2008 LHCF Bootcamp!!!!

michaela

Natural 4b
So Far Ive been washing and dc every 3 days and co wash atleast 2 days out of the week or more... I have my starting pics taken in may....my fotki is locked for now because im trying to organize somethings/Adding new pics. It Will Be open Hopefully Sometime at the End of the Week!

I_shure_do_wish

Im way past the first starting date but it's never too late. I need something to keep me on track therefore im joining the third session! :grin:

I am going to commit to sessions 3 & 4 of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no LHCF for a week. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

I'll post a starting pic in my signature later this evening

wheezy807

I want in!!!!
I am going to commit to the_3rd & 4th_ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _no fast food for two weeks_. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Tamrin

unapologetic
Iam going to commit to 2 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be 35 extra minutes of exercise each workout for a MONTH. I am going to enjoy this journey with the ladies of LHCF...

Last edited:

DeepBluSea

I am going to commit to _1__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be ____no innanet for 1 week___________. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Here is my starting point picture:
Coming soon

nodisrespect

I am going to commit to the 3rd and 4th sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be gyming all 7 days of the week instead of just four. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!! Here is my starting point picture:

Here are the RULES::ban:

1. No Direct Heat (Hooded Dryer is acceptable)
deep conditioning with heat twice a week
2. No Trimming (Dusting is allowed)
not trimming until january
3. Deep Condition w/Every Shampoo Wash
got it covered
4. Wear Only Protective (Buns, Braids, Twists, Weaves, etc.) or
i will be wearing a sew in the first session
Low Manipulation (Braidouts, Rollersets, etc.) Styles
rollersets and buns the rest of the way

Session Three: July 1- September 30
Session Four: October 1 - December 15

(I just copied the rest of it to keep it straight for my records)

Anew

I am going to commit to __2__ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be NO EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND OR MARTIN FOR 2 WEEKS STRAIGHT (You guys have no idea how much of a fiend I am for both of these shows). I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

ETA: I just joined the board so I have to do the last 2 sessions of Boot Camp. Even though I'm 7 days late for the 3rd Session, not too far behind. Just got a fresh relaxer on July 5th and a cut to NL, thick hair from root to tip!

Here is my starting point picture: I WILL ADD THIS LATER WHEN I GET HOME, UNLESS SOME HELPFUL SOUL TELLS ME HOW TO ATTACH PICS
:yay::yay::yay:

Last edited:

ebzonix

I am going to commit to 3 & 4 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be exercising 7 days a week, except 5 for 4 weeks straight. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Harmony0221

I am going to commit to sessions 3&4 of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be an additional 30 minutes of excersise for one week. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

coming soon...

cupcakes

I am going to commit to _sessions 3 and 4___of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be _____NO___INTERNET OR JUNK FOOD FOR 2 WEEKS_______. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

WILL POST SOON!

Here are the RULES:
1. No Direct Heat (Hooded Dryer is acceptable)
2. No Trimming (Dusting is allowed)
3. Deep Condition w/Every Shampoo Wash
4. Wear Only Protective (Buns, Braids, Twists, Weaves, etc.) or
Low Manipulation (Braidouts, Rollersets, etc.) Styles

im so excited!!!!!

Last edited:

GoldenBreeze

I'm progressing nicely. Staying on track is not a problem for me. I used my heat pass on June 14th. I used the Sabino MB, which I am kind of disappointed in. It's trial and error, but I have to wait until the next session's pass, (Sept.2) to try again. Anyway, I washed it out in 2 days, and I'm back to my puff.

I did take pictures, but I don't know how to post attachments. I compared the growth to my previous pictures in my camera. I got maybe around or under 2 inches since February's last measurement. I wanted more length and I attribute the slow growth (or lack of retention) due to my twisting and ripping through my hair while trying to detangle.

I've adjusted my regimen to avoid this this go around.

Actually, that isn't bad at all. The average growth for a year is 6". I don't know if you've seen this ruler chart before, but here it is just
in case. If you have seen it, then I apologize for including it again.

Attachments

• rulergrowthchart8wh.jpg
    rulergrowthchart8wh.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 9

delitefulmane

I am going to commit to sessions 3 &4 of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no LHCF for 1 week. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Will add soon!!

lilsparkle825

i just wanted to say WELCOME to all the new campers (or whatever we're called...lol)! yeah i'm new to this too...but it's an easy challenge that i believe will have great rewards.

:trampolin

in addition, i wanted to update...i'm in this as well as 'APL in 08' so to make sure i reach that really lofty goal i just finished putting in a set of kinky twists AND i ordered megatek, so now i really AM in a protective style. don't know how i will do the mandatory 'DC with every poo' in these things but i will figure it out.

hope everything is going smoooooothly for all of you, and HHG!

MJ

I'm feeling a little bit stunned right now. I don't know whether to :lachen: or :cry:.

