2 Inches In 4 Months Challenge - 2016 (session 3 - Sept Through Dec)

trclemons

Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ spritz.
DC'd with SM Noni & Monoi and Superfruit for ~2 hrs. under plastic cap and 1.5 hrs under heat cap.
CW'd with Paul Mitchell's The Detangler.
Reconstructed with Apoghee Curlific.
R/O with ACV & The Body Shop Banana Conditioner.
LCOB'd with LRC Shake 'n Go, KJ Natural's Raspberry Lemonade, DIY on length, Liquid Gold Green Magic on scalp & SSI Kiwi Kiss on ends.

Aggie

This morning I:

Covered my previously texlaxed hair with a mixture of Affirm Preservo and Chi Silk Infusion

Based my scalp with Blue Magic Castor Oil Grease

Texlaxed with a mixture of Afirm Fiberguard Mild Lye relaxer, Keracare Restorative Mask and Sunflower Oil

Mid-Protein treat with a mixture of Affirm Sustenance and Neutral Silk Protein for 5 minutes

Neutralized with Affirm Neutralizing Shampoo followed by 1 minute of French Stabilizer Plus to further bring down pH - my hair is usually very hard after using the French Stabilizer and I don't know why but it makes my hair feel pretty strong so I keep using it.

Deep Conditioning with a combination of Bekura Cocoa Bark and YAM Nectar for 30 minutes.

Oil Rinsing in the shower with hot Pumpkin Seed Butter (melted)

Detangling with Terrene Fusions Moisturizing Detangling Cream

Leave-In with APB Leave In Conditioner.

SweetestChick

Long hair fanatic
Hope this is still open for the last few months of the year?

1. Starting pic is attached
2. Current Length - about APL
3. Regimen - wash/MT twice per week, use onion-garlic-ginger concoction on scalp only, hot oil treatment with coconut/mustard oils, daily moisturizing with avocado-acai berry mist conditioner, Xcel 21 spray twice daily (except wash days) OptiMSM & HSN vitamins [edit: now using VHF on scalp 3 X's a week as of 10/11/16, Xcel used once a day, when not using VHF.]
4. Focusing on keeping ends moist daily, low heat, MT twice a week, HSN/OptiMSM supplement, trim [no more than] .5" every 3 months from now on
5. Background (Babblings): Hair was prone to getting dry and breaking off up until 2 months ago which is why I've had such a hard time getting past APL. Also had to temporarily stop my HSN vites for 3 months due to cost which contributed to slower growth--eBay is a wallet-saver lol.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    42.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

assiyrabomb

1. Starting pic - Will upload later

2. Current Length - My hair was MBL at my last length check. I plan on taking a new length pic and will update my length if needed.

3. Regimen - I plan on doing weave/wig installs for this session. I plan on leaving in each install for about 4-6 weeks. I will m&s each week and then wear my hair out for a week in between each install to allow my hair time to breathe.

4. What will you do to achieve your goal - I will make sure to m&s my hair and oil my scalp at least once a week. I will also be sure to DC and baby my hair in between each install in addition to take my vitamins.

5. Anything else you would like to share. - When I first started my hair journey I was at SL and fighting to even reach APL. Once I reached BSL I began to wear my hair out more and have been stuck at MBL for about 2 years now. I decided recently that I would return to the "hide my hair under weaves method" to get me to my goal length of WL at which point I'll be able to just enjoy my hair without stressing over length.

GGsKin

Shampooed (diluted giovanni tea tree) my hair today in prep for my protein DC.

I used Mill Creek Botanicals Jojoba, and followed with (new to me) Mielle Organics Babassu Oil and Mint DC:love:; I loved how this went on...so smooth, and my hair immediately had this softness and slip. And the scent...:love4:. There was a cool tingle on my scalp with this. I will wait to see how my hair feels once dry but so far me likey.

I followed everything with a clay wash, oil rinse and gel. I already feel like I've found a favourite DC:look:.

Aggie

Overnight last night I Deep Conditioned on dry hair with 4 Bella Naturale' Cocoavonana mixed with Terrene Fusions Ultra Rich Mango Deep Conditioner.

Today I :

Added a pre poo oil on top of my DC and allow it to sit for 20 minutes before detangling and washing it out
Shampooed with Jason Naturals Thin to Thick Shampoo
Quick rinse out with the remainder of the TF URM Deep Conditioner
Leave-in with Bel Nouvo Avocado & Shea Hair Milk.

I also did a demi color on my hair as well, followed with a quick oil rinse to soften, leave-in and bun for the day.:look:

Rozlewis

I don;t think I have posted here in a long time. I am well on my way to 2 inches in 4 months. I am 10 weeks post and have a little over 1 inch of new growth. I plan to relax the week of Thanksgiving which gives me about 8 more weeks to go. If my hair continues at this pace I should be good to go. Also, I think my retention has been good. I have not seen many broken short hairs.
My regime has been consistent and I have gone back to a mid-week cowashing, which helps me stay up on my moisture game. I also do light protein ever there week and a protein treatment once a month followed by a moisturizing DC.

trclemons

PRE-POO'd overnight with AVJ spritz & hot shea oil.
DC'd under the heat cap for an hour with Bobeam Buttercream & Soultanical's Curl Detox mix.
SHAMPOO'd scalp with Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle.
COWASHED length with Paul Mitchell's The Detangler.
RECONSTRUCTED with Avon's Advanced Techniques Damage Repair.
RINSED OUT Bye Bye Paraben's Conditioner & ACV.
LCOB'd with Cream of Nature Strength and Shine, Shea Moisture Yucca & Baobob Milk, Sarenzo's Vanilla Creamy Oil on length & NJOY on scalp & Kyra's Shea Buttercream on ends.
INVERTED and massaged my scalp for 4 minutes.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
New regi for me. I got a Chi enviro last Saturday. I've been flat ironed straight for a week. I had my ends dusted too. Today is wash day. I'm planning on going back to curly. Stylist recommended PM Awapuhi Wild Ginger line. I love this stuff, smells delicious. My hair feels amazing. Chi loosened my 4-something, pen spring sized coils. Finger detangling was a breeze...

snoop

Installing mini twists. Three hours in and I'm only half done. I'd like for them to last for 2 weeks and ideally for 1 month.

It took 2 additional days of about 3 hours each day but I finished this week. They're not even that small. The detangling process after the first day was a real pain. Lesson learned.

I'm not going to wash them this week since I don't want them to frizz too quickly -- considering how much time I spent on them them this time.

I might give myself a mini trim to clean up my ends. I'm due to trim today but I did it last month and I don't want to over cut. Am I the only natural who feels like a week after they trim their ends are raggedy?

LdyKamz

Massaged my scalp with my oil mix. Can't really remember what's in there. JBCO, peppermint oil, sweet almond oil, and maybe some coconut oil I think. I probably mixed everything I had because I only have a bottle of vatika oil left. Anyway, my scalp was tingling and at first it felt nice but then it became irritating and almost a slight burning sensation I want to say. My scalp felt just a little sore so I cowashed again. Once I washed the oil out, my scalp felt refreshed and airy and my hair was shiny. That's all nice and good but do I really want go through that again?

trclemons

Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ spritz & Kyra Shea Buttercream on ends.
DC'd with Aunt Jackie's In Control for 6.5 hours under plastic cap & 1 hour under heat cap.
CW'd with Honey's Handmade Black Soap, Honey & Avocado.
Reconstructed with Avon's Damage Repair.
Rinsed Out ACV & Bye Bye Parabens Conditioner.
LCOB'd with CON Strength & Shine, SM Yucca & Baobab Growth Milk, NJoy on scalp & Kyra Shea on ends.

For Fall & Winter, I will alternate between doing my weekly regimen on loose hair and beehive braids.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Tonight I:
Cowashed with Aphogee 2 minute
Dcd with Cristalliste mask
Blowdried with Suave Keratin Infusions
Massaged scalp with Nioxin Density Restoration
Redid my braids

Wednesday I am putting on a rinse and doing my 2nd bkt

snoop

Take pictures. I was sure that my hair hadn't grown since January, but when I took a pic to compare Oct 2015 to Oct 2015 I realized that my hair has grown a lot -- (i.e. there was no way that all of that growth was from Oct - Jan of last year). I've been beating myself up all year for nothing.

NCHairDiva

WAIST LENGTH 2019
1. Starting pic - Will upload later

2. Current Length - My hair was MBL at my last length check. I plan on taking a new length pic and will update my length if needed.

3. Regimen - I plan on doing weave/wig installs for this session. I plan on leaving in each install for about 4-6 weeks. I will m&s each week and then wear my hair out for a week in between each install to allow my hair time to breathe.

4. What will you do to achieve your goal - I will make sure to m&s my hair and oil my scalp at least once a week. I will also be sure to DC and baby my hair in between each install in addition to take my vitamins.

5. Anything else you would like to share. - When I first started my hair journey I was at SL and fighting to even reach APL. Once I reached BSL I began to wear my hair out more and have been stuck at MBL for about 2 years now. I decided recently that I would return to the "hide my hair under weaves method" to get me to my goal length of WL at which point I'll be able to just enjoy my hair without stressing over length.

I am definitely following your lead. I will be hiding my hair under a wig until spring 2017, Im hoping to get from grazing bsl to grazing mbl by March '17. I hope this will work...

Last edited:

faithVA

Take pictures. I was sure that my hair hadn't grown since January, but when I took a pic to compare Oct 2015 to Oct 2015 I realized that my hair has grown a lot -- (i.e. there was no way that all of that growth was from Oct - Jan of last year). I've been beating myself up all year for nothing.
Now you see why I'm always asking for pictures.

Speaking of pictures can we see the comparison pictures?