WHO'S YA COUSIN??...OR YA TWIN?

NAKISH66

Can somebody help me reunite with my long lost hair cousin or hair twin:lachen:?

There are so many beautiful heads of hair on this site that I WISH were in my family :grin:!!

I'm still trying to learn about my hair, but I know it LOVES protein!!

MonaLisa

Hey Mona!

What about Nigeria, NeonBright, and Bablou? Could they be related to my hair? :look:

Gym and I have been looking for my "real" hair twin and this is what we came up with...

Ummm...

Hair Cousin - not a hair twin, hair may be a bit different, but your hair seems to like and respond well to the same/similar product(s), hair care, etc.

Hair twin - y'all are hair separated from birth - hair is similar, like all the same products, the hair routine/regimen is virtually the same.

If you guys feel that's the case...then congrats on finding some more hair fam to help you along on your journey... :)

MonaLisa

Can somebody help me reunite with my long lost hair cousin or hair twin:lachen:?

There are so many beautiful heads of hair on this site that I WISH were in my family :grin:!!

I'm still trying to learn about my hair, but I know it LOVES protein!!

Hmmmmm.....are you familiar with Babygurl? Bring her up on search and tell me what you think...

Lavendar

Yeap, we have the same family! Gym, Priestess, You, Brownie, TSmith, Lavendar, and Labett are my cousins!

My hair twins are Sareca and Shunta.

Hey Tee! I'm glad you posted this, cause I was just about to. I know you are my cuz, and was gonna say Brownie too. That girl scurrs me sometimes though:lachen:...she will try anything and everything, but she always seem to ending up liking things I like, especially the more natural products like Qhemet. Wuz up Cousins!!!!:grin:

See Mona....WE'S FAMILY TOO!!!!:grin:

MrsBKJ

I found mines!!
Not sure about products and what have you but defo hair texture!!!
Vee Im postin a link to pics...sorry dont kill me...

Vee:

me:

I just need to get to her length!!!

Soliel185

might be ..my natural hair looked exactly like yours in siggy

Whooo hooo! :lachen:

But -- how in the hell do you relax bone straight with no-lye? I've used Super ORS for 25 minutes and still come out texlaxed. I'm not complaining b/c being bone straight was never important to me, just curious. :look:

MonaLisa

Hey Tee! I'm glad you posted this, cause I was just about to. I know you are my cuz, and was gonna say Brownie too. That girl scurrs me sometimes though:lachen:...she will try anything and everything, but she always seem to ending up liking things I like, especially the more natural products like Qhemet. Wuz up Cousins!!!!:grin:

See Mona....WE'S FAMILY TOO!!!!:grin:

Now that I know you were once closer to the thin haired side of the family....

I open my arms to you cousin..... :bighug:

*goes off to start writing hairboard version of Roots...*

and yes, Brownie and Gym are hair product gangstresses....:210:

PinkPeony

Keepin it bumpin....
gettin family together as we get closer to the New Year...:grin:

I still haven't found mine:nono:

My hair is fine-stranded but very thick,4a/b with a few *wierd* strands on my crown.
My hair likes Silicon,Glycerin,Protein and Scurl.

Anyone out there:sad:????

BrockStar

I don't know if she's been claimed yet or not, but I think my hair twin, minus the hair color (so maybe hair cousin), is Blackbuttafly:grin: Same 3c/4a mixture. Hey twin/cousin!

Sugar Brown

Don't know if I have a twin or a cuzin :ohwell:

Can I be a play cuz?

My hair is 4a with fine strands, natural and approaching APL stretched...

The Girl

I don't really have hair cousins or twins. Everyone that has hair that looks like mine is natural and when it's straighten it looks like my relaxed hair.

Well we can be at least cousins until I check your fotki (today cuz I go once a week, lol) and see if our regimens are similar.:grin:

sylver2

Whooo hooo! :lachen:

But -- how in the hell do you relax bone straight with no-lye? I've used Super ORS for 25 minutes and still come out texlaxed. I'm not complaining b/c being bone straight was never important to me, just curious. :look:

maybe its the ORS.
Someone else I know used ORS and they hav thin hair and it still didnt relax right for them.
I have used Super Creme of Nature & Optimum.

MonaLisa

I'm claiming Nina_deF as a cousin, a first one at that... -- she might not agree...I'm not caring...I'm claiming her...that second pic...that's what I see in the mirror when my hair looks nice and done. Nina's hair is thin and full though...that's what I want...

I swear I have to get a real camera...
I will for 08 so I can give better examples...you can't see ish with this cameraphone...

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I'm claiming Nina_deF as a cousin, a first one at that... -- she might not agree...I'm not caring...I'm claiming her...that second pic...that's what I see in the mirror when my hair looks nice and done. Nina's hair is thin and full though...that's what I want...

I swear I have to get a real camera...
I will for 08 so I can give better examples...you can't see ish with this cameraphone...

Wow, your hair is looking great Mona! Definitely thickening up nicely!

Soliel185

maybe its the ORS.
Someone else I know used ORS and they hav thin hair and it still didnt relax right for them.
I have used Super Creme of Nature & Optimum.

