2013 MN Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

jprayze

Good Morning,

The list of challengers is on Post#2. I just copied those who thanked, but I will go through the pages and make sure that I didn't miss anyone.

Here's my starting post/info:

What is your current length? APL

Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN? I started in 2012, at the end of March.

How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? I'm going to be using a mix with 2% MN, jojoba and grapeseed oils with rosemary, cedar, lavender, and thyme EOs. I have a 1 oz tube and about 3oz total oils, so .25 will be MN in the mix. I usually do about 1/3 MN so I may add some more as we go along. This should last 1 month.

What frequency will you apply it?

Alternating every other day with MN oil mix and liquid gold sulfur oil. Starting Jan. 1.

Any other growth aids that you are using?

Been slacking on my vits but will go hard starting on Jan. 1 -- viviscal, a multi, calcium/vitamin D.

Anything else you care to add? Trying to get to MBL by December 2013.

deedoswell

I'm in!!! Need a boost to see if I can get to full BSL in 2013. Used MN in the past and it did help me to get to APL. :yep:

What is your current length? APL/about two inches from BSL

Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN? Nope, was in 2012 MN challenge.

How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? I will mix 2% with essential oils and sublimed sulfur.

What frequency will you apply it? probably 3 times per week

Any other growth aids that you are using? In Vitamin Challenge

Now just need to get my butt to the store and buy it!!!

user349463_pic119851_1356907685.jpg

felic1

Hello Everyone! Last night I rinsed out my conditioner and mixed my 4%MN with Marula Hemp by SSI along with some extra dark JBCO. I mixed well and applied and massaged the scalp during so.

alanaturelle

I mixed it with a leave in conditioner and castor oil and applied it last night. I will be dpong the same thing tonight, APL & BSL here I come, :).

xu93texas

Ok, here is my info. I haven't started with my MN mixture yet. I will be mixing the ingredients on Friday.
  • What is your current length? TWA (2.5 inches)
  • Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN? I've used MN this past summer, however, it got to be too much dealing with the ng and stretching relaxers.
  • How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? I'll be mixing it with The Peppermint Pomade and adding jbco, camellia oil, and a few drops of rosemary, eucalyptus, and peppermint oils to the pomade.
  • What frequency will you apply it? I will be using every other night.
  • Any other growth aids that you are using? sulfur concoction
  • Anything else you care to add?
  • Don't forget a starting pic!

Last edited:

NaturalfienD

Hey Ladies,

After looking at the calendar, I realized that I will have my hair in a PS by the end of next week. So I'm on and here are my stats: :yep:

What is your current length?
I am about a strong inch from BSL, but let's keep it simple and say that I am APL.

Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN?
I was a part of the 2012 challenge and I had great results ... that's why I am back one mo' time.

How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)?
I will mix my MN with various oils and some Indian powders ... more than likely, I will be using Bhringraj powder in the mix.

I will apply the mix three to four times per week ... and this time, my plan is to gradually cut down over time. :look:

Any other growth aids that you are using?
Nah ... unless we are counting supplements and drinking more water.

Anything else you care to add?
I'm pumped ... let's get this growth girls!

Don't forget a starting pic!
WORD!!!!

back2013.jpg

side.jpg

HHG ladies, I hope you all are doing well and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

beauti

ok I think I wanna camp out here but I won't have my coochie cream supply until this weekend :lol:

What is your current length?apl
Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN?no I have used MN off and on the throughout the yrs
How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? think I'm just gonna add one oil to it, maybe olive oil
think I'm gonna apply every night or every other
Any other growth aids that you are using?no

sorry pic is humongous! :look:

Last edited:

PeJae

What is your current length? SL
Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN? No
How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? I may do a lite mixture with JBCO or straight
What frequency will you apply it? Every other day
Any other growth aids that you are using? Going start my Biotin again
Anything else you care to add? Haven't really been consistent, so I will try very hard this time
Don't forget a starting pic! Pic coming Tuesday!

image-711835871.jpg

image-1402206803.jpg

dwells1210

I'm not sure exactly how much mn I used, maybe .5oz but I used 1oz of oil mix. I think it will last me until mid next week if I apply every day, but I plan to go get more MN tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I'm happy I can apply my mix and still maintain my hairstyle. I really love that it's very lite and smells really good. I tried mixing it with oil only and the products would separate and I would have to stir it before each use.

View attachment 186649

Last edited:

jprayze

Can someone please post their MN mixtures with measurements?

My mix is 2% MN, jojoba and grapeseed oils with rosemary, cedar, lavender, and thyme EOs. I have a 1 oz tube of MN and about 3oz total oils, so .25 will be MN in the mix. I usually do about 1/3 MN so I may add some more as we go along. This should last at least 1 month.

deedoswell

I'm happy I can apply my mix and still maintain my hairstyle. I really love that it's very lite and smells really good. I tried mixing it with oil only and the products would separate and I would have to stir it before each use.

View attachment 186649

Searched the thread to see what I missed - KiWiStyle - what did you use in your mix?

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Searched the thread to see what I missed - KiWiStyle - what did you use in your mix?

deedoswell I mix the MN with ORS Olive Oil, Oil Moisturizing Hair lotion and then add a little JBCO to my mix. It's a very creamy moisturizing mix that's not too oily. I don't want too many products on my scalp because I tend to get itchy, plus the JBCO will help thicken the hair from the root.

deedoswell

deedoswell I mix the MN with ORS Olive Oil, Oil Moisturizing Hair lotion and then add a little JBCO to my mix. It's a very creamy moisturizing mix that's not too oily. I don't want too many products on my scalp because I tend to get itchy, plus the JBCO will help thicken the hair from the root.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF[/QUO

Thanks! I may have to try the ORS Olive Oil and the Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion with mine. I love that stuff! Last time I was using MN mine my mix was too oily.

LexiDior

Applied my mix last night.

**Has anyone found a generic 4% thats cheap?? I found Monistat 4% at Walmart but it was $13.

beauti

i used to be able to find tubes of MN at the dollar store, dollar tree, etc, but not anymore :ohwell: gonna have to order online bc i'm not paying fifteen dollaz for the real stuff :look: for that price I can get like fifteen tubes online!

strawbewie

Applied MN tonight! My mix: One applicator of 4% MN, 1-2 oz of a oil mix ( JBCO, WGO, CO, OO), 1oz MT and 1 oz ORS lotion (thks KiwiStyle). This is a new mix I'm trying.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
What is your current length? SL, NL on sides, EL at crown, and NL in front
Is this your first time using MN or how long have you used in MN? I used it on and off in past challenge.
How will you use your MN (directly/mixed)? applied directly to scalp, massage in and then apply my HTGE over that and massage,in.
What frequency will you apply it? I'm going to try and apply daily.
Any other growth aids that you are using? HTGE and maybe some hairfinity I have.
Anything else you care to add? Nope

ForumRunner_20130104_095653.jpg

ForumRunner_20130104_095709.jpg

ForumRunner_20130104_095725.jpg

dwells1210

So far I've been to dollar tree (didn't have it) and Target ($ 8 ) looks like ill be ordering online if CVS fails

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.