My one-year Hardcore C&G challenge anniversary is coming up on August 9, so I wanted to see how long it has been since I've been a part of the Bootcamp challenge. I went back to the old threads and saw that I first joined on Nov. 2, 2006 (beginning in January 2007) for the 2007 challenge. This means I've been bootcamping for almost 20 months! :eek:

I haven't worn my :afro: out in over a year, and I don't know what to do with it even if I wanted to. I'm very please with my dedication, but, since summer 2000, I've put alot of energy, time, and money into trying to achieve a hair goal that I still haven't achieved after 8 years. I don't even know my exact length at this point because I haven't seen my hair out in some weeks.

ETA: Boy, I sure was whining in the above post, :drunk:. What I'd failed to mention is that my hair is the longest it has ever been in it's "natural" state. Ever. A few months ago, I wore small plaits under my wig, and I was able to put all the plaits into a ponytail -- a lifetime first! It was an awesome experience. My hair is growing long, healthy, and strong, and I'm happy and grateful for what I've learned from this challenge. :grin:

Last edited:

Simply_Kelz

I am going to commit to sessions 3 & 4 of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be No new products for a month. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

As of June 15th:

Attachments

• S6300496.jpg
    S6300496.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 6

collegeDoll

I am going to commit to sessions 3 & 4 of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be NOT TREATIN MYSELF TO ANYTHING NICE FOR 2 MONTHS. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

ebzonix

SO I have been taking the greatest care of my hair lately, I tried to see what a flat iron would do, but I've been having lots of night sweats from not feeling so good so my hair now looks like a hot mess. So, in punishment for not doing my hair right I've been having multiple bad hair days, which for me is punishment enough. My sickness is subsiding and today I have to go back to work, making those caramel lattes :D. But I decided not to flat iron my hair until next year. Other than for special occasions and it's appropriate. But I'll just stick to braid outs.

Anyways, I'm bunning for the rest of the year. 4 months, so see how that helps my hair retain some length. At the end of the year, it'll be a good 12 mos of transition to get rid of dead "trained" ends. With an once a month braid out. So in total = 4 months of buns + 4 braid out days = ridiculous hair, yes?

michaela

Natural 4b
Hi ladies here is a little update i should have did this last month:spank:

But i used one of my cheats...
I dont know about the Fotki....Im thinking about locking it for good??

Jade Feria

I know I'm late, but boot camp is the best thing I've ever done for my hair!

I am going to commit to sessions 3 &4 of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no candy for 2 weeks. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

collegeDoll

i really wanna stick to this but i think im gonna use heat....its so much easier. i know that doesnt mean its better but around this time when my ng gets out of control, i feel as tho i look better with a bang....but i want them to grow too...im so conflicted inside

lilsparkle825

I dont think i will have time for it...School is about to start and i know
im going to have alot of work. I have been getting alot of
mysterious Views from people?
you mean...mysterious people?

i used a heat pass, sort of. i very lightly blew out my roots after my rollerset, and i flat ironed them on low in a few spots.

michaela

Natural 4b
you mean...mysterious people?

i used a heat pass, sort of. i very lightly blew out my roots after my rollerset, and i flat ironed them on low in a few spots.

Never mind the non-lhcf nappturality bhm etc people went away.

I have alot of new pics and a Video(not to sure if i will post it i was being really goofy lol) Im going to start on the fotki after i get some sleep:yawn:

ricochet

Session 3 is going good for me, however, I have violated. :) My punishment is not buying any hair accessories for a month, which I won't have a problem in not doing. I gave myself a much needed trim in July and I just got finished flat ironing my hair with my maxi. This is only the 2nd time I have used direct heat(still haven't used my blowdryer, but used my hooded dryer in July for a botched rollerset :)) this year, I am so proud of myself! :) I washed my hair last night and let it air dry in braids overnight. I did my shopping this morning because I knew it wasn't dry yet. It was dry when I came home. I had no intention of flat ironing, but I was bored and done with my housework and grocery shopping so I figured what the heck. I then flat ironed each section in each braid. I don't plan to use anymore heat until the last day of 2008, for a length check. LHCF Bootcamp all the way!

Aggie

Oooooh I can't remember what my punishment is for myself and can't find the page where I list it but I don't need it anyway. I have been very good and still wearing my wigs as a protective style.

Last edited:

ricochet

Session 3, so far so good. Still airdrying, wearing braidouts, twistouts and buns and moisturizing. Low maintenance pays off, I can't believe it's almost been a year! :)

Aggie

Still going strong. I am wearing my hair in cornrows and a wig over them during the day while I'm out of the house. At home, I just wear my satin cap over them.

Honey.Love

Hi everyone! Is there gonna be a bootcamp challenge for 2009? When does it start:clap:? I'm so anxious to participate:yay:. God knows my hair needs it:yep:!