Hmm -- maybe ORS has a lower PH than the others? Thanks! If I decide to go back to relaxing that's something to consider.

MonaLisa

Wow, your hair is looking great Mona! Definitely thickening up nicely!

Dangit Poka! I am so mad at you right naw! That is Nina's pic! Dat ain't me! I wish it was right now :ohwell:...

This is me, I'm the one with issues..:nono:...I feel like I stumbled..
so I'm going to be making a few changes for '08..

Me, September:***********Me, December:

I need to work on the thickness thing...I'm going on a six month bootcamp for '08..

but I used Nina's pic cause I feel she is a cousin looking at her pic when my hair actually looks nice...and she's thin haired...

so I claimed her...:look:

Softresses

Imma be needin me some relatives, so I'm going to start claiming folx.

No one has claimed me as twin yet.

Mariposa I got you! You have my hair type cuz!

I know I have some henna cousins, and some conditioner wash only cousins too. My cousins would probably not be able to use protein, or use any kind of grease or oil. My hair genes say no heat and low manipulation.
My relatives can be seen wearing updo styes on the regular with a variety of accessories.

If you have seen any of these people please direct them to this post. Their long lost cousin is looking for them.

Softresses

Going to troll around and look for some more of my relatives...

Last edited:

LovelyLionessa

...I'm going with Gymfreak, Brownie, Priestess (hair product guiniea pig for 2007) and Sareca as my definitive hair cousins (they may beg to differ, but I'm claiming them).

Letitia said:
Yeap, we have the same family! Gym, Priestess, You, Brownie, TSmith, Lavendar, and Labett are my cousins!

Healthytresses said:
I'm claiming you, letitia, and priestess as hair cousins too :blush:

How'd I miss this thread too? Especially Mona and Tee you know we go way baaaack! Y'all are my hair cuzins fo' sho!

Can we say:

Africa's Best Liquid Mayo
WRTC
Pantene Breakage Defense Mask

shall I go on? :eyebrows2

I'd also have to add Pokahontas to the list, we like the same products and her hair always reminds me of my own if mine weren't relaxed.

We are family... :reddancer:

Last edited:

MonaLisa

How'd I miss this thread too? Especially Mona and Tee you know we go way baaaack! Y'all are my hair cuzins fo' sho!

Can we say:

Africa's Best Liquid Mayo
WRTC
Pantene Breakage Defense Mask

shall I go on? :eyebrows2

I'd also have to add Pokahontas to the list, we like the same products and her hair always reminds me of my own if mine weren't relaxed.

We are family... :reddancer:

*true dat, true dat* :lol:

As we move into 2008 - some have found family, some may find fam by midnight:look: but it's okay if some might not find fam until Summer '08....keep the search alive....

To My Hair Cousins....

Happy New Hair Year 2008! :grin:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Dangit Poka! I am so mad at you right naw! That is Nina's pic! Dat ain't me! I wish it was right now :ohwell:...

This is me, I'm the one with issues..:nono:...I feel like I stumbled..
so I'm going to be making a few changes for '08..

Me, September:***********Me, December:

I need to work on the thickness thing...I'm going on a six month bootcamp for '08..

but I used Nina's pic cause I feel she is a cousin looking at her pic when my hair actually looks nice...and she's thin haired...

so I claimed her...:look:

:blush:Ooops!:blush: My bad. I sowwey.

Well Nina has some nice hair and so do you Mona! I see your pics and you're looking good girlie. Just keep working at it and you'll get there. My hair is fine too so I know how it is. Have you tried biotin and B5? They seem to be helping me with some thickness. Good luck on the bootcamp.

Last edited:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Imma be needin me some relatives, so I'm going to start claiming folx.

No one has claimed me as twin yet.

Mariposa I got you! You have my hair type cuz!

I know I have some henna cousins, and some conditioner wash only cousins too. My cousins would probably not be able to use protein, or use any kind of grease or oil. My hair genes say no heat and low manipulation.
My relatives can be seen wearing updo styes on the regular with a variety of accessories.

If you have seen any of these people please direct them to this post. Their long lost cousin is looking for them.

Softresses

Going to troll around and look for some more of my relatives...

**doing happy dance** I finally found a cousin! :happydance:

I co wash daily and my hair DOES NOT like protein or oils! I felt like a loner weirdo for having hair that doesn't like protein and oils, but now I'm not the only one! Woo hoo! :superbanana:

MonaLisa

:blush:Ooops!:blush: My bad. I sowwey.

Well Nina has some nice hair and so do you Mona! I see your pics and you're looking good girlie. Just keep working at it and you'll get there. My hair is fine too so I know how it is. Have you tried biotin and B5? They seem to be helping me with some thickness. Good luck on the bootcamp.

:lol: Just messin witcha Poka :hug2: Thank you. I'm going to try. Some of the lovely ladies here have offered suggestions that I'm going to try and my dermatologist said the same this with the biotin - so I've been trying that as of Jan. 1 and I'm going to try and keep up with it. I start off trying to take vitamins, then I fall off :nono:.

As I said, I plan on stepping it up for the next six months and throughout the year. Hopefully I will see results at the end of '08.

Thanks again lovely haired one! :grin: