2013 COWASH CHALLENGE THREAD (1/1/13-3/31/13)

TruMe

Doesn't seem like my hair likes to be cowashed with Tresemme or Aussie Moist. Guess I will stop trying to look for something more expensive and stick with V05, lol. Now my hair loves for me to leave in Tresemme. Aussie Moist doesn't last long in my hair so I am going to have to move in from that conditioner all together. Glad I tried though.

Queensheba88

Cowashed today w. The loves of my life my life suave amond shea + hhhello hydration Omg my hair is soooo soft I also brought a travel size of tresseme moisture rich I will see how my hair likes that

nemi95

For the ladies that co-wash everyday, do you allow your hair to dry and when? I was cowashing then air drying for about an hour, then bun and go to bed. My hair never completely dries in the middle...

hnntrr

Setback this week (protein overload) Cowashing daily until its back under control, DCing twice a week

hnntrr

Dealing with protein overload problem day by day by, it is getting better though. Now I know, if I overload on protein to cowash daily and up DCing:
  • Cowashing, moisturizing, sealing everyday
  • PSing everyday (so far its been two large cornrows…may switch up as to not keep my hair in the same position everyday
  • Switched to tea tree oil as my sealer instead of coconut oil (even EVOO made my hair feel hard)
  • Using ONLY heat sealant on my hair when flat ironing and moisturizing and sealing after flat ironing

And I also noticed that my apartment's hard water may be causing a problem. My parents house has a soft water filter so all the water is buttery smooth, so when I cowashed my hair tonight I noticed an tremendous different between washing my hair here, and there with no other changes in regimen.

Is there anyway to attach a filter to the shower head? Is there such a thing? I think my build up problem might not just be from product but also the stuff in the water (DC water is disgusting). Or maybe I should start washing my hair with bottled water :lachen:

mshoneyfly

please add me!

I am texlaxed and past nl on longest layer

My goal is bsl

I will cw 1-2 times week using vo5 extra body, wen pomegranate,
shea moisture poo, mill creek keratin or organix macadamia oil

moisture retention=length I can see! I want grow out the crown
and sides

I usually shampoo once per week. idk we'll see

Last edited:

hnntrr

Cowashed daily and DCed two times this week and daily psing due to protien overload. I think my hair is getting back on track!!! Was def a surprise.

Tonight I used a new purchase Mane nd Tail Deep Moisturizing Conti, My staple Organix moroccan argan oil for slip and mixed chicks DC. Omg. My hair feels more moisturized than its ever been. Applied leave in, eq mango butter and sealed with tea tree oil and put in 4 bantu knots. Excited to feel my hair tomorrow.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Dang, I'm terrible with checking in. I had to look back to make sure i put my starting stats up. (I did.)

Anyhoo. I haven't been cowashing daily as intended. Instead I've been cowashing 2-3 times per week. I do intend to work up to daily but, since I'm wearing my hair in twists, that means more frequent retwisting. Right now, I ain't got time for all that. Lol. Looking forward to cowashing tonight.

faithVA

Had to drop out of this challenge when I big chopped but I think I may be back :yay:

Cowashed tonight for the first time in months. I'm just using up old conditioners, so cowashed with Burt Bees Shiny Hair and then followed that with diluted AO Blue Chamomile. My scalp is very happy right now :yep:

hnntrr

Been cowashing daily to make sure protein overload is taken care of. Using some new products due to some issues I have been having. What I WAS using worked great on my relaxed hair...not so much for my natural roots.. Last night I used One N Only Hydrating Masque, hopefully my Aubrey, SM and AS I Am Stuff will come in tomorrow for that cowashing date. Slowly switching over to sulfate and cone free products. Depending on if I can get to it this week I will overnight pre-poo, clarify, and overnight DC to start the CG regimen.

faithVA

Cowashed with AO Blue Chamomile. I think I will buy some Deva Curl when it goes on sale. I may try Giovanni again in the mean time.

hnntrr

upped to daily cowashing with switching to CG method. Cowashed with aubrey orgainics WC and as I am coconut cowash cleanser

mshoneyfly

cowashed on 2/28 w/vo5 xtra body after dc'ing on dry hair. Also tried a green tea rinse (made hair too hard). So i rewet' made a fenugreek tea rinse then final rinse w/acv. will cw again 2morrow...I mean, today

Last edited:

SmilingElephant

I think i may join for April-June. I've been waiting on this cold weather to go away. Its 37 degrees here in Orlando today!!