with a camera phone at the beginning and then say good news the camera phone watch will now have video in addition to the camera phone. Those who also like that addition will say yay us, but those who don't care and just want the camera will be happy the original deal is still in place.

So as long as the original component that you promised (in her case it's the plates) doesn't change you can add other things (like maybe a curling plate in addition to the other original plates, or even longer plates in addition to the original plates as promised) but you have to give those who bid what was originally promised. She could also give people snap ones and along with the original orders of the ones that don't snap (in the exact amount as promised) so that they can see the difference but the originals (and the amounts of the originals) should be included or there needs to be an update stat.

She can email everyone to let them know the changes, and then CHANGE the kickstarter to state that they will now snap together, and then give those who do not want that full disclosure an an option to bow out. Or the kickstarter can be cancelled and she can launch a new one with the new plates. Either way she has to change her kickstarter, at the kickstarter link with an update too also so that all will know who bid from this point on.

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

It looks like she updated instagram today so I wonder why she has not returned to this thread. I know she said she was having issues with her computer but she's on other websites :ohwell:

View attachment 264173

http://instagram.com/p/o8xFAmhuay/

See what I'm hoping is that she just hasn't logged onto lhcf ...yet. Those who donated should email her through kickstarter along with me so that she sees how many people want her to log on and get in the thread and get into a convo with us.

luckiestdestiny

Also here's where her problem lies. On the kickstarter it states;

I have developed several different prototypes and after doing a lot of testing... The deign is complete! I have been working closely with a mold injection manufacturer and we are ready to move forward with the first run. We hope to purchase three different size molds and purchase atleast 5000 units of each for the first run.

This means the prototype is complete after testing a bunch of designs. But now she's saying it isn't and now there's another one coming out. That's false advertising....

HanaKuroi

I thought she had already done this. ^^^^^

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

g.lo

I want to donate but the fact she is not answering messages and addressing issues going on in here, really holding me back and telling they might be a potential customer service issue in the futur:perplexed. I have till tuesday to make up my mind.
Can somebody please help me, I am struggling with the sizes.
I want for me and my 2 daughters: I have 4a/3c Sl, DD1 4a/4b HL, DD2 4a/4b BSL (which sets should I go for:sad:) .

this is my DD's hair (old pics)

Attachments

• m&N.jpg
    m&N.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 138

GoldenRule

I want to donate but the fact she is not answering messages and addressing issues going on in here, really holding me back and telling they might be a potential customer service issue in the futur:perplexed. I have till tuesday to make up my mind.
Can somebody please help me, I am struggling with the sizes.
I want for me and my 2 daughters: I have 4a/3c Sl, DD1 4a/4b HL, DD2 4a/4b BSL (which sets should I go for:sad:) .

this is my DD's hair (old pics)

See I don't even know if "sizes" are relevant anymore since they're snapping together. If that's the case, just make one pack with all the various sizes. Whole thing is giving me a headache.

Amarilles

The first revision (circles instead of rectangles) was for the purpose of getting a sleeker look. The design with the circles helps to keep the fly always under control and keeps the hair in place better.
The second revision (the snaps) is so essential because users can customize the plates in the length that they want, so instead of applying several different plates to the length of the hair you can apply one plate. This will cut down on your application time. This is also great for women who might have layers or thinner ends.... Snapping the plates together will allow for a tighter hold on the ends, so that the plates won't slip.
But see this part of the comment makes me think that the original design wasn't all it was originally cracked up to be. Like maybe, hair came loose with the rectangle design and certain plated sections ended up frizzy? Maybe she had previously experienced slipping and changed it so that it's tighter? If so I wouldn't mind the changes, but a video comparison should be made showing why it's better and that it's not damaging to the hair. Or pictures. Something.

g.lo I too see a lot of questions go by unanswered on Instagram and even the FB page. She most like very busy or may even feel she's answered or given enough information previously, but it's still not so nice for the unanswered potential customer. You all should probably get one of the long hair sets. Maybe the All Star? Despite them attaching, I think we still receive the same amount of plates listed on the rewards. You can even consider pledging twice (using a different email) to get another set, as I don't think there's enough plates in the packages to do HL hair. (?)

g.lo

See I don't even know if "sizes" are relevant anymore since they're snapping together. If that's the case, just make one pack with all the various sizes. Whole thing is giving me a headache.

thanks, i am very confused myself:perplexed

g.lo

But see this part of the comment makes me think that the original design wasn't all it was originally cracked up to be. Like maybe, hair came loose with the rectangle design and certain plated sections ended up frizzy? Maybe she had previously experienced slipping and changed it so that it's tighter? If so I wouldn't mind the changes, but a video comparison should be made showing why it's better and that it's not damaging to the hair. Or pictures. Something.

g.lo I too see a lot of questions go by unanswered on Instagram and even the FB page. She most like very busy or may even feel she's answered or given enough information previously, but it's still not so nice for the unanswered potential customer. You all should probably get one of the long hair sets. Maybe the All Star? Despite them attaching, I think we still receive the same amount of plates listed on the rewards. You can even consider pledging twice (using a different email) to get another set, as I don't think there's enough plates in the packages to do HL hair. (?)

I initially wanted to pledge for 3 all star, will see.

luckiestdestiny

The changes seem very minor; I am not concerned at all.

They are minor. I'm just concerned about snagging and how they are made, and seeing a demonstration would be good too. Ogoma especially since she's changing in the middle of a campaign. Things like this should work out prior to the campaign not during.

Ogoma

They are minor. I'm just concerned about snagging and how they are made, and seeing a demonstration would be good too. Ogoma especially since she's changing in the middle of a campaign. Things like this should work out prior to the campaign not during.

Those things seem more like inexperience with the process rather than an intentional scam. I would assume she would have an opportunity before the mold is complete to ask for changes.

She designed the plates and is the only one to have used them. She is in the best position to decide if these minor changes are an improvement. I just don't think it is reasonable for me to insist which would be a better design for plates I have never even held. I have no basis for any real comparison. I just want the inventor's version of the best product.

Hope she answers these questions soon to put everyone's minds at ease.