2008 LHCF Bootcamp!!!!

i'm joining in on this one. One session for me please! i already have braids in that i finished today. i will relax in time for my birthday in april and i had better be APL by then! right now im a bit past shoulder length in the the front and about 2 inches from APL in the back. my consequence will be no facebook for a week. ouch!

i completely forgot i was apart of this challenge. needless to say i broke every one of the rules and didnt keep to it. i'm keeping my hair in braids for the rest of this year so i may try bootcamp next year if it continues. Good luck ladies! HHG!!!

lilsparkle825

I will just be getting myself ready for the third session then. I will definitely join then:grin:
girlll i was gonna join on the 15th and finish out this session till i realized i was already following all the rules. join now with me, we can be the latecomers together

:ninja:

cech2204

Hello Bootcampers! I am a newbie and will be joining the challenge starting up on July 1st. When I figure out how to upload pics and stuff I will copy/paste my official entry into the challenge. Good luck to those who are already going through boot camp and to my fellow latecomers!:grin:

Channie

Since I already used my heat pass, I broke the no heat rule Wednesday. I had to get my 'corporate-friendly' on for the yt people. Since my budget has become smaller and I'm already in the "Buy Nothing for June" challenge, my punishment (not buying anything other than food) won't be too much of a stretch (2 xtra weeks).

redd

I am still in for all four sessions, so far so good. I did use one pass during the first session for a trim.

ricochet

I am still in for all four sessions, so far so good. I did use one pass during the first session for a trim.

I am still hanging in there also. I signed up for all four sessions and my 1st session went fabulous, used a trim pass, my 2nd session is going great, I used a heat pass (maxiglided) for my birthday weekend for a length check (last month). The only thing I haven't been doing for the past 2.5 months is deep conditioning at every wash. I have been wearing a Chicoro baggied bun so my washing has not been nearly as frequent (washing once a week, instead of co-washing/washing 3-4xs a week) but it's all gravy baby. My punishment is not buying hair accessories for a month, which is no problem for me as I haven't bought myself any new accessory this month because I have more than I'll need already. Plus, my super duper fabulous mom-n-law bought me a flexi8 and hairzini for my birthday so I am ecstatic and still drooling over those! :yay:

I don't plan to use anymore heat this year but things could change. I still haven't used my blowdryer this year, which I didn't think was possible. During my 1st grow out journey, I used heat more frequently but still did not abuse it. I would use the blowdryer at least twice a month. In this 2nd grow out, I am trying to test how a "no heat" regimen will work. So far, so good. My hair is a lot healthier and less frizzy. It shrinks better than before and I never thought I would actually encourage shrinking in my hair. I am going to try to update my siggy with new pics of my hair timeline. Peace and love ladies!

jtotheb

I know I'm late, but:

I am going to commit to the last two sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be 30 mins. extra in the gym for two weeks. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Here is my starting point picture:

Aggie

I am still doing well myself and I also used a heat pass on Monday June 9th for this session. I am still wearing my wigs daily as my protective style for this session as well. Good luck ladies for the rest of the challenge.

vestaluv1

Good luck to you too Aggie!
I'm wearing wigs daily too. I never thought I would be a wig wearer, but it's really helping me to retain my length :yay:.
Have't used any passes yet, but gonna need to use one next week when I flat iron my hair for the first time EVER!
But I'd rather try and do it myself than go to a hairdresser... had too many bad experiences with the likes of those peeps :nono: !

It~Can~Grow

Not having a good night with image uploads...because my month has been crazy I thought I better update when I can.

My old purple bra is dirty :grin: so I found it's tan companion.

Here is my bootcamp/megatek update.

I would say I'm about 1.5 inch to top of bra across the board??

Ok. My 1st Qtr results are in...

Let me know if you guys notice growth? Also, in the first t-shirt photo I was 4 weeks post so my hair was a little fuller.

12/28/07 - 03/01/08 12/05/07 03/01/08

Observation:
Stretching is a good thing, if only to see where the new growth begins and ends. HOWEVER, I stretched for 14 weeks and the last 3 were not fun :nono:

What I learned:
I should stick with 12 week stretches, at least Spring/Summer. Though I don't really have thick hair, that 2" of growth in the front through my crown was too much to deal with using lo/no mani. It was dry no matter how much scurl/moisturizer I used. I experienced no breakage at the demarcation line, which was a good thing, but it was way more than I bargained.

The last 3 weeks, as odd as this will sound, I felt like I had someone else's head on my shoulders. Since I was not really touching my scalp, when I did my touch up, I felt like I was going to make a mistake like I have never relaxed before.

Another comment that's been made before around your ng not getting really straight after a good stretch is true. I believe this is because you're relaxing using the same amount of time and not calculating the additional time that will be needed to just part and move the bushes from side to side. Lesson learned.

Going forward:
Summer/Spring 12 weeks stretches only, and I will need to find some super gentle way to do something different with my ng. I just find it too difficult to relax when I can't even part my hair.

:ohwell:Any suggestions on this one?

Attachments

• JuneBra.JPG
    JuneBra.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 109

Sui Topi

Not having a good night with image uploads...because my month has been crazy I thought I better update when I can.

Your hair really GREW! Don't let any body tell you anything girl!

Chameleonchick

Oh yeah, you have gotten some good growth. I think I may sign up for another session, I can just tell my hair has grown a bit I can't wait to see at the end of this month.

ebzonix

girlll i was gonna join on the 15th and finish out this session till i realized i was already following all the rules. join now with me, we can be the latecomers together

:ninja:

Go latecomers! I just need a stricter hair schedule and regimen. No school meaning more time to do what I need to for more growth.

lilsparkle825

Go latecomers! I just need a stricter hair schedule and regimen. No school meaning more time to do what I need to for more growth.
thats what i said. my goal is to go back in august with a regimen that is on autopilot, just like i was doing when i was transitioning.

ebzonix

thats what i said. my goal is to go back in august with a regimen that is on autopilot, just like i was doing when i was transitioning.

I'm trying to grow my hair out, dead ends from heat damage. But I'm bunning it for awhile, and possibly natural weaving.

explosiva9

Hi

I would like to join for the last two sessions please.

I am going to commit to __2__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _no sweet treats for 3 weeks/30 mins more at the gym per session/no shopping for a month.:wallbash: I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Decided to make my punishment uber hard so that i stick with it and make cheating/not follwing the rules not worth it, if that makes sense to you. Sorry, couldn't get my wording right. :nono:

Attachments

• zoe2.jpg
    zoe2.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 1
  • zoe3.jpg
    zoe3.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 2
  • zoe.jpg
    zoe.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 82

donewit-it

I'm progressing nicely. Staying on track is not a problem for me. I used my heat pass on June 14th. I used the Sabino MB, which I am kind of disappointed in. It's trial and error, but I have to wait until the next session's pass, (Sept.2) to try again. Anyway, I washed it out in 2 days, and I'm back to my puff.

I did take pictures, but I don't know how to post attachments. I compared the growth to my previous pictures in my camera. I got maybe around or under 2 inches since February's last measurement. I wanted more length and I attribute the slow growth (or lack of retention) due to my twisting and ripping through my hair while trying to detangle.

I've adjusted my regimen to avoid this this go around.

Ms.TahNai

I am going to commit to the 3rd sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be 10 days of being banned from the LHCF website. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

[Will be uploaded when I take a good photo]​

AVE One

I am going to commit to 2 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be one week of no LHCF and a hot yoga class. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

see below

michaela

Natural 4b
I am going to commit to 2 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be daily jog in the morning for 2 weeks. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Last edited:

ebzonix

So yeah, I've been doing good with the DC and low manip styles and protective styles. I just need some more work on the bedtime hair thing. I never know what to do with it and I dont think my hair looks good in a bun unless stretched, then my ends look thin so it's not thick. I'm in a dilemma, just going to do the weaving until the next session.

Aggie

I am still doing pretty good with my BootCamp progress. I'm due for a slight dusting on the 24th of